IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was a search of JVs boat ever done?
Also, this white van..who reported seeing that..a neighbor?
rbbm
'On July 1, 1995, a few days after Jodi Huisentruit vanished, Mason City police held a press conference announcing they were looking for a mid-1980s white Ford Econoline van [similar to the vehicle seen in this photo] that a passerby reported seeing in Jodi's parking lot that morning '
1724774010224.png

I know that JV is a popular suspect here, but I’m wondering about suspects besides him; specifically, I’m curious about “the jogger’s story” which is catalogued in Beth Bednar’s book about the case, Dead Air. If acceptable, I would be happy to upload screenshots of this section for others to read. If her story is to be believed, and relevant, someone was practicing abductions on women similar to Jodi in appearance in the immediate area of her apartment. Is it possible that her abduction is both unrelated to her personal and professional relationships? Did her abductor(s) stumble on to a local personality by coincidence alone? In light of the length of time that has gone on with no new clues or information, is it possible she was a victim of an unknown predator who was targeting women who looked like her, and not her specifically? Just some food for thought. At this point, all possibilities should be followed up and acted upon.

This is my first post here. I am the daughter of the former police chief, who's wife (my mother), sent in the diary of Jodi to the Globe Gazette way back. I remember tid bits of something going on around that time. I didn't realize until my dad told me about what my mother did (when I was around 24 years old in 2015 I asked about details). Just to clear things up- us kids did not see the diary. When I asked my mom about it, she got incredibly angry and upset and I never pressed the issue again. I saw someone asking if we saw it on the original thread and I wanted to clear that up. We were all too young at the time to know that even happened. I can verify who I am, but I will not do so publicly.

Last edited:
This is my first post here. I am the daughter of the former police chief, who's wife (my mother), sent in the diary of Jodi to the Globe Gazette way back. I remember tid bits of something going on around that time. I didn't realize until my dad told me about what my mother did (when I was around 24 years old in 2015 I asked about details). Just to clear things up- us kids did not see the diary. When I asked my mom about it, she got incredibly angry and upset and I never pressed the issue again. I saw someone asking if we saw it on the original thread and I wanted to clear that up. We were all too young at the time to know that even happened. I can verify who I am, but I will not do so publicly.
Welcome to Websleuths!!

I wish there was a new effort made toward solving Jodi’s case. Follow the suspects you find most worthy of pursuing; but also follow up on other leads you might not have considered in the past. Every strand should be followed. We need someone to devoted to following every lead, big or small. Talk to everyone who was around her place before she was abducted and after. Speak to anyone around her complex. Don’t just focus on obvious suspects. Dig in. Someone knows something. I don’t believe Jodi can’t be found. I don’t believe she is simply a cold case. We can find her. We can bring her justice. We need someone who will devote themselves to this case, as it should be.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565
Back