IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, if this post violates TOS, please remove it. I don't think it does so I am going ahead.

My opinion is Dan did not hurt these girls and was not involved in the planning and carrying out of the abduction and deaths. It is also my opinion that the crimes are related somehow to the meth drug culture in Evansdale and surrounding areas. The abduction date and the planned plea bargain date are too much of a coincidence for me to accept. Does Dan now know what happened? I think he does and found out after the fact. Let me say right now that I have no sympathy for drug addicts and dealers. However, I have followed links here on WS that show pictures of Dan. In some pictures, it seems to me, that he looks like he is carrying a heavy burden and will do so until the day he dies. If he knows something, I think he told LE a long time ago. For all we know, he could have been gathering information for LE for quite a while. Hence, the delays in bringing him for sentencing. Whatever happens tomorrow, I pray that God keeps this family close.

I completely agree! :rockon:

If, after whatever happens today regarding the sentencing hearing is done, no one is arrested for the abduction/murder of the two children, can suggestions that Elizabeth was abducted and murdered because her cousin's non-custodial father is a drug addict be put to rest?

If, after whatever happens today regarding the sentencing hearing is done, no one is arrested for the abduction/murder of the two children, can suggestions that Elizabeth was abducted and murdered because her cousin's non-custodial father is a drug addict be put to rest?

It won't change my mind...

It won't change my mind...

Is the assumption that Dan's drug habit is directly related to the murders based on evidence, or a gut feeling?

Or ... is the assumption that Evansdale has a lot of drug addicts and therefore the probability that a drug addict was responsible is somewhat higher than if this happened in a place where there are fewer drug addicts?

Can anyone cite an example of a crazed drug addict masterminding the abduction and murder of two children?

Is the assumption that Dan's drug habit is directly related to the murders based on evidence, or a gut feeling?

Or ... is the assumption that Evansdale has a lot of drug addicts and therefore the probability that a drug addict was responsible is somewhat higher than if this happened in a place where there are fewer drug addicts?

My thoughts/beliefs of what happened is based on evidence ( that has been made public), timing of events, and an educated and an analytical thought process.

I am just so heavy hearted with this case. I completely understand the drug connection and the coincidences that appear to be entirely TOO coincidental for it to be just that...a coincidence.

However, I also see how this happened on the Collins turf...potentially in an area close to where Elizabeth was regularly seen riding her bike (close to the lake). The Collins family also has been rumored to have "questionable" associates along the way as well.

Because Drew is on his witch hunt for sex offenders, it makes me think there is some reason to believe they have the belief that a sexual offense occurred.

:sigh:

However, all I can say is this...

If this abduction was 100% random - no knowledge of either of these girls or their families - they couldn't have gotten luckier than the family of these two girls - in the aspect of disctractions/potential motives.

There have been so many theories as to who could be involved and how it could have/couldn't have happened it's mindboggling.

What a freaking nightmare for these little girls.

I just hope to God they aren't looking down from Heaven wondering why justice hasn't been served upon their murderer.

My only comfort in this whole mess is my faith that this person will eventually have to answer for this - regardless if we here on earth never know the truth.

I think even if LE came out and said that Dan was cleared of involvement in the girls disappearance and murders there would be some that would insist he was involved. There is another case I follow where a suspect has been the only person cleared in the case by LE and there are still many who think he is responsible.

It is my opinion that if you have a very solid opinion formed about a theory then it is difficult to see the truth when all the facts come out.

I think even if LE came out and said that Dan was cleared of involvement in the girls disappearance and murders there would be some that would insist he was involved. There is another case I follow where a suspect has been the only person cleared in the case by LE and there are still many who think he is responsible.

It is my opinion that if you have a very solid opinion formed about a theory then it is difficult to see the truth when all the facts come out.

If facts or evidence is presented that contradicts my views I would be able to see that, however, that is yet to happen.

I just want justice for these little girls, and their families.

AGAIN, I want to make clear that I don't really think that Dan is responsible...I think it is the circumstance of the people and things he is involved in that set all of this in motion.

If facts or evidence is presented that contradicts my views I would be able to see that, however, that is yet to happen.

I just want justice for these little girls, and their families.

AGAIN, I want to make clear that I don't really think that Dan is responsible...I think it is the circumstance of the people and things he is involved in that set all of this in motion.

I'm only jumping off your post because it reminded me of something. I believe some of the theories are because of activity with Dan that was to happen and didn't (something with a plea deal and him changing his mind, etc.)

Can someone remind me exactly what it was again?

My thoughts/beliefs of what happened is based on evidence ( that has been made public), timing of events, and an educated and an analytical thought process.

I must have missed evidence connecting the murders to drugs. Would you happen to have a link, or could you describe that evidence?
Thx

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_6e223240-1c9c-11e3-9c93-001a4bcf887a.html

17 minutes ago • By JEFF REINITZ jeff.reinitz@wcfcourier.com(0) Comments
WATERLOO, Iowa --- The father of one of the slain cousins has been sentenced to prison on drug charges.

On Friday, District Court Judge David Staudt sentenced Daniel Eugene Morrissey, 37, of Waterloo, to up to 90 years in prison with 30 years mandatory minimum.

Morrissey — father of Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, who disappeared in July 2012 with her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, 8, and was later found dead — had entered guilty and Alford pleas to meth manufacturing and other drug charges stemming from incidents both before the disappearance and after the girls' remains were discovered.

No arrests have been made in the girls' deaths.

