IA IA - Liliana Munguia, 17, Clive/Waukee area, 8 Aug 2024 *flew from her home state of Arizona to Des Moines to meet a friend*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Liliana Munguia, 17, was last seen on home security footage on Aug. 5 around 1:30 a.m. leaving her family home in the Gila River Indian Community.

She then purchased a flight and flew from Mesa to Des Moines where officials said she was going to meet an older man she met online.

Juan isn't sure how she met the individual officials believe she is with or how long they had been in communication.

Airport cameras captured Liliana in Iowa.

As soon as her father caught wind she was in Iowa, he packed up his car and drove there.
He's been frantically searching for her on foot.
Thank you for this article. I've been wondering when that last communication with her family was and that is answered here. "Her last communication with family members was on Wednesday."

Adding to the timeline...

AUG 5:
  • Seen on home security video leaving her father’s home in Bapchule, Arizona, at 1:30 a.m.
  • Later that evening, she purchased a plane ticket and flew from Mesa AZ to Des Moines IA to meet an individual she had met online.
  • Security footage at the Des Moines International Airport showed her arriving on Aug. 5.
AUG 7:
  • Liliana's last communication with family.
AUG 8:
  • Liliana was last seen in the Clive and Waukee area.

Thank you for this article. I've been wondering when that last communication with her family was and that is answered here. "Her last communication with family members was on Wednesday."

Adding to the timeline...

AUG 5:
  • Seen on home security video leaving her father’s home in Bapchule, Arizona, at 1:30 a.m.
  • Later that evening, she purchased a plane ticket and flew from Mesa AZ to Des Moines IA to meet an individual she had met online.
  • Security footage at the Des Moines International Airport showed her arriving on Aug. 5.
AUG 7:
  • Liliana's last communication with family.
AUG 8:
  • Liliana was last seen in the Clive and Waukee area.
How did she buy the ticket? And unless she lied about her age would she be considered an unaccompanied minor?

How did she buy the ticket? And unless she lied about her age would she be considered an unaccompanied minor?
I would love to know that too! I know the ages vary from airline to airline but I think in most cases the minor has to be accompanied to the airport by an adult. Wish we knew what airline she took. MOO

I would love to know that too! I know the ages vary from airline to airline but I think in most cases the minor has to be accompanied to the airport by an adult. Wish we knew what airline she took. MOO

The only choices from PHX-Mess Gateway area Allegiant and Sun Country.

And of the two it seems it has to be Allegiant.

And Allegiant let's a 15-17 year old fly alone as long as it's not a flight with a weather alert.

And you don't need ID but it's recommended. https://www.allegiantair.com/traveling-with-children

She purchased the ticket to fly from Mesa to Des Moines the same day? That would be $$$$. Looking at Travelocity, I can't even find a way to (easily) fly from Mesa to Des Moines. IMO she needed help to get that scheduled and paid for. Also not good.

Edited to add:
Thanks to the research by TravelingBug, Allegiant does fly to Des Moines twice a week. Mondays and Fridays. A ticket to go this coming Friday is $284. Next Monday, as low as $140.

Last edited:
She purchased the ticket to fly from Mesa to Des Moines the same day? That would be $$$$. Looking at Travelocity, I can't even find a way to (easily) fly from Mesa to Des Moines. IMO she needed help to get that scheduled and paid for. Also not good.
Shouldn't be too hard to book, with a stopover in Denver or Chicago. Google shows me tickets around $350 for a same-day flight.

This has been answered but for a little additional information the DOT website confirms that at 17 she is considered a "young adult" as opposed to an unaccompanied minor and can fly with no restrictions (there's a table in the information that has a breakdown of restrictions by age). https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/Kids_Fly_Alone.pdf. She's dressed comfortably, the clothes and boots especially looked well worn in, not something purchased to go meet this man in my opinion, and she probably has her ID and change of clothes and personal items in her bag. It is highly unlikely airline employees would not give her any special notice or handling. Just a note: As a former airline captain, station agents and flight crews would receive focused training on how to watch for human trafficking and how to respond, just so you know, employees are trained to look for signs of this.

wish this was bigger news, but not surprised that it is not. There is absolute panic though, this could go a few different ways - which have been mentioned here. BUMP BUMP BUMP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020
Back