IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read in the first link that she stated there were as many as 6 people involved????

http://www.globegazette.com/articles/2006/12/04/local/doc4573b522b3dd0858565214.txt

Officers are evaluating the information provided by the woman Friday evening and will follow up on any leads that can substantiate what she said, according to a press release from the Mason City Police Department.

In a report broadcast Sunday on KMSP, a Twin Cities TV station, the woman claimed Huisentruit was kidnapped and taken to a barn northwest of Mason City where she was tortured and killed.

It's been too long... I really hope this witness is not an attention seeker and actually does have information to lead to Jodi.
Her family deserves answers.

Why would anyone seek to harm this woman? Had she done a story about a drug culture?

Trino said:
Why would anyone seek to harm this woman? Had she done a story about a drug culture?
Obsessed fan maybe? i don't know. Remember the show "My Sister Sam" I don't remember the actresses name ( Rebecca Schaffer?)but she was murdred by her stalker. He came to visit her and she was short with him and he shot her.

at least she didn't stay silent forever. We can thinkbad of her if we like, but if I was still in the area and knew who the men were I am not sure I would have talked to anyone either. She just now is probably starting to feel safe enough 2 talk.

(don't post much but read EVERYTHING)

I wondered if she may have had a baby.

Having (and thus worrying for) a baby daughter may have brought this to the surface........

Just a thought.

2sisters said:
Obsessed fan maybe? i don't know. Remember the show "My Sister Sam" I don't remember the actresses name ( Rebecca Schaffer?)but she was murdred by her stalker. He came to visit her and she was short with him and he shot her.

Yes, that was Rebecca Schaeffer. Obsessed fan is a good thought but 6 guys? I'm thinking there was a beef with her of some kind.

fifi said:
(don't post much but read EVERYTHING)

I wondered if she may have had a baby. Having (and thus worrying for) a baby daughter may have brought this to the surface........ Just a thought.

The news article said that Cindy, the informant, did indeed have a daughter, which is a reason she came forward.

2sisters said:
I remember that, so sad. I used to watch that show all the time. Marcia Clark was her families attorney.

So, is this witness credible?

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfo...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Huisnetruit’s sister does not believe the story of the witness, saying that if six people were involved, one would have talked about the incident in the past 11 years and police would have found out about it. She even compares the witness to John Mark Karr’s confession to the murder of JonBenet Ramsey earlier this year.

The witness has said she will take polygraph test, but investigators have not yet decided if they will give one.

Other people who grew up with Huisentruit in Long Prairie are treating the claims of the witness with skepticism -- especially her former golf coach. For six years, John Stefanich coached Huisentruit, winning the state golf championship in 1985 and 1986.

I'm really skeptical about the reliability of this witness. You know the old adage "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." I find it nearly impossible to believe that six men were involved in a murder together and not one of them has said anything to anyone who would tell?

If these six men went on to further criminal acts (which I would not doubt, if the witness was telling the truth) you would think there would be a situation where at least once could have used the information to get out of some other criminal charge. You know, something like "Hey, I didn't have anything to do with the murder, but I was there."

Weird.

HesterMofet said:
I'm really skeptical about the reliability of this witness. You know the old adage "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." I find it nearly impossible to believe that six men were involved in a murder together and not one of them has said anything to anyone who would tell?

If these six men went on to further criminal acts (which I would not doubt, if the witness was telling the truth) you would think there would be a situation where at least once could have used the information to get out of some other criminal charge. You know, something like "Hey, I didn't have anything to do with the murder, but I was there."

Weird.

Keep in mind the Kiplyn Davis case. It took ELEVEN years but FINALLY they have someone about to go on trial...and this whole time, they say many people knew who was involved but were just too scared to tell. It happens.

I hope that Jodi's murder will be solved. I have been following her case for a long time and it's one that I find very haunting. I've always identified strongly with her so I take this case personally. I listened to the Cindy video and read the articles describing her story. I thought she sounded truthful and the story seemed plausible to me. I would like to think that it's a break in the case but at the same time it sounds like such a horrific death that I hope it isn't true.

Rest in peace, Jodi.

Just read on http://www.findjodi.com that the witness has recanted. I feel for Jodi's loved ones. Sounds like we have another John Mark Karr on our hands. I was afraid it would turn out like this. I hope someday we find out the truth about what happened to Jodi.

joellegirl said:
Just read on http://www.findjodi.com that the witness has recanted. I feel for Jodi's loved ones. Sounds like we have another John Mark Karr on our hands. I was afraid it would turn out like this. I hope someday we find out the truth about what happened to Jodi.
Oh no! I was really hoping her family could finally get some answers.

Oh, mercy. Why do people *DO* this to these families??
furious.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member