Part of Friday's sentencing was shrouded in secrecy and held in the judge's chambers at the request of Morrissey's attorney. Defense attorney Kevin Schoeberl said part of the state's presentation touched on pending investigations, and he argued it could place his client at risk. Prosecutors weren't concerned about the information becoming public and had fought the secrecy.

The closed session took about 50 minutes as two sheriff's deputies guarded to door to the judge's chamber.

Morrissey's mother and teenage son attended the open portion of the sentencing.

Morrissey had faced 235 years in prison if the charges were run consecutive, but in June he entered a plea agreement limiting his exposure to no more than 45 years behind bars for the charges stemming from drug activity following the disappearance. He was also eligible for probation.

Exactly. Thanks for that. It is exactly like the case of Victoria Stafford. She was kidnapped and murdered by two mental defects with deviant sexual behavior ... a random event. Because her mother was addicted to pharmaceuticals, people had tunnel vision and assumed that the mother was responsible. If they didn't directly blame her, they blamed her connection to drug use.

When the murderers were caught, it turned out that they too had substance abuse problems. That common factor of "substance abuse" allowed many to feel comfortable in blaming the mother ... simply because of the common factor of substance abuse.

In reality, there was no connection between victim that was chosen and the victim's family. It was a random event.

I must have missed evidence connecting the murders to drugs. Would you happen to have a link, or could you describe that evidence?
Thx

There has not been evidence connecting the murders to drugs...however, there has not been evidence connecting the murders to ANYTHING!

There has not been evidence connecting the murders to drugs...however, there has not been evidence connecting the murders to ANYTHING!

Sure drug dealers and drug buyers kill each other.

Specifically related to Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook, is there any evidence connecting their murders to drugs. For example, were drugs found at the scene of the bikes? Have we heard that drugs were found with their remains? Is there any evidence of drugs in their murders, or is it similar to saying that their murders are connected to chemical weapons in Syria ... simply because children in Syria were also murdered?

Sure drug dealers and drug buyers kill each other.

Specifically related to Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook, is there any evidence connecting their murders to drugs. For example, were drugs found at the scene of the bikes? Have we heard that drugs were found with their remains? Is there any evidence of drugs in their murders, or is it similar to saying that their murders are connected to chemical weapons in Syria ... simply because children in Syria were also murdered?

I already answered this question...but you obviously think I am way off base. It would be great if you would list some evidence that makes you think it is not related to the circle of people that Dan was involved with?

My personal opinion is that I have suspected a drug connection since the get-go. I do not believe any family members harmed the girls. The reasons I make the drug connection follow:

1. 4 days prior to Lyric and Elizabeth's abduction and murder, Lyric and Tammy's daughter were late coming home from a park in Lyric's neighborhood. When Misty called Dan to tell him about it he told Misty to call the cops. I thought that was odd coming from someone who avoids LE because of his activities.

2. Dan was to take a plea deal on July 12th and changed his mind because "he wasn't ready to go to jail," according to a Tammy, I believe, though it could have been Wylma or Vicki who said that. Could it be he didn't take the plea deal because he had received threats of harm to the family?

If Dan had been ratting people out I can envision retaliation by those he ratted out or I can envision the people he was GOING to rat out at the plea deal, taking the girls as hostages until they knew Dan was going to shut his mouth. Maybe something went wrong in the hostage situation and they were killed? Maybe someone who lost a family member to a long stint in prison because of Dan ratting thought he should also see what it is like to lose a loved one?

These are my opinions and have been since late July of 2012.

My personal opinion is that I have suspected a drug connection since the get-go. I do not believe any family members harmed the girls. The reasons I make the drug connection follow:

1. 4 days prior to Lyric and Elizabeth's abduction and murder, Lyric and Tammy's daughter were late coming home from a park in Lyric's neighborhood. When Misty called Dan to tell him about it he told Misty to call the cops. I thought that was odd coming from someone who avoids LE because of his activities.

2. Dan was to take a plea deal on July 12th and changed his mind because "he wasn't ready to go to jail," according to a Tammy, I believe, though it could have been Wylma or Vicki who said that. Could it be he didn't take the plea deal because he had received threats of harm to the family?
If Dan had been ratting people out I can envision retaliation by those he ratted out or I can envision the people he was GOING to rat out at the plea deal, taking the girls as hostages until they knew Dan was going to shut his mouth. Maybe something went wrong in the hostage situation and they were killed? Maybe someone who lost a family member to a long stint in prison because of Dan ratting thought he should also see what it is like to lose a loved one?

This is what I was trying to remember...thanks.

Hear me out here on this - I'm NOT saying anyone's drug connection thinking are necessarily wrong...I'm just trying to make sense of it.

Ok - so in an effort to shut Dan up these people just happened to drive to Evansdale on that Friday and they just happened to find Lyric and Elizabeth playing down at the lake unattended? And they also were able to not only pull this off with no visibility...but LE had Dan's phone (and phone records I'm sure) so they more than likely didn't make contact with Dan either since we know they checked out all the #'s in his phone (per interviews).

Not only am I struggling with the amount of luck these people had...but I still don't understand how doing this would possibly shut Dan (or anyone else in that family) up.

:dunno:

My exact thoughts too! We can go back and forth on "evidence", sightings, who was where and when, types of cars, bikes, witnesses, and even sexual/non-sexual, stranger/acquaintance, but the fact that has remained constant and factual is that Dan changed his plea the day before these girls went missing...for me this speaks volumes and has been my idea of motive from day 1!

I am right there with ya!:rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members