IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, West Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let me use an analogy to better explain my take on this:

Let's say that the story was not that Johnny was taken by a pedo ring, but was abducted by a UFO (something that most people would also consider a ridiculous premise). If I heard that Johnny was missing, then I might conclude that is it most likely that he was taken and killed by a pedo. But, what if Paul Bonacci claimed that he was taken by a UFO earlier and said that he was on the UFO and saw Johnny taken by the aliens? And that Noreen claims that Johnny appeared at her doorstep and explained that he had been abducted by a UFO? And Jimmy Gibson says that he was abducted by the same UFO and that he knows that Johnny was also? And bwit posts that he also knows Johnny and knows that the UFO story is true?

Even though I consider the UFO story implausible, I would have to conclude that story is still possible based on the sheer number of witnesses testifying that the story is true. The original idea of a lone predator still makes the most "sense", but with so many witnessing something else, I could not dismiss the UFO possibility outright, no matter how wild it may seem.

Is this case related to Jacob Wetterlings?

I personally have always felt it was a cop in the West De Moins Police department. The one place where No one was looking!

Just my opinion, but its what I have always felt.

I'm going to quote you on this because so many "thanked" this. Why do you think this (You can't even spell Des Moines right)?

Can someone recap the past discussions on this thread? I must have missed out on a lot!

I have a question for whomever is familiar with the Franklin scandal. Did Paul Bonacci,Alisha Owens and Troy Boner know each other? I haven't really looked into the Franklin scandal too much because of what it involves and I'm afraid of researching it online because it's very disturbing. I think in the past I never believed in the Franklin Scandal but since Sandusky's guilty verdict, I do think the Franklin scandal happened but not with Johnny. I think Johnny's abductor(s) could have been a local pervert who had been watching not only him but several others in the neighborhood and saw the opportunity to strike when he was alone. I do strongly believe that Johnny's case is related to the other boys that have gone missing in Des Moines.

I have a question for whomever is familiar with the Franklin scandal. Did Paul Bonacci,Alisha Owens and Troy Boner know each other? I haven't really looked into the Franklin scandal too much because of what it involves and I'm afraid of researching it online because it's very disturbing. I think in the past I never believed in the Franklin Scandal but since Sandusky's guilty verdict, I do think the Franklin scandal happened but not with Johnny. I think Johnny's abductor(s) could have been a local pervert who had been watching not only him but several others in the neighborhood and saw the opportunity to strike when he was alone. I do strongly believe that Johnny's case is related to the other boys that have gone missing in Des Moines.

Alisha and Troy definitely knew each other and ran in the same "circle." I believe Alisha also knew Paul, but I can't remember for sure if Paul and Troy were acquainted.

Thanks CCmakes3, this raises the question for me that was their story 'contrived' and 'collaborated' since they knew each other? I watched on youtube yesterday an interview with John De Camp, Paul B's.attorney in the Franklin scandal and he evens goes on a tangent about Oklahoma City and that could have been a conspiracy..yyyaaa, I kind of stopped watching after that. Now, I'm not saying what I believe, but the last thing I can stand is 'extreme' conspiracy theorists, and he seems like one of them. Back to Johnny, I really hope his family get's some closure.

From the reading and research I have done, I can not really connect Jacob Wetterling to the Iowa or Omaha groups. The only connection could be that the go between in Iowa, ? was likely in a high enough position of political or police power to have some power. It is very difficult to connect even this to JW, because the area from which Jacob was taken is very rural, and someone would have had to know his routine. Anything is possible however. If you google Omaha, Larry King (not THE Larry King), Michael aquino and the Bush whitehouse, you'll find a lot of connections. The bottom line here may be about drugs and control of people, to do their bidding. What is evident , are many of the people who knew about these connections were killed, including Troy Bonner, John DeCamp and smaller figures in the mess. I think floks need to make their own conclusions, after gathering as many facts as you can. If even half of the stuff in the Franklin Scandal book iss true, it's pretty scary.

Luckily none of it is true. The Franklin nonsense was a hoax cooked up by John DeCamp with Paul Bonaccio and Jimmy Gibson. The other players in it were either in it for the money, or have been genuinely taken in by these characters.

That these characters were willing to pervert a real case of a missing child for their own ends, even to the extent of driving such a wedge between Noreen Gosch and LE that she won't give them a DNA sample, is extremely disgusting. That its still being dragged up after being debunked time and time again is disturbing.

