IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called Bremwood and it's in Waverly.

He was how old when he was in that home? That had to be at least 20-25 years ago so are you sure that's the same institution back then? I agree they should never let RSO out of prison. If they are convicted of killing someone then they should give them the death penalty.

Imo, SapphireSteel, all but the oblivious do...Have your read Klunder's history. Fortunately, Klunder's traits are found in very few people, but once they are identified they should be incarcerated or at least monitored for life.

Not quite sure what this means...do you mean all but the oblivious think the girls were sexually assaulted?

If that's what you mean, I disagree.

IIRC it was Kent Smock who said "we don't even have a gender" in regards to the perp who took the girls.

I understand why everyone thinks Klunder is THE ONE but until LE say so, I personally doubt it.

I don't think of myself as "oblivious", more like, "not jumping to conclusions".

He was how old when he was in that home? That had to be at least 20-25 years ago so are you sure that's the same institution back then? I agree they should never let RSO out of prison. If they are convicted of killing someone then they should give them the death penalty.

16 years old....
Most folks know the indicators of a serial killer/sexual predator in training; arson, bed wetting, torture of animals>cats>felines> females...

Imo, Klunder would have had these traits...

Not quite sure what this means...do you mean all but the oblivious think the girls were sexually assaulted?

IIRC it was Kent Smock who said "we don't even have a gender" in regards to the perp who took the girls.

I understand why everyone thinks Klunder is THE ONE but until LE say so, I personally doubt it.

I don't think of myself as "oblivious", more like, "not jumping to conclusions".

RE: IIRC it was Kent Smock who said "we don't even have a gender" in regards to the perp who took the girls.

This statement by Kent Smock, speaks volumes, imo..
Evansdale police chief Kent Smock, is obviously clueless and oblivious, imo, and should be put out to pasture.. "Without Public Safety for our families, we have nothing".. "Silence by LE is the sexual predators most lethal weapon & only causes innocent lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo"...

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_4876f5ce-c875-11e2-a1ed-001a4bcf887a.html

Can anyone think of a solved case where a child was abducted or murdered by a sexual predator and LE didn't communicate much/at all with the public?

When he made that statement, I don't think they had a gender at that point because all the tests had not been processed yet. Maybe they found out afterwards and chose to keep the information to themselves?

I'm right there with you, while I understand the desire to have the girls' killer dead, I'm not sure I'm ready to jump on the blaming Klunder train, something just doesn't feel right.

My theory jumps all over the place but my initial instincts on this case were not that it was a sexually motivated crime.

RE: IIRC it was Kent Smock who said "we don't even have a gender" in regards to the perp who took the girls.

This statement by Kent Smock, speaks volumes, imo..
Evansdale police chief Kent Smock, is obviously clueless and oblivious, imo, and should be put out to pasture.. "Without Public Safety for our families, we have nothing".. "Silence by LE is the sexual predators most lethal weapon & only causes innocent lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo"...

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_4876f5ce-c875-11e2-a1ed-001a4bcf887a.html

Wow. Harsh words...but I understand and share your frustration. :pullhair:

FWIW I've just been reading up on a local case down here where a certain pedophile was arrested and shoved in jail for murdering a small boy.

20 years later the property he owned in the 1990's is still being examined by LE for a little girl who was also abducted, presumably murdered.

Even though its "obvious" this pedophile abducted and murdered her too, LE still have not named this guy as even a "person of interest".

I'm guessing that this is because (allegedly) there was once a ring of pedophiles operating locally who were the worst of the worst, preferring to share, torture, and murder their victims. This ring allegedly had members high up in government and business, surgeons and judges etc, some of whom are probably still sitting in their cushy jobs - no proof you see.

They don't want to come out and blame it all on one when they suspect many. I guess they don't want folks feeling too comfortable.

:banghead:

I'm right there with you, while I understand the desire to have the girls' killer dead, I'm not sure I'm ready to jump on the blaming Klunder train, something just doesn't feel right.

My theory jumps all over the place but my initial instincts on this case were not that it was a sexually motivated crime.

My theory still hasn't budged one iota. :sigh:

It's worth noting that Klunder stalked his prey, like most abductors. He parked where his prey was likely to be (eg a school bus stop) and called them to him. He didn't even have to get out of his car. :maddening:

Lizzie and Lyric were intercepted...not stalked. :moo:

Betty P, this is Perceived Hypothesis; the reason the Adam Walsh investigation went cold for almost three decades. Combine this with Jurisdictional Blindness Linkage Blindness and the results are synonymous....

