IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know Patty, those who do not keep up with cases like we do here, if they hear LE tell them they have a couple of POI's, often that person will interpret it to mean suspects. I believe if I were in Grandma's situation I would too.They may even be saying suspects to the family but using POI's publically.

True. We all know that LE says in many cases everyone is a "person of interest" until they are ruled out.

My thoughts are the "persons of interests" that LE is talking to, is the family, and that family is the one that is not cooperating.

Grandma may just have called her own family "suspects."

I don't know if my computer is messed up or what. I just went and looked to see who was in jail. Today there was a booking--There is no name listed and the charges are not listed. It just gives the date, time and says no bond hold. I thought it was odd.

Not your computer or if it is mine is also,lol..I get the same thing you do. Weird.

First they should have asked for people who were at the lake to contact the police on day 1 at the very first presser. Second they should have been searching cars at road blocks on the highway on day one not 1 week later. Like I said previously I am almost never ever doubtful of LE, but in this case I am.

I do think LE is giving false hopes to the family and general public in this case. I think the local LE wants so bad to believe that this is not a real abduction that their little town is a safe one. I know FBI is saying the same thing but they may just be repeating what local LE is telling them. I feel they have nothing. I could very well be wrong, but this case is so sad and frustrating to me I am going to have to step away awhile and not post, I think.

I have to agree with you on a lot of what you are saying Angel.

Just because they 'believe' the children are alive could be said for a myriad of reasons.

As you said wanting the community to think they are going to get the girls back and the community can go on as before. There has been other missing children's cases and the police did not even warn the community that a predator was on the loose when it turned out there was the entire time until they were finally caught.

Or they simply have no evidence at this time showing the girls are deceased which is what has been said in other cases by LE at the time even when it turned out the victim(s) were dead.

Just because they havent uncovered any evidence of their deaths doesnt mean they are alive either but LE can say this based on the logic that they have no proof showing they are dead.

I really dont put much into how LE phrases things. They know if they put it out there that they 'believe' the girls are alive they will get more calling into the tip line. It also gives the families hope even if it turns out to be false hope it still helps them to keep hope alive in their hearts. And Marc Klass always says no matter what happens in the end or how long it takes the families of missing children should always hope for the best. It probably helps to keep their sanity.

IMO

We CAN verify what grandma said. We heard her on NG and have the transcript of her conversation. CAN.

Thank you. I would like to read the transcript, could you post the link please?

the presser really left me sorta upset... BUT then after i thought about it -- i think they are in the process of verifying initial statements and the validity of those statements that were made about supposed fishermen etc. that were asked if they had seen the girls... if that makes sense...im trying not to point any fingers as to who made these statements because i have no idea... kwim? i think they are gathering corroborating evidence that will support who was NOT at the lake and could not have been asked about the girls either because they were not there or that they do not even exist...jmo

Okay, while we're waiting I have a question, if it's been answered, my sincere apologizes. Am I the only one that can't understand why they wanted to leave water in the lake so the divers could go in? I don't know the lake, and I was thinking if you drain the lake, you don't need the divers. Is this not true? The only way to actually see was keep water in?

Does anyone know if any family members searched for the girls at the Lake before police got there?

SBM

Apparently Misty posted on FB that she had to take another polygraph
by Chris Essig - Courier via mobile 3:37 PM

Because the first one was inconclusive
by Chris Essig - Courier via mobile 3:38 PM

Majority of family members have been cooperative
by Chris Essig - Courier via mobile 3:36 PM

Misty on today's Fox interview: "...there's been full cooperation."

I think LE is saying they believe the girls are alive is based on not finding them in the lake Friday.

IMO

How do we even know about the raid? Was it at the person's house, that we were not supposed to talk about here yesterday?

Someone above referenced an anonymous person booked into jail. Was the other person, and the anonymous person booked into the jail, or just one person?

Okay, while we're waiting I have a question, if it's been answered, my sincere apologizes. Am I the only one that can't understand why they wanted to leave water in the lake so the divers could go in? I don't know the lake, and I was thinking if you drain the lake, you don't need the divers. Is this not true? The only way to actually see was keep water in?

The FBI said that they needed six feet of water in order to use their uber special equipment ...

The lake has deep holes, 20 feet deep it was said, and those could not be drained. They also needed 6 feet of water depth for the sonar to work.

Does anyone know if any family members searched for the girls at the Lake before police got there?

Aunt Tammy, Grandma, and E's brother went to the lake and asked people if they had seen them. One man said he saw them riding their bikes eastbound. Another kid said he didn't see them and he was fishing for a long time.