What is evident , are many of the people who knew about these connections were killed, including Troy Bonner, John DeCamp and smaller figures in the mess. I think floks need to make their own conclusions, after gathering as many facts as you can. If even half of the stuff in the Franklin Scandal book iss true, it's pretty scary.

I agree with you celticthyme, but I believe John DeCamp is still alive. Perhaps you are thinking of Gary Caridori, the private investigator who worked on the case, who died in a mysterious plane crash. I know a good friend of his who is firmly convinced that he was murdered.

Personally, I don't think it's my place to judge Noreen. I don't have to believe everything she says, but just because I don't, that doesn't give me some right to call her a quack or assume she's crazy.

In my experience, crazy is only what we don't understand. Once you fully understand it, it's not so crazy anymore.

a missing child not knowing what happened to them or where they are is enough to make someone go "crazy" jmo

Missing children advocates release photo of how '82 missing paperboy would look today

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has created a new photo of what missing paperboy Johnny Gosch would look like today at about age 40.

http://www.indystar.com/article/D2/20120824/NEWS01/120824009/Missing-children-advocates-release-photo-how-82-missing-paperboy-would-look-today?odyssey=nav|head

bilde

Picture of Gosch how he looked in 1982 and how he might look today. (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)

Summer Breeze, did you catch it? I missed it. Wondering if there was anything interesting...

Forgive me if this has been mentioned but what about Joseph Edward Duncan being a suspect. He would've been about 19 but who knows?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned but what about Joseph Edward Duncan being a suspect. He would've been about 19 but who knows?

Duncan would indeed make an excellent suspect, however he was in prison between 1980 and 1994.

bolded by meMy other theory would be a serial killer. I believe Marc Allen's disappearance in 1986 (?) could be connected to Johnny & Gene's abductor. I think there is even less known about Marc than Gene. So where did this mystery abductor/killer go after 1984 or 1986? Possibly incarcerated, deceased or moved out of state? I think it's worth looking around the country for any similar abuctions in the 80's. It's very frustrating trying to find information about missing teenagers as so many are believed to be runaways. Maybe most are, but that leaves a small number we just dont' know about.

Forgive me, but I haven't gone back over my previous research prior to making this post. However, there is at least one other case in Omaha, NE of a male child abduction from the parking lot of a bank. I'll try to find the information. LE received a description of the person of interest along with a description of his truck.

When reviewing this older case I hadn't seen the sketch or a photo of the truck's description, yet I thought I may have a tip. I grew up in Omaha. Upon viewing a copy of the person of interest's sketch, and truck I realized that my tip probably wasn't accurate.

The reason why I mention this is that I found out from other sources that the man that LE thought was responsible for this childs abduction died within a few years after this child's abduction. Also, that a theory was that this man was a local priest. This is not something that LE or the Omaha media released.

There is also a book, written as fiction, by a local writer that is based upon a priest who is a serial killer of children in Omaha. I came upon this book/writer a few years after I had researched the missing boy's case.

I'm still on the fence about the Franklin Scandal/Boy's Town Theory. Reality is certainly stranger than fiction IMO regarding the 60s, 70s, and 80s in Omaha, NE. It had it's share of race riots, KKK rallys, bombings, illegal activities involving Hells Angels, etc.

IMO some crimes that occur in Des Moines, IA are connected to the city of Omaha, NE. Growing up I spent time with family in many places between the two cities.

I'll look for this missing boy's case that I refer to incase others want to review it.

How about the young Airman that was stationed in Omaha, and committed a couple murders of young boys. He was caught, and executed. I'll find this info also, so it can be pondered. Yet, I'm thinking that he would have been the same age as these boys at the time. I'll research this.

How about the young Airman that was stationed in Omaha, and committed a couple murders of young boys. He was caught, and executed. I'll find this info also, so it can be pondered. Yet, I'm thinking that he would have been the same age as these boys at the time. I'll research this.

Joubert is another excellent suspect. The only thing I have against that theory is that Joubert was arrested in Jan 1984, and therefore can't be responsible for the disappearances of Eugene and Marc.

Obviously that doesn't clear him of taking Johnny Gosch, but personally I've always felt that the similarities between Johnny and Eugene's disappearances was too much for coincidence. Incidentally, Joubert was also a very small man and Johnny Gosch was big for his age, so I'm not sure Joubert would have been capable of over powering him without a struggle. I'd love to know if they questioned him about it before they executed him though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back