IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason City PD has demonstrated a long history of strange behavior re this case. See link below -
Fired officer, Mason City, settle federal lawsuit for $95,000

A long history. This one too.....

The wife of a former Mason City Police Chief David Ellingson, sent a copy of JH's journal to the Globe Gazette. Apparently he inadvertently took a copy of the journal when he was clearing out his office after he resigned from the department in 2006.

Police say former chief’s wife sent Jodi’s journal

The wife of a former Mason City Police Chief David Ellingson, sent a copy of JH's journal to the Globe Gazette. Apparently he inadvertently took a copy of the journal when he was clearing out his office after he resigned from the department in 2006.

That is weird. Did she read it and think it could help solve the case or that the police were ignoring things in the journal? She wasn't selling it. Has her family seen the journal. It seems like a place that could offer clues.

There are a few things about this case that pop out at me. One of them was on the 48 hours show. When they video taped being in Jodi's apartment , her bed was made. So, she was late for work that morning but had time to make her bed? Now, they did point out that other people had been in the apartment, as if to say they might have made the bed. I doubt family would touch a crime scene and if they did, there were certainly other things they could have straightened up rather than make the bed. Did all that seem odd to anyone ?

There are a few things about this case that pop out at me. One of them was on the 48 hours show. When they video taped being in Jodi's apartment , her bed was made. So, she was late for work that morning but had time to make her bed? Now, they did point out that other people had been in the apartment, as if to say they might have made the bed. I doubt family would touch a crime scene and if they did, there were certainly other things they could have straightened up rather than make the bed. Did all that seem odd to anyone ?

I thought that was a police video at first but supposedly it was taken when the apt was released to her parents. There is stuff in the sink, work papers on the table with a soda can, messages on the machine, it didn't seem like the video was months old. IDK.
The bed is made. I have to have my feet free when I sleep and I don't really understand why people make beds lol. My son you just straighten the sheets and comforter put pillows in place and it takes a minute. Some people are weird about having their bed's made. By weird I mean they do it. lol. She could have slept on the couch after coming home. It looked like there were books or thing on the coffee table. Her closet looked like it had been used. If the apartment was processed would they have taken blankets to test for DNA and replaced them so it looked normal and didn't give hints of who or what they were searching for.

Mason City PD seems to "churn the file" and make it look like they are working on it while they run out the clock. There is something they don't want people to know about this - particularly with Maria Ohl's case and the $95,000 settlement - why settle when you've met your deductible unless they didn't want something released or the insurance company forced them to settle? Caroline Lowe wrote a great article several months ago called: https://www.findjodi.com/jodi-huisentruit-suspects-none-of-the-above/

An explanation for Ellingson’s actions may be found in a blistering 2016 opinion article written by retiring Iowa state politician John Kooiker. In the article, Kooiker accuses Mason City Police of mishandling the case, ignoring then concealing possible leads, and having a “dubious lack of interest in following up on leads that could shed the light of day on Jodi Huisentruit’s disappearance”.

He is more blunt in his summary. “Generally, I would not describe myself as a person who is untrusting, but I have this gut feeling that something is being covered up in Mason City,” Kooiker wrote.

“As in so many cold cases, eventually the case fades into oblivion for the public, which is what the Mason City Police Department seems to be hoping for again.”

Source: What happened to missing newsreader Jodi Huisentruit? November 11, 2018 Australia News (news.com.au)

Mason City mayor says former officer's claims about Huisentruit case are baseless - Radio Iowa So, while Officer Maria Ohl may have made an error in accusing officers of being involved in the case, she is not alone in her belief that leads are being mishandled. This former Mayor Eric Bookmeyer is known for being unwilling to consider other points of view, and he stands accused of driving a City Councilman to suicide in 2016: Basu: Did city councilman's opposition to a pork plant lead to suicide?

Yeah, I think that is DH. Right age group, same uncommon glasses, hair color, body frame, etc.
Here is another photo, from findjodi.com, of Jodi with the same guy...
https://www.findjodi.com/we-want-your-images-of-jodi-and-friends/

Jodi is said to have relocated to Mason City to join KIMT in November of 1993. So these two group photos would have to date to Nov. '93 to Apr. '95 time frame for it to be Honken. If that is Honken, you'd be looking at pic of a guy who'd already killed 5 people (in July and Nov. '93) but not yet been arrested, and a pic of a gal soon to be abducted and likely murdered...

Last edited:
For ease of comparison:
edbf1628-25df-4765-8585-655526ebfdd3-jpeg.205634

jodi-friends-pizza-620x375-jpg.205688

jodi-friends-pizza-620x375-jpg.205687

honken-002.jpg

honken-001.jpg

Attachments

• jodi-friends-pizza-620x375.jpg
    jodi-friends-pizza-620x375.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
Sure looks similar to the group pic as several have pointed out. The only difference I notice is that the hair in the solo pics & pizza pic is parted on the right & in the beer pic his hair is parted on the left. Usually people stick with one particular side. Not always though. And beer pic could have been posted in reverse image. I wish we had a facial recognition app for comparison!

Sure looks similar to the group pic as several have pointed out. The only difference I notice is that the hair in the solo pics & pizza pic is parted on the right & in the beer pic his hair is parted on the left. Usually people stick with one particular side. Not always though. And beer pic could have been posted in reverse image. I wish we had a facial recognition app for comparison!

Where did this picture come from? this could be an extraordinary discovery. Perhaps someone should reach out to the people at www.findjodi.com and ask them. They have been working on this case a lot time.

Based on these images, unless there was in Jodi's life a dead-ringer for DH (what are the chances?), it would seem that she'd been socializing with a guy who at the time was a not-yet convicted cold blooded killer.

Based on these images, unless there was in Jodi's life a dead-ringer for DH (what are the chances?), it would seem that she'd been socializing with a guy who at the time was a not-yet convicted cold blooded killer.
Do we know when the pics were taken? For all we know he could've gathered ‘round for pizza/beer hours after he killed the first 4 known victims, or hours after the last guy. He looks like a classic midwest farm boy. I would have never suspected him in a crowd of German/Swedish/ Norwegian descended farmers.

Do we know when the pics were taken? For all we know he could've gathered ‘round for pizza/beer hours after he killed the first 4 known victims, or hours after the last guy. He looks like a classic midwest farm boy. I would have never suspected him in a crowd of German/Swedish/ Norwegian descended farmers.
I believe Jodi moved to Mason City in Nov. 1993, so the pics (if that is DH in them) would have to have been taken from late Nov. 1993 to Apr. 1995, which would be after DH had killed his last known victims. In other words, if that is DH in the two group photos with Jodi, he'd already killed...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member