IA IA - Kimberly Doss, 16, Davenport, 27 Sept 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be nice to edit a photo of her with staight bleach blonde hair, and pass the image around in Hollywood, CA>

Don Austen, founder of Thursday's Child, a Los Angeles-based foundation that helps at-risk youth, said he was positive Ms. Doss was a teen prostitute he came across in 1984.

The young girl in high heels with straight bleached blonde hair carried Ms. Doss' signature gap in her teeth, and went by the name Kimberly Kathleen Gardner. This girl, however, was about four inches taller than Ms. Doss.

"I can still see her in my mind," Mr. Austen said. "The first or second time I saw her, there was an officer who said she was all right and gave her a warning."

The young woman reportedly was working for a pimp on the streets of Hollywood. Mr. Austen tried to help her, but she soon vanished, like many young women in the area do. He never got a straight story where she went, he said.

Mr. Austen believes they should have taken the girl's fingerprints and mugshot to see if they matched Ms. Doss.

More at link
http://www.qconline.com/news/local/...cle_afd32d0e-f977-51f0-850a-bce51c8693eb.html

Kimberly Sue Doss – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Kimberly was living in Houston, Texas at the time of her disappearance. On September 27, she was seen at a Greyhound bus station in Davenport, Iowa. She'd taken the bus from Houston to Davenport to visit her father, but she never arrived at her father's house. Her family never heard from her again.

Thursday's Child, a charitable organization that assists homeless or at-risk teenagers, claims they made contact with Kimberly in 1984, two years after her disappearance. They stated Kimberly was working as a prostitute on Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California, under a pimp named James Wiseman. She had straight, bleached blonde hair and was using the name Kimberly Gardner.

The woman the Thursday's Child workers saw was approximately four inches taller than Kimberly was reported to be, however. Kimberly's mother did not believe the Hollywood woman was her daughter, so no investigative action was taken at that time.

Several years passed before investigators decided Kimberly Gardner and Kimberly Doss were probably the same person. By that time, Gardner was no longer in Hollywood. She has never been seen from again and has not been definitively identified as Kimberly.

Some agencies may list March 24, 1980 or January 1, 1984 as the date of Kimberly's disappearance, and the place of her disappearance as Los Angeles, California. Texas authorities are assisting with the investigation into her disappearance.

Could she be this jane doe? perhaps the necklace is a clue here

588UFCA

I wonder if LE has spoken to the lady who knew her when she was in CA? She posted on the Missing Kimberly Sue Doss Facebook page in 2015.

Linda Summers

Attachments

• FEB3E452-92D0-452A-8DF4-07405A71AE6E.jpeg
    FEB3E452-92D0-452A-8DF4-07405A71AE6E.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 33
I wonder if LE has spoken to the lady who knew her when she was in CA? She posted on the Missing Kimberly Sue Doss Facebook page in 2015.

Linda Summers
I don't even think I know what this means... is she saying that she isn't missing? or ... what does that even mean... It seems like this poor girls' info is all messed up everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

Wow, it's crazy how many people just disappear.

I don't even think I know what this means... is she saying that she isn't missing? or ... what does that even mean... It seems like this poor girls' info is all messed up everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

Wow, it's crazy how many people just disappear.
From the comments, a friend/acquaintance named Linda asked Kimberly to reach out to her because she wasn't in CA anymore. If Linda thinks Kimberly knows how to reach her, then that would be helpful in finding Kimberly.

Yes, it is unbelievable how many missing people there are from so long ago. The technology today can be very helpful, if the known information is factual.

Is this alias and alternate birthday included because that was what this woman in California gave them and they thought it was Kimberly Doss? And why would they just assume it was her? Was there a picture of the woman in California? Did the woman named Linda know who Kimberly Doss was because she was also from Iowa and had heard of it?

This entire case really bothers me. :( They all do of course but just the fact that no one can be certain about, really any of the details about Kim or her disappearance is really troubling. I think about her often and hope she is found soon!

KDoss.jpg
KDoss1.jpg

Left: Doss, circa 1982; Right: Age-Progression by NCMEC to 41 years (circa 2007)

Kimberly Sue Doss
  • Case Classification: Involuntary
  • Missing Since: September 27, 1982
  • Location Last Seen: Davenport, Scott County, Iowa

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

• Date of Birth: February 12, 1966
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'2
  • Weight at Time of Disappearance: 120 - 125 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Brown
  • Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Kimberly Kathleen Gardner
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
  • Dentals: Available; She has a gap between her two front teeth.
  • Fingerprints: Not available
  • DNA: Available (in CODIS)
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: Unknown
  • Jewelry: Unknown
  • Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Doss has not been seen since leaving Houston, Texas en route to her father's residence in Davenport, Iowa. on September 1, 1982. She has never been heard from again.

Investigators:
If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: Davenport Police Department
  • Agency Contact Person: Detective Mark Kinnewitht
  • Agency Phone Number: 563-326-7979

• Agency Name: Texas Department of Public Safety
  • Agency Contact Person: N/A
  • Agency Phone Number: 512-424-5074

• Agency Case Number: 82-46115; TXDPS M8705012
  • NCIC Case Number: M184196973
  • NCMEC Case Number: NCMC601057
  • NamUs Case Number: MP #2919
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back