I just keep thinking back to my childhood. I was about eight when I went for a ride around the block, I ran into a LILCO (long island lighting Company) man in a van. I talked to him by his window for a bit, then he invited me in to the van. I got in!!! He put my bike in the back, I sat while he ate his lunch, drew me a picture and then drove me to my mom's house. He delivered me to MOM.... Mom had a cow... I was very lucky he was a nice man and actually loved kids. I would talk to him in future, but never get in as Mom gave me strict instructions to follow from that day forth. But, if they were not instructed, how easy it is to get a child to just get in. Never forget that day....

I'm glad it worked out and sad that things are such that men (to a greater extent than women) are viewed as potential enemies.

Aunt TB said she instructed them about "stranger danger" and to scream, kick, drop to the ground, etc. To do anything to avoid getting into a vehicle because it would decrease their chances of survival.

But over and over, it has been shown just how easy it is to fool children. There has been several TV shows that set up situations with the parents' consent that showed children who had extensive "stranger danger" education would go right along with a potential abductor.

Invariable, the parents (watching on video) are horrified and disbelieving. Before the set up, they insisted that their child would never fall for it.

But it is very difficult to teach the concept of "stranger" to children and it is very easy to fool a child into believing a stranger is not really a stranger.

Hi all. This is my first-ever post here, but I have been following the entire thread. I happened to be watching Fox News (the national cable news channel, not the local affiliate) this morning when Misty, Wylma and Tammy were on. When it started, the 3 women were not aware they were on-air yet. Misty was giggling and being silly. Tammy actually reached across Wylma and swatted at her and said, "STOP IT." This part has been cut out of the interview that FoxInsider posted online. But I saw it with my own eyes.

Also, of note, Tammy and Wylma were wearing "Find Lyric & Elizabeth" shirts. Misty was wearing a cute summer tank top.

I don't know if I'm allowed to include my opinion on it, so if not, the mods can delete this next part -- At first I thought Misty was involved because of her casual and even happy demeanor. But when I saw her this morning, my opinion changed a bit. She almost looked like the cat that ate the canary -- like she knows something that the others didn't and is bursting at the seams about it. I now think that she was NOT involved, but maybe the FBI has given her information that lets her know Lyric is safe, and that is why she is happy. JMO.

I have to agree with you on a lot of what you are saying Angel.

Just because they 'believe' the children are alive could be said for a myriad of reasons.

As you said wanting the community to think they are going to get the girls back and the community can go on as before. There has been other missing children's cases and the police did not even warn the community that a predator was on the loose when it turned out there was the entire time until they were finally caught.

Or they simply have no evidence at this time showing the girls are deceased which is what has been said in other cases by LE at the time even when it turned out the victim(s) were dead.

Just because they havent uncovered any evidence of their deaths doesnt mean they are alive either but LE can say this based on the logic that they have no proof showing they are dead.

I really dont put much into how LE phrases things. They know if they put it out there that the girls are alive they will get more calling into the tip line. It also gives the families hope even if it turns out to be false hope it still helps them to keep hope alive in their hearts. And Marc Klass always says no matter what happens in the end or how long it takes the families of missing children should always hope for the best. It probably helps to keep their sanity.

IMO

Respectfully, I disagree. This is not just local LE making comments in the press. A FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation spokesperson publically stating that they believe the girls are alive is very different from saying they have no evidence they are deceased. The FBI PR folks are experts in wording and statements. I do not think they are trying to appease a frantic public. They are saying what they can say, and they are extremely careful about that. This is why I think it is extraordinary that they have told us they believe the girls are alive. I do not believe that statement would have been made if they did not have the girls somewhere safe already. While I understand and embrace Marc Klass's advice that hope is everything to the family of someone missing, I do not believe it is the job of the FBI to make public statements just for that goal, nor do I think they would do so.

Gosh, I hope I am right :please:

Thank you. I would like to read the transcript, could you post the link please?

I just posted it a few pages back.

Nancy Grace Transcripts

WYLMA COOK, GRANDMOTHER (via telephone): You`re welcome.

GRACE: Ms. Cook, tell me what you saw that day, the day the girls go missing.

COOK: Well, I took her from my house -- I live in Waterloo, and her mom left for work. She rode with me to Heather`s house, my other daughter in Evansdale. And I go there every day for four or five hours, and she always goes with me. And because Heather is not well and she has four little kids. And we did a daily routine that day at, you know, in her house doing things, eating breakfast and all that stuff.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member