IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jodi's and Jackie Folkerts cases have some similarities the white truck and harassing phone calls
ETA- AtlantaSanta already posted links..

Brutal, difficult reading..!

I keep seeing the name Honkens, but no time to go down that rabbit hole yet. Any good links you recommend?
''Dustin Honken is up for execution for the murder of five people in the 1990s -- and supposedly knows who abducted the television news anchor back in June of 1995.

Steve Ridge is an investigative journalist who's dedicated the last 19 months looking into Jodi's case. Ridge says an accomplice of Honken's, Angela Johnson -- who is also serving time in prison for her part in the murders-- claims that Honken knows who abducted Jodi.''

''Dustin Honken is up for execution for the murder of five people in the 1990s -- and supposedly knows who abducted the television news anchor back in June of 1995.

Steve Ridge is an investigative journalist who's dedicated the last 19 months looking into Jodi's case. Ridge says an accomplice of Honken's, Angela Johnson -- who is also serving time in prison for her part in the murders-- claims that Honken knows who abducted Jodi.''

Thank you!! I will enjoy these this weekend and get back here with some thoughts. WOW!! Would be great to see closure for the family.

Re post 2015
1661995332796.png
''WCCO-TV reporter Caroline Lowe and retired Woodbury Police Cmdr Jay Alberio want serial rapist Tony Dejuan Jackson investigated as a person of interest in Huisentruit's abduction, since he has a pattern of violence towards women and was living just two blocks from KIMT at the time.

Jackson, who was then 21, is currently serving a life sentence at a prison in Rush City, Minnesota, for raping three women in 1997 and denies the claims, saying he never met Huisentruit or seen her in public.''

But a former friend is now coming forward to fact check Jackson's story.

The source, who wanted to remain anonymous, told Minneapolis news station KMSP that just before Huisentruit's abduction, he became friends with Jackson since their girlfriends at the time were close.

He says that after playing basketball one day, Jackson asked him out to happy hour drinks, to a bar where he knew Huisentruit was a regular.

'I always wondered, how would he even know that?' the source said.

But the man went along for drinks anyway, walking a few blocks to a bar called the South Bridge Lounge, which has now gone out of business.

Entering through the back door, the source says they walked in and saw Huisentruit sitting at the bar. ''

''Mason City police say that no link has ever been found between Jackson and Huisentruit.''
View attachment 363063

<modsnip>
Honken is a bad guy, no doubt, but there is no evidence connecting him to Jodi's abduction.

There is some circumstantial evidence point to Tony DeJuan Jackson. I can't say for certain that he's the perp., but he's a better suspect that Honken, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
VIDEO with Jackson @ link.
January 28, 2022
''For over two decades, he has steadfastly denied any connection to Huisentruit and her disappearance.

"All that I can tell you about Jodi Huisentruit is that she has become a central part of my life since I've been incarcerated," Jackson told "20/20" in a 2021 interview from the Minnesota Correctional Facility in Stillwater. "It's been something that I've been, for many years, hoping will be resolved so that that stigma can be taken away from me so that I can rest."

According to a local news report, a jail informant named Dennis Goff said he had briefly served time with Jackson while Jackson was awaiting trial for the 1997 rapes. Goff claimed he gained Jackson's confidence and that Jackson told him he had murdered an anchor woman and also allegedly recited a rap with lyrics that might lead to where Huisentruit's body might be found.''

''The lyrics allegedly suggested that Huisentruit's body was in Tiffin, Iowa, which is about a two and a half hour drive from Mason City.

It was uncovered that Jackson had bought a car the day before Huisentruit went missing, but Jackson has repeatedly denied all allegations surrounding his alleged conversation with Goff and the rap lyrics.''
PHOTO: Tony Dejuan Jackson pictured in 2021, he has served 23 years of a life sentence.

Let's not forget the federal court for the northern district of Iowa, in cedar rapids has a sealed warrant in the JH case. JV is somehow involved or implicated in that warrant. IMO that would mean that they have a suspect but not enough evidence to convict. It is said that JV has dementia so I'm not sure how that will all play out. jmo

The sealed search warrant connected to JH’s case has been sealed for another year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28
Back