When these two investigative errors are combined, recidivist sexual predators such as Michael Klunder, are allowed to prey on other innocent victims, as illustrated in this tragic case...

BRINGING ADAM HOME by Les Standiford and Joe Matthews - YouTube

BRINGING ADAM HOME by Les Standiford and Joe Matthews

"When will they learn"?...

I read that book last year, it was very frustrating and horrifying, but enlightening. So many missed opportunities to find the guilty party.

My theory still hasn't budged one iota. :sigh:

It's worth noting that Klunder stalked his prey, like most abductors. He parked where his prey was likely to be (eg a school bus stop) and called them to him. He didn't even have to get out of his car. :maddening:

Lizzie and Lyric were intercepted...not stalked. :moo:

Are we 100% sure they were not stalked?
I believe they were stalked, MOO

We are not 100% sure about anything. :(

IF the bikes were not staged, it does appear as though they were intercepted by someone who drove up to the pathway, parked, got out of their car, and waited.

The bikes were dropped not propped, and the dogs and placement of the purse tend to indicate the girls were led away. :moo:

Elizabeth's sisters were at Angel's Park today. It seems that this made the girls happy to have what was a sad place turn into a happy place. Honestly, if it makes them happy, then that's all I need to believe it was worth it. It is coming along. I think it will be beautiful and will get a lot of use. I know many aren't happy about it, but if it helps them to maybe miss their sister a tiny bit less, then i think that's the point. I'm not implying that its all about them, but rather, we could learn a thing or two from a couple of little girls.

Elizabeth's sisters were at Angel's Park today. It seems that this made the girls happy to have what was a sad place turn into a happy place. Honestly, if it makes them happy, then that's all I need to believe it was worth it. It is coming along. I think it will be beautiful and will get a lot of use. I know many aren't happy about it, but if it helps them to maybe miss their sister a tiny bit less, then i think that's the point. I'm not implying that its all about them, but rather, we could learn a thing or two from a couple of little girls.

Does anyone have a picture of what Angel's Park looks like now? I would love to see what it looks like.

The same issue is raising its head in Kathlynn's town too. Some want the bridge she was found under renamed.

I'm sorry but I think that is wildly inappropriate and in very poor taste.

There might be something recent on wcfcourier.com. I'll try to get there this week. My life will be much less busy after tomorrow, thank goodness!!

The same issue is raising its head in Kathlynn's town too. Some want the bridge she was found under renamed.

I'm not sure what part of the bridge or bridges there are yet. It sounded like seperate bridges but close together? Already a structure possibly.

One link I read said people could stand on the walking bridge and see the KS bridge (remarkable woman historic memory, and honored). I haven't checked facts or anything. I do agree, don't change the name. Add Kathlynn & her bridge.

What I read sounded pretty good. jmo

It would be...but that's not quite accurate. They want the old, closed Wagon Wheel bridge nearby that overlooks the Kate Shelley High Bridge renamed (and it's just a small pedestrian bridge):

Troy Hendrickson said:
Just a thought, but part of the area under the Kate Shelly High Bridge is nature area/wildlife refuge, with the now closed Wagon Wheel Bridge in the immediate area, it's fate has yet to be decided I believe but opening it as a pedestrian bridge was one of the possibilities, it would offer the most perfect view of the Kate Shelley bridge and the area around, which is quite beautiful.

I would like to request the families permission to formally propose the bridge be re-opened as a pedestrian bridge/overlook, dedicated to the families of the victims and all the volunteers who helped search for who, renamed in Kathlynn's honor. I know many in Boone County would most likely support this, I think it would be an awesome memorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simlyme

We are not 100% sure about anything. :(

IF the bikes were not staged, it does appear as though they were intercepted by someone who drove up to the pathway, parked, got out of their car, and waited.

The bikes were dropped not propped, and the dogs and placement of the purse tend to indicate the girls were led away. :moo:

A fox prefers to hunt its prey in or near a chicken house/s...
10 Year old Jessica Ridgeway's abductor/murderer; Austin Sigg(CO) abducted her while walking to school and attempted to abduct/rape another victim at a local park. Both are common locations where sexual predators strike, for obvious reasons..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89