IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked...there is one suspicious booking today at 12:10....no name listed, no charge listed, and says no bond hold...hummmmm

So, was this possibly what they expected to be a 'breakthrough' on the case, and a partial reason for the delay of the press conference? If so, it must not have panned out (at least for now).

Or could be totally unrelated.

Can anyone lead me back to the link of the MSM that had the colorful comments? There is something I want to look at again, but I got diverted when looking cause the presser started....TIA

This one?

The comment section is getting weirder day by day. Either someone is poking fun on a serious matter or they are trying to throw the investigation off-track.

Don't know the truth to this.

View attachment 24858

Also from today: “There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” Breault said.
by Chris Essig - Courier 6:03 PM

http://wcfcourier.com/updates-the-h...tml_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

Also from today: “There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” Breault said.
by Chris Essig - Courier 6:03 PM

http://wcfcourier.com/updates-the-h...tml_7502e29a-ce9a-11e1-80bf-0019bb2963f4.html

yes but no...lol. I read one comment in there that stated that it was rumored about someone they had been last seen with...that was the post I was looking for in the comments, cannot find it now...ugh

I've been keeping an eye on today's jail admissions - 6 or 8 today so far. No names that mean anything to me... Just a reminder, here's the link that was provided yesterday:
http://www.bhcso.org/WhosInJail.aspx

Once you get to that link, you can click on the "Booking Date" header to have the info sorted by the booking date (toggles between newest->oldest and oldest->newest)...

If that's a really tight time frame, wouldn't it be just as easy or perhaps more easy to envision the girls on their bikes, someone physically blocks them on the path (carrying a weapon, like a gun) and says, drop the bikes and come with me). Wouldn't that be quicker and a more likely reason to just drop the bikes (if being intimidated) as opposed to dropping them and then running int a difficulty. JUST A THEORY.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...hwId89B_-g&dirflg=b&mra=ltm&t=m&z=15&lci=bike

According to Google Maps, it is 1.6 miles - or about eight minutes - to bike from Lederman's Big and Tall Store to where the girls' bikes were found. That's a very tight time frame for something to happen where their bikes were found, though. To me, that would indicate that they may have set their bikes on the path themselves and then run into trouble shortly afterward.

Somebody stop me! I have this incredible urge to sleuth all the family members, neighbors, casual bystanders and the LE in this case!

:whip2:

Shefner - sit on your hands! Don't do it - it's not worth a time out!
:jail:

ETA: like the old saying goes: loose lips sink ships, well loose fingers are posting enders. If you found something interesting you know you'd want to share it with us .

Patty, No audio. ? Am I the only one? TIA

I have audio, but it is so low. I complained to the media and they gave a very "poor" excuse. I told them if they want to get the word out to the general public using their Live Stream, they better get their act together so the locals as well as surrounding states can hear the plea from LE etc., etc. :what:

I have sound on this one.

Thx. I had to go to KWWL to listen. Don't know what the problem is because all the others I have watched have been thru that station. Maybe since it was zapped when listening to it-- my computer decided it doesn't like that website anymore. ? LOL

She has a pink shirt on with the girls on it as her Facebook profile picture.

Thanks, now that is interesting as the only page I found for her did not. Maybe she has more than one FB?

ET: I see it now...there are two FB pages for her.

Maybe they didn't move them to a place that was better, but to get away from something that was at the first place that they couldn't have leave. Do I need to reword that?

I don't know why they changed locations like that.

I do remember that the media has had problems getting their feeds out from the old location. So maybe they decided the problem could not be overcome at the old location and moved everyone to the school.

Respectfully, I disagree. This is not just local LE making comments in the press. A FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation spokesperson publically stating that they believe the girls are alive is very different from saying they have no evidence they are deceased. The FBI PR folks are experts in wording and statements. I do not think they are trying to appease a frantic public. They are saying what they can say, and they are extremely careful about that. This is why I think it is extraordinary that they have told us they believe the girls are alive. I do not believe that statement would have been made if they did not have the girls somewhere safe already. While I understand and embrace Marc Klass's advice that hope is everything to the family of someone missing, I do not believe it is the job of the FBI to make public statements just for that goal, nor do I think they would do so.

Gosh, I hope I am right :please:

I hope you are right too Coco but FBI is on a lot of cases.....numerous and the same thing has been said by them before in other cases when it turned out they were mistaken and the victim(s) were deceased.

I wouldnt say it is their job but they do want to give the families hope until they are sure it isnt going to have a happy ending. If they have no evidence proving the children are deceased they will tell the family they dont and in turn that gives the families hope.

IMO

Just me, but I think there is a difference in the FBI or LE saying "no proof of them being deceased" and "we have good reason from things we've found that they are alive". LE weighs their words very carefully and intentionally. IMO

You're talking about this comment, that the FBI says they have reason to believe the girls are alive, and every time you say it, I feel like I remember the same comment being made in a different case, and it's really bugging me, so, ANYONE? Do you recall the FBI or LE making that comment in another case? We have reason to believe "Suzy S." is alive. If I wait for my brain to kick in, it will be 3 am and I'll wake up from a sound sleep.

I always do my own private sleuthing in many cases, but just don't post it here.

That's cause you're a pro! My sleuthing is equivalent to speculating endlessly about all my own opinions! :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension