IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s stated in the book, “Dead Air’.

Yes some things made the book and I have some of the same detailed info from the sources she used for the book. There is also a ton of information that has never been released to the public and a few other possible suspects that have never made the headlines as well. I’m planning on releasing some things that I can while following the rules so it’s much easier when it comes to named persons of interest.

Yes some things made the book and I have some of the same detailed info from the sources she used for the book. There is also a ton of information that has never been released to the public and a few other possible suspects that have never made the headlines as well. I’m planning on releasing some things that I can while following the rules so it’s much easier when it comes to named persons of interest.
If you’re a reporter or have a personal connection to the case, you can apoly to become a verified insider. That would give you much more leeway in what you can post/discuss.

If you’re a reporter or have a personal connection to the case, you can apoly to become a verified insider. That would give you much more leeway in what you can post/discuss.

Oh no I’m not a reporter or an insider. I’m just a simple guy that can’t stand people disappearing or being murdered without a resolution. I grew up in North Iowa very close to Mason City. I’ve always been interested in Jodi’s case and also Jacob Wetterling which was thankfully solved but very heart breaking. I contacted Feldhaus about Jodi’s case early on about many local rumors that were common knowledge and after awhile he started sharing everything he knew with me and it grew from there.

Oh no I’m not a reporter or an insider. I’m just a simple guy that can’t stand people disappearing or being murdered without a resolution. I grew up in North Iowa very close to Mason City. I’ve always been interested in Jodi’s case and also Jacob Wetterling which was thankfully solved but very heart breaking. I contacted Feldhaus about Jodi’s case early on about many local rumors that were common knowledge and after awhile he started sharing everything he knew with me and it grew from there.
That’s cool! I’m sure the family appreciates your dedication to the case!

Well I'll tell you one thing, Wisdom. A recent post of yours compelled me to obtain a copy of Beth Bednar's Dead Air today, and am just finishing it now, and boy, was that eye-opening! Lots of info I was not aware of. The more I learn about this case, the more things tend to point at one guy. A guy poor young Jodi made a bad mistake mixing with.

My understanding is the JV cooperated with LE, was interviewed by them at least twice, agreed to take a lie-detector test at police request (results 'inconclusive' per book Dead Air). He even voluntarily appeared at the crime scene and spoke to police the morning Jodi disappeared! He met with Jodi's sister. He attended an event held at a local church for Jodi. He spoke on camera to 48 Hours crew just days after Jodi disappeared. So, quite cooperative.

And if I understand correctly, JV never 'lawyered up'. Can anyone tell me, did JV ever 'lawyer up'?

Wisdom, you are very knowledgeable about this case. Did you catch this astonishing statement, from page 18 of Dead Air: ..."One of Jodi's neighbors reported that it was not uncommon to see Vansice sitting in his car in the parking lot outside Jodi's apartment building in the middle of the night"....

Wisdom, you are very knowledgeable about this case. Did you catch this astonishing statement, from page 18 of Dead Air: ..."One of Jodi's neighbors reported that it was not uncommon to see Vansice sitting in his car in the parking lot outside Jodi's apartment building in the middle of the night"....

Yes he was spotted in the lot at various times by several people. I believe the book also mentioned a witness that spotted a van in the lot with two guys in it <modsnip - insensitive>. Let’s just say it’s very possible one of those guys in that van was related to a KIMT employee at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is the JV cooperated with LE, was interviewed by them at least twice, agreed to take a lie-detector test at police request (results 'inconclusive' per book Dead Air). He even voluntarily appeared at the crime scene and spoke to police the morning Jodi disappeared! He met with Jodi's sister. He attended an event held at a local church for Jodi. He spoke on camera to 48 Hours crew just days after Jodi disappeared. So, quite cooperative.

And if I understand correctly, JV never 'lawyered up'. Can anyone tell me, did JV ever 'lawyer up'?

Not sure on the lawyer. On Wednesday June 28th while having breakfast with Jodi’s sister and others it was mentioned that Jodi’s father died of cancer when she was 13. Vansice suddenly became angry and exclaimed, “Jodi never told me her father had died of cancer”.

Last edited:
Yes he was spotted in the lot at various times by several people. I believe the book also mentioned a witness that spotted a van in the lot with two guys in it <modsnip> Let’s just say it’s very possible one of those guys in that van was related to a KIMT employee at the time.
And I suppose the folks who say they spotted Vansice in his vehicle in the Key Apts. lot in the wee hours on multiple occasions before JH went missing were able to identify who it was sitting in the vehicle because Vansice had previously been a fellow tenant in the Key Apts....

