IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure the guy fits the 2012 child murder, but who knows!

It seems that his MO was to drug his victims. It will be interesting to find out how he came in contact with them in the first place - were they strangers? Acquaintances? Was it a grooming situation? Knowing more about how he was doing this may indicate whether it fits what's known about Evansdale.

It seems that his MO was to drug his victims. It will be interesting to find out how he came in contact with them in the first place - were they strangers? Acquaintances? Was it a grooming situation? Knowing more about how he was doing this may indicate whether it fits what's known about Evansdale.
Yes, and hopefully we'll hear more. I'm not sure, but it sounds to me like those 200+ charges are in Wisconsin, with charges coming later out of Iowa, at least.

According to his public FB profile, he used to be part owner of a bar / pub.

Usually none of it is planned, that's where it gets interesting with child abduction murders

Years ago when I was a paramedic, i worked at a large metropolitan children's hospital, the first thing we were taught and any pediatric nurse or doctor will tell you this, "Kids aren't just small adults they are completely different".

The same thing applies to those who prey on kids, even in offenders who switch from adults or children or vice versa, their MO doesn't usually change that much depending on the victim preference. Therefore you cant really compare child killers, to adult killers, even in cases, where they have killed both the psychological signature will be consistent throughout their crimes .

Israel Keys was a bit of an enigma, but he was also more of an impulsive sociopath, like most sociopaths, he dabbled in all types of crime, he took a great deal of care not to be detected, but in the end he was caught.

In sexual child murders where the victim is abducted,

The Offender, is usually there in the area because he lives or works nearby, IE they belong there , in some cases, its a route they take regularly etc..

They are most often sexual deviants, with a record, who come upon their victims by chance, most victims are usually on their way to or on their way home from school.

The sole factor they tend to pick a victim is because there is no adult present, the presence of another child wont usually deter them, as a matter of fact the second child may become a victim themselves. As we've sen here and in Delphi.

Now that doesn't mean there aren't offenders out there looking for a victim, there are , and some may actually set out to go abduct a victim, but that type is extremely rare, and almost always already serial offender, as in the case of Duncan (now dying of brain cancer thankfully)

In most cases, they aren't usually out on the hunt actively for victims, they are basically rapists/killers in waiting if you will, and if their planets align, they grab the victim.

For this individual to approach 2 kids in broad daylight , and abduct them both tells me hes not really concerned about being seen, probably because its not uncommon he is .

Often pathetic oddballs, they don't have a large friends circle, and usually live with their parents. Some may be married but its not usually withing the normal parameters of a "healthy " union if you will.

I explain it to my students like this, this isn't an active predator , its an ambush predator, Its not like a lion on the prowl for prey, but more like a Crocodile waiting for something unsuspecting.

The motive for their crimes is almost purely sexual, and unlike adult abduction killers, they usually don't have something that set them off prior to.

They are usually between 27-36 years of age, it'll change if they were in custody for a time, most have been at some point.

The victim is usually killed within 1-2 hours after they are abducted, which brings up a heart wrenching point , in most of these cases, the family isn't aware the child is even missing for usually 2-4 hours after they have been abducted... So in most cases, unless an abduction was witnessed, the child is already dead before they are even reported missing.

The murder usually takes place very close to where they are found, and the offender is usually very familiar with the body recovery site .

One factor about these guys, is they revisit, something like 85% of them revisit the bodies, and i feel confident saying that up UNTIL they were discovered, he went back to their bodies. SO ANYONE that was ever spotted in that area between the time they went missing to when they were found should be interviewed.
Thank you for sharing this very insightful info.

As time goes by, it’s remarkable to me that the case in Evansdale and the case in Delphi share one more thing in common. The perpetrators have not been caught. It seems hard to believe that there could be TWO separate perpetrators who both got away with the same type of horrific crime. No one in their social circles seems to suspect or if they do, they have not come forward.

As time goes by, it’s remarkable to me that the case in Evansdale and the case in Delphi share one more thing in common. The perpetrators have not been caught. It seems hard to believe that there could be TWO separate perpetrators who both got away with the same type of horrific crime. No one in their social circles seems to suspect or if they do, they have not come forward.

There have been multiple victims abducted at once before , and not just children, its happened to adults as well.

Though its not as common, it does happen.

Delphi hasnt released much of anything on their case , so it would be speculative at best simply based on the fact there were 2 victims to say it was the same individual

They dont usually have large social circles either, but i have no doubt that SOMEONE out there either knows or strongly suspects one or both of these individuals , but hasnt come forward yet

id also be willing to bet theyve been interviewed by police already but theres a reason they havent picked up on them yet

I know that police often remind us that stranger abductions are incredibly rare. They base this logic on solved cases, which makes sense.

However, new DNA links are being made to cold cases through genealogical databases, and they're often implicating people who had very little connection with the victim and weren’t even on the investigative radar.

Maybe what we’re really finding out is that cases which involve offenders who are linked as family, friends, or someone who is more obviously connected to the victim, are more likely (I wont say easier) to be solved? Maybe what cold cases are really telling us is that it may be more likely that a stranger perpetrated the crime? Maybe it’s more common than we think.

I know that police often remind us that stranger abductions are incredibly rare. They base this logic on solved cases, which makes sense.

However, new DNA links are being made to cold cases through genealogical databases, and they're often implicating people who had very little connection with the victim and weren’t even on the investigative radar.

Maybe what we’re really finding out is that cases which involve offenders who are linked as family, friends, or someone who is more obviously connected to the victim, are more likely (I wont say easier) to be solved? Maybe what cold cases are really telling us is that it may be more likely that a stranger perpetrated the crime? Maybe it’s more common than we think.

Most missing children aren't the victims of abduction at all, they are usually runaways, the number of runaways is substantially higher in minority youths.

However in terms of abduction, Greater than 90% of abductions are by a family member or parent, (usually the non custodial parent). Mothers and females are responsible for roughly 60% of familial abductions.

Only about 1% (approx 100 per year) of those reported are actually abducted by a stranger, of those about 57% are recovered , 43% are not or the victim is deceased.

Of all abductions 99.8% are recovered alive

Stranger abductions have a higher incidence of murder, stranger abductions though rare, only exceed abductions by acquaintances, slightly 52% stranger/unknown to 48% acquaintance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper