IA IA - Jade Colvin, 14, Ames, 30 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All IMO: The facts of this case are unclear. She was only 15-years-old. Did he groom her? For what reason did her mom think she needed to be dropped off at this man's farm? Upon realizing she was missing, surely her family told LE she was last seen there? If not, why not? If so, what did LE do with that vital information back in 2017?
Same questions from me. They all assumed she was “just a runaway,” I find that incredibly sad.

Same questions from me. They all assumed she was “just a runaway,” I find that incredibly sad.
Even if she was “just a runaway,” this is not how the situation should be handled, IMO (not to imply you’re saying otherwise). Minors aren’t allowed to just go off by themselves and law enforcement should be interested in locating them regardless of if the child ran away.

In this case, if her phone records were looked at, investigators would have seen that Jade had some sort of secret “relationship” with this adult man, whatever that means. That should surely be cause for alarm. And of course despite her family reporting her missing in Des Moines, the Sheriff’s Department in the county she was last seen in apparently didn’t find out she was missing for 5 more years, in 2022.

Two obvious failures that shouldn’t happen even for intentional runaways.

''KWWL obtained physical copies of previous charges from James Bachmurski today from 2012, when he pleaded guilty to harassment, assault and child endangerment. In the criminal complaints from those charges, Bachmurski admits to physically harming his children repeatedly as a means of punishment, including at one point binding a teen to a metal chair and electrocuting him with a cattle energizer. Also in the complaints- his children state he would repeatedly threaten them with guns on the property- stating if he killed them 'no one would know.'

rbbm
''Authorities say Bachmurski had been in a relationship with Colvin via electronic messaging for about 20 days before she went to stay at his home. During an interview with law enforcement in 2023, officials said Bachmurski was shown an image of Colvin taken several days before her death and was asked if he remembered it. He allegedly responded, “I do. I’m not gonna lie, I do. As a matter of fact, I’ll guarantee you I’m getting myself in a lot of trouble. I want to tell you the truth.”

Law enforcement said numerous statements by Bachmurski and others implicated him in Colvin’s disappearance and death. That included his son Bryan, who told investigators he saw Colvin’s empty suitcase at his father’s farmhouse, where her bedroom was also empty.''

Updated Aug 16, 2024

of Disappearance​

Jade was reported missing by law enforcement from Des Moines, Iowa on June 10, 2016. The last time she had contact with her loved ones was nine months later, on March 30, 2017. They never heard from her again.

In August 2024, James David Bachmurski was charged with Jade's murder. Authorities stated that they had been messaging each other online and he arranged for her to come to his farm in Decorah, Iowa. Jade's phone didn't have service, so she used Bachmurski's phone to send text messages. His adult son, who at one point lived at the residence while Jade was there, noticed that after she had gone her suitcase was still there, empty.

Bachmurski told people that Jade had left his home after her last text and he did not know her whereabouts. Police, however, believe he killed her on the same day as her last text. He has been charged with second-degree murder and is in jail awaiting trial. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.

Bachmurski has a criminal record; he pleaded guilty to harassment, assault and child endangerment in 2012 and admitted he had abused his children, at one point tying a teenager to a chair and shocking them with a cattle prod, and that he had threatened his children's lives with guns. He faces up to 50 years in prison if convicted in Jade's death.

Jade has a history of running away. She has ties to the Iowa cities of Des Moines and Dubuque, and to Phoenix, Arizona, and she had lived in Texas prior to moving to Iowa. Foul play is suspected in her case due to the circumstances involved.

Nothing more about Jade, a tiny bit more info about the suspect:

Aug 13 '24 rbbm
1723895608334.png
''According to property records obtained by Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, Bachmurski previously owned more than 400 acres of land near his home and operated a corn maze.
He is currently being held at the Winneshiek County Jail without bond.''

''But nearly a year later, on March 23, 2017, she was reported missing to the Des Moines Police Department and added to the Missing Person Information Clearinghouse, a week before her last known communication. It's not clear why she was reported missing to a police department more than 200 miles away from Bachmurski’s farm or why the report was made before her last known contact.''

It says her mother drove her there, and the only reason I personally can think a mother would do this is so that she (the mother) would at least know where her daughter staying. Speculation only.

This leaves me wondering, how many hours was the drive? Why didn't her mother or any other relative see this situation as a crime and report it immediately? Why didn't anyone ever drive back over there to check on how she was doing there (if they didn't)?

I am sure her family has their own story to tell. It's just such an unusual and suspicious situation...

I was thinking this guy convinced her mother she would "get straightened out" by working on his farm, so that's why she took Jade there. Then Jade "runs away" like the problematic child she was... JMO

''KWWL obtained physical copies of previous charges from James Bachmurski today from 2012, when he pleaded guilty to harassment, assault and child endangerment. In the criminal complaints from those charges, Bachmurski admits to physically harming his children repeatedly as a means of punishment, including at one point binding a teen to a metal chair and electrocuting him with a cattle energizer. Also in the complaints- his children state he would repeatedly threaten them with guns on the property- stating if he killed them 'no one would know.'
Welp this makes it clear to me that they didn’t really look into Jade’s disappearance. Teenager is reported missing and the last place she was known to be living was with a non-familial felon who’d plead guilty to abusing his children in…creatively violent ways. And then a year later this felon who was the last person to see a missing child was found violating his probation by possessing a firearm.

And presumably none of those things were connected by law enforcement, otherwise they would have investigated him earlier. Either option is a failure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back