So JH was attacked and tossed into a vehicle in the wee hours in the Key Apts. lot, and it turns out Vansice (who based on warrants obtained in 2017 for vehicles remains a POI), had been spotted on multiple occasions waiting in a vehicle in the wee hours in the same lot. And JH when attacked was heard to scream what sounded like the name 'John'. Wow.

Yes he was spotted in the lot at various times by several people. I believe the book also mentioned a witness that spotted a van in the lot with two guys in it <modsnip> Let’s just say it’s very possible one of those guys in that van was related to a KIMT employee at the time.
Wow. This case is crazy.

Info below is from a timeline that Feldhaus did an excellent job putting together on Vansice. I’m able to share a few minor things but there are some that he made me promise not too as well which I have to keep.
—————————————————————————————
DATE: February 1996
EVENT: John VanSice demonstrates how he strangled Jodi

While drinking in a Clear Lake bar VanSice approaches a young woman from behind, places his hands around her neck as if to strangle her and says, "that's how I did Jodi". He then laughs.
———————————————————————-
DATE: Late Spring 1996
EVENT: VanSice's again incriminates himself

While drinking in a Mason City bar VanSice remarks, "we won't have trouble with Jodi this Summer".

Various sources yes...but nothing linkable. All 100% facts. Years before Jim Feldhaus passed I spent a lot of time brainstorming and working with him on this case.
You have mentioned things that I have not heard mentioned previously. Where would you look for a body? Do you think this case could, in any way be linked to the Springfield 3 since that freeway is in a straight line from the two cities? Also the first case was very close to the birthrate of Jodi.

sorry I don't know how to multi quote then reply.

Top part is comment by Wisdom, referring to witness account in Dead Air
bottom part is comment/reaction to Wisdom by itsrak

"Yes he was spotted in the lot at various times by several people. I believe the book also mentioned a witness that spotted a van in the lot with two guys in it <modsnip>. Let’s just say it’s very possible one of those guys in that van was related to a KIMT employee at the time."

"Wow. This case is crazy."

JV statement....he tells a much different story in this exclusive.

https://www.findjodi.com/exclusive-john-vansice-speaks/
Today, I am here to tell you that John Vansice has told me emphatically and repeatedly as recently as this morning that he had absolutely no involvement what so ever in the apparent abduction of his friend, Jodi Huisentruit, in June of 1995. Further, John Vansice tells me that he will not have further comment to the media until Jodi’s abductor is arrested and charged. Mr. Vansice says that the statement I am sharing with you today is a one-time only exception.

JV statement....he tells a much different story in this exclusive.

https://www.findjodi.com/exclusive-john-vansice-speaks/
Today, I am here to tell you that John Vansice has told me emphatically and repeatedly as recently as this morning that he had absolutely no involvement what so ever in the apparent abduction of his friend, Jodi Huisentruit, in June of 1995. Further, John Vansice tells me that he will not have further comment to the media until Jodi’s abductor is arrested and charged. Mr. Vansice says that the statement I am sharing with you today is a one-time only exception.
There are some things there I am either hearing for the first time or contradicting what the media has reported before. For example, the statement - that I know I've seen in media reports - that he named his boat after Jodi. How EASY would it be to go down to the dock and look at the boat? How did that go wrong? He says he had a steady girlfriend at the time. OK, I know that doesn't mean he is innocent, but by not reporting this - if it is true - the impression was that Jodi was the primary woman in his life. And the LE in AZ - again, if it is true - performing multiple stops on JV. If he is guilty of what happened to Jodi, he deserves every bit of this and more. But what if he is innocent?

There are some things there I am either hearing for the first time or contradicting what the media has reported before. For example, the statement - that I know I've seen in media reports - that he named his boat after Jodi. How EASY would it be to go down to the dock and look at the boat? How did that go wrong? He says he had a steady girlfriend at the time. OK, I know that doesn't mean he is innocent, but by not reporting this - if it is true - the impression was that Jodi was the primary woman in his life. And the LE in AZ - again, if it is true - performing multiple stops on JV. If he is guilty of what happened to Jodi, he deserves every bit of this and more. But what if he is innocent?

I haven’t heard some of what he is saying before either. Everyone close to the case has said he named his boat after Jodi and not one single person has said JV had a girlfriend. If he was so concerned about finding Jodi why wouldn’t he correct the bad info being reported. I’m not picking up what JV is laying down.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member