IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize the FBI released a statement saying that. I thought we got all our information about the dogs from Aunt Tammy. I'm not even sure if the FBI told Aunt Tammy the results. It was my impression that she just observed the dogs and told us what she saw. But it's totally possible that I missed that info coming from the FBI. If I did, sorry!

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said the reaction from the dogs Monday night indicated a "strong possibility" the girls had been at the lake, less than a mile from their grandmother's house where they were last reported seen Friday. However, Breault said because there were no confirmed sightings at the lake, authorities couldn't be certain.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/17/fbi-dogs-join-search-for-missing-iowa-girls/#ixzz21fTmjozE

I wonder if there are any cameras on Evans St that show footage of the girls.

Thinking out loud....

If I were 8-10 years old, riding my bike and my destination was the area that the bikes were found (since the last thing that the girls were seen WITH was their bikes) I would take the fastest route, straight down Evans. Kids don't waste time by taking the scenic route to their destination. So, what if they went around their block after being recorded on the camera and then went straight down Evans?

If someone grew up as a boy (just thinking typical perp is male) in a house near the SE corner of the lake, they probably would have explored that wooded area with the old, overgrown and long forgotten road in it. The girls could have been taken and put into a nearby house or car as they tried to come INTO the trail by entering through the Arbutus opening. The perp could have used that old road to bring the bikes onto the trail and then dumped them near the gate, under the cover of the overhanging bushes and trees.

LE would never comment on the condition of the bikes. :waiting: Question: When the bikes were found, did they have grass or leaves stuck on them anywhere like hat could happen if a perp is carrying 2 bikes through grass or brush before dropping them on the trail? Did Ted G notice anything like that on the bikes that he saw?

Was there a house nearby that the girls could have been taken to and held there while the perp got rid of the bikes? Could he have kept them there all this time? Could they have survived if they had been left alone for several days? (Did they have food and water or were they tied up or otherwise incapacitated to keep them from escaping?)

The Energy Drinks....could 3 people have come out of a house nearby and drank the energy drinks while they watched the search go on at the trail and lake? Did LE collect them as possible evidence?

IMO, JMO, MOO

Attachments

• Meyers Lake SE corner Bing map.jpg
    Meyers Lake SE corner Bing map.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 31
But has this person ever come forward?

Correct me if I'm wrong...I could be mixing quotes (don't have time to link back to where she said this...) but I believe she stated that LE had the name of this person.

So I'm guessing maybe they stayed at the lake until LE arrived to tell them that yes, they had seen them?

According to aunt tammy though when she arrived at the park someone DID say they saw 2 little girls riding west on their bikes. (Maybe them? Maybe not?) But she did say that someone claimed to have seen 2 girls riding bikes going west.

I know that. :) We dont really have confirmation it was the girls. tho.

I think people probably did see the girls at one or more locations but did not see anything out of the ordinary, so they don't remember it.

If the girls had been visibly distressed, I think people would have remembered that.

But in the summer, on a nice day? There were probably kids out and playing all over Evansdale, two more weren't memorable.

Yes, I totally agree.

True it might not have been drugs, but would you trust two young girls with money (I would assume it would be a larger amount) one of which just tried to "run away"?

Drug involved people typically have gophers for that sort of thing anyways, druggies who can't pay for their drugs, so they do crap work for the higher up's....(at least that's what news always says lol)

I dunno, I just think it seems less likely.

Can you rent a paddleboat at any of the campgrounds in the area?

Now I'm confused----I thought the video shows them biking AWAY from the lake---not to the lake??

I didn't realize the FBI released a statement saying that. I thought we got all our information about the dogs from Aunt Tammy. I'm not even sure if the FBI told Aunt Tammy the results. It was my impression that she just observed the dogs and told us what she saw. But it's totally possible that I missed that info coming from the FBI. If I did, sorry!

That's ok.

It is absolutely amazing how chinese whispers work in forums like these. Facts become lost or altered very quickly. Like the "I've passed the lie detector test" declaration...that is not what Misty actually said, but it was reported that way (by DODGY media) and became a factoid.

This is why I always TRY to go to the source documents...I've had a hard time in this one as I'm not a local but it is out there if you look hard enough.

Forums like this are great though - there's always someone with a unique thought or question. It's when you go through and fact check that you start to build up a solid personal opinion on what you believe happened. You absolutely have to do the extra work when you read a declaration, be of a questioning, cynical mind (like me) say, hm.....what did they REALLY say/do, and check it yourself.

You would not believe the little details lost to time that I have uncovered in the Madeleine McCann case, just by reading and checking. Amazing and there's some details that are absolutely unbelievable, which have been swept under the carpet. I've actually started writing a book.

:banghead:

CN2Souls wrote:

I think that is an EXCELLENT idea!

Let's grab the dogs, go door to door, and take a poll:

"Please rate, on a scale of 1-10, how offended you are at having these dogs sniff your yard/driveway/door/ windowless white van/ paddle boat?"

"Ok, thank you for your input. Now, if you will please just sign here so your vote can be counted...here, use this brand new pen I've carefully removed from it's sterile wrapper with my gloved hand. Have a wonderful day!"

:angel: "Avon Calling!"

(most of you are probably too young to get the joke of this ruse)

I know that. :) We dont really have confirmation it was the girls. tho.

We don't really have confirmation of anything much :(

but when you add all these little snippets, they all add up to a big, blurry picture of those girls being at that lake that day.

Don't forget the $$$$ both local LE and FBI spent draining it. They thought they were in there.

IMO.

:moo:

Now I'm confused----I thought the video shows them biking AWAY from the lake---not to the lake??

Th video shows them biking WEST on Brovan Boulevard. That is all it shows. They could have biked to the lake going either direction on that road, as the lake is directly SOUTH of the road they were on.

JMOO

It did. ET also A that the video shows what it shows. Some reporter viewing it decided that the direction of travel was "away" from the lake.

ETA however, the video is a snippet. A moment in time. It cannot tell us if the girls were ever at the lake. It cannot tell us if the girls were at the lake that day. That is the great debate today. Were they at the lake? If so why? If so why would gramma say they wouldn't go there? If not then why would TB have a "gut feeling" they were? and on and on and on. We have gone round and round the same statements and theories all day in here and my head is spinning from it.

is the a head spinning emoticon?

They were seen in the video biking west. They could go either west and then south or east and then south to the lake.

That is what the new article at Huffington post says. It made it very clear that the girls were heading AWAY from the lake. I wonder if they were possibly headed to where Misti works.

I don't buy any theory that they were not at the lake, because the dogs tracked them away from the bikes to the shoreline and into the woods. Two different dogs. One dog, maybe a mistake, two...not so much. Moo

Whether they were traveling away from the direction of the lake at 12:15 shows only that fact. What happened after 12:15 is so far unknown, until the bikes were found unless the FBI or LE has chatter, has found physical evidence somewhere, indication of a plan of some sort, or some exchange of information, having been obtained subsequent to the 3:58 time at the lake. MOO

That statement is a little puzzling because the girls are on tape heading west.

The lake is south from their location on that tape.

Going east may be the most direct route or the best route for bikes but I can't see anything on the map that precludes the girls taking a western route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme