IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If neither Jodi or her friend knew the two men, why would they go the boat, dance, and allow themselves to be on video? Isn't it more likely that one of the women's friends introduced them to the two men? That would be more believable to me.

It’s actually fairly common when people are out on the lake partying. A lot of times boats tie up together and people jump from boat to boat.

I don’t think it had anything to do with Jodi disappearing.

jmo

If neither Jodi or her friend knew the two men, why would they go the boat, dance, and allow themselves to be on video? Isn't it more likely that one of the women's friends introduced them to the two men? That would be more believable to me.
Out on lakes in the summer it is pretty much anything goes. That's the culture. Sure there are older couples who buy a boat for sunset cruises.. but plenty buy boats to party.. plenty.

Following kn
Wouldn't she have appeared to be agitated on the call if she did have company? Also, I came across a suggestion with regards to the seat - perhaps she lifted it before vomiting from a hangover during the night?

Following on from the Oxygen programme which I thought was very well done overall. They did mention the toilet seat being up, and also that there were beer cans from a beer she didn't drink. Sort of implies male company? I wonder did they collect the beer cans and can they be DNA tested? If someone was there, it may explain why she overslept. But, if that companion was the perp, it seems odd that they would wait until she approached her car to do something? I'm not sure how these things fit together in the narrative.

Serial killer active in early 1990s just arrested. At the time, lived in Nashua, Iowa, located 35 miles southeast of Mason City. Charged with 3 murders, but seems likely there will be more. The guy would have been 33 y.o. when JH went missing. I wonder if he was known to frequent Mason City. Jodi's station - KIMT - would have been the CBS channel on TVs in Nashua. Prolly not linked to JH case - I think the guy, who was a long haul trucker, may have relocated to Springfield, Missouri by 1995 - but who knows...

IA - Clark Perry Baldwin -- Iowa trucker charged with 3 murders

And there's this: "Agents with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation have interviewed Baldwin about an Iowa case, but he hasn’t been charged in Iowa." But I believe this is probably in reference to Zywicki case, not JH.

Suspected cold-case killer Baldwin moved to Tennessee

Last edited:
Who is responsible for the disappearance and presumed murder of Jodi Huisentruit?
Incomplete list of potential suspects - feel free to add:

1) Dustin Honken, local drug king and mass murderer whom photos suggest had been socializing with JH
2) John Vansice, who stated he'd been with JH just hours before she disappeared. Were JV and DH acquainted?
3) Tony Jackson, the then Mason City resident who later went on a rape spree in Minneapolis
4) Stalker in the black truck
5) Stalker making the obscene calls JH had mentioned the day before she disappeared
6) Whoever may have killed JH's friend Billy Pruin
7) The Osage business exec from whom Jodi purchased the Mazda Miata she drove
8) The Maria Ohl craziness - one or more individuals associated with the MCPD
9) One of the two young men on the boat JH and AK had boarded in Coralville the weekend before the disappearance
10) The then city employee, Dirk Jablonski, arrested for stalking multiple women in Mason City
11) The driver of the white Ford Econoline van said to have been seen idling in lot before JH disappeared
12) The driver of the vehicle that Key Apts manager stated nearly struck her the morn of JH's disappearance
13) Some random obsessed KIMT viewer

What do you think?

Last edited:
Who is responsible for the disappearance and presumed murder of Jodi Huisentruit?

1) Dustin Honken, local drug king and mass murderer whom photos suggest had been socializing with JH
2) John Vansice, who stated he'd been with JH just hours before she disappeared. Were JV and DH acquainted?
3) Tony Jackson, the then Mason City resident who later went on a rape spree in Minneapolis
5) Stalker making the obscene calls JH had mentioned the day before she disappeared
9) One of the two young men on the boat JH and AK had boarded in Coralville the weekend before the disappearance
10) The then city employee, Dirk Jablonski, arrested for stalking multiple women in Mason City
11) The driver of the white Ford Econoline van said to have been seen idling in lot before JH disappeared
12) The driver of the vehicle that Key Apts manager stated nearly struck her the morn of JH's disappearance

What do you think?
You are right. There are plenty of suspects. How can they narrow it down? Does anyone still physically search for a body?

What do you think?

Great list. I’m stuck on JV and DH.

What do you think?
Regarding #7:

Forum • Find Jodi Huisentruit

What do you think?
Thinking that the person who made the obscene phone calls might be the same person who stalked Jodi, and ultimately abducted her.
And..
That person could also be, or was instructed by, any one of the above mentioned names.

Worst case scenario is that the perp is none of the names listed above.
Very handy list by the way, thanks itsrak!

Last edited:
That’s an odd deal for sure. I’m not exactly sure what went on there, but I do think there’s more to it than what’s been told.
It's interesting that Cedar River is mentioned here. Remember, a few months ago, someone wrote machine shed on a billboard. If we combine these 2 items, it would read Machine Shed Cedar River. Just a thought.

It's interesting that Cedar River is mentioned here. Remember, a few months ago, someone wrote machine shed on a billboard. If we combine these 2 items, it would read Machine Shed Cedar River. Just a thought.
The Cedar River runs across the street from JH’s apartment building. JL, (owner of the Mazda Miata) owned Fox River at the time.

The Cedar River runs across the street from JH’s apartment building. JL, (owner of the Mazda Miata) owned Fox River at the time.
Actually Tippy it is the Winnebago that runs past (not even across a street) the Key Apts, and it flows into the Shell Rock which in turn flows into the Cedar. It is part of the Cedar River watershed. The Key Apts property literally abuts the Winnebago, and Jodi's unit was no more than 100 feet from the river bank.

I wonder if JL wound up with the Miata - since if I understand correctly the title was in his name when Jodi disappeared - or if it went to Jodi's estate...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back