IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Media consultant sits down with person of interest in news anchor cold case
April 8 2019
"He's never been named a suspect but recently he opened up to a man named Steve Ridge. Ridge works for a consulting company called Magid, of which Arizona's Family is a client. Magid also worked with Huisentruit in Iowa before her disappearance."

"John Vansice, a close friend of Huisentruit's, told police he was the last person to see her before she went missing. Ridge tells us he's the only person with whom Vancise has sat down and opened up to in the decades since Huisentuit's disappearance."

"Vancise told Ridge he was driven out of town and lost his friends, business and dignity, and moved to Arizona to get away from it all. He also said he emphatically denied any involvement in Huisentruit's disappearance."

"Ridge said he's been approached to do documentaries and participate in magazine shows across the country, but he has no intention of coming out from behind the scenes.

But he said he does believe this case will get solved."

"I personally know of at least five other people I would consider persons of interest, I don't know if police have worked on them," Ridge said."
rbbm.

snipped by me...
"I personally know of at least five other people I would consider persons of interest, I don't know if police have worked on them," Ridge said."
rbbm.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he has shared with Police the names of the 5 people he is referencing and his reason(s) for his suspicions? I would think if he has legitimate suspects and reasons for suspecting them, LE would be interested. His failure to do so wouldn't cast him in a very positive light. (IMHO).

I haven’t heard some of what he is saying before either. Everyone close to the case has said he named his boat after Jodi and not one single person has said JV had a girlfriend. If he was so concerned about finding Jodi why wouldn’t he correct the bad info being reported. I’m not picking up what JV is laying down.
jmo
I had to go back to this news program on Jodi's disappearance. JV in his own words says he 'named' the boat after her. Of course, we are still dealing with what he claims in 'named'.
Jodi Huisentruit mystery: The decades-long search for the missing TV news anchor
Again, I also come back to Jackson as a possible suspect and the police chief will neither confirm nor deny that aspect of the case. There is also the owner of the Miata that Jodi drove. This program teases us with it but doesn't do as much follow-up - at least that they show on the broadcast - with that individual or his family. Yet they leave in the segment where they barge in seemingly unannounced at JV's house in the dark. Why not show us where questioned the ownership of the Miata? Some interesting details here, but sometimes I wonder how much is only for entertainment value.
Then again, there was a grand jury. Why? What did LE think they had? I've heard the saying by attorney's that 'you can obtain an indictment on a ham sandwich' in a grand jury due to the low level of evidence required. I don't rule him out, but I'm not ready to place all my theories in his direction.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard some of what he is saying before either. Everyone close to the case has said he named his boat after Jodi and not one single person has said JV had a girlfriend. If he was so concerned about finding Jodi why wouldn’t he correct the bad info being reported. I’m not picking up what JV is laying down.
jmo

JV’s girlfriend was the friend he was supposed to meet for jogging that morning and was on the ABC news special. It was probably smart they kept the relationship out of public view for the most part considering she was married at the time.

sorry I don't know how to multi quote then reply.

Top part is comment by Wisdom, referring to witness account in Dead Air
bottom part is comment/reaction to Wisdom by itsrak

"Yes he was spotted in the lot at various times by several people. I believe the book also mentioned a witness that spotted a van in the lot with two guys in it and one of them was a colored person. Let’s just say it’s very possible one of those guys in that van was related to a KIMT employee at the time."

"Wow. This case is crazy."

Just to clarify a witness did observe a van in the lot which was in the book. I might have added additional details from some research that was done. Sorry I haven’t been checking in recently....currently in busy season at work. Keep up the good sleuthing everyone.

Was it ever said how often Jodi would be late for work? If it was rare, like I'm assuming, are there any theories as to how her oversleeping ties in with her disappearance?

Was it ever said how often Jodi would be late for work? If it was rare, like I'm assuming, are there any theories as to how her oversleeping ties in with her disappearance?

From the way her coworker spoke about it, it sounded as if it was not unusual for her to have to give Jodi a wake up call to get her going if she was running late.

From the way her coworker spoke about it, it sounded as if it was not unusual for her to have to give Jodi a wake up call to get her going if she was running late.
Yes, it seems the oversleeping was not unusual. But I can't help but wonder whether Jodi had company that evening, based on the tardiness and empty beer cans on the counter. I could see where that might directly tie in to her disappearance, such as if there was a controlling/possessive nut-job observing her from the parking lot for her that morn, fragile ego crushed having witnessed a man apparently exit her apartment, livid that she'd (hypothetically) had company that eve/morn....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member