Found Safe IA - Mackenzie Godden, 6, Denison, 25 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Iowa search underway for Mackenzie Godden, 6, missing from Denison

*A new picture of Mackenzie Godden*

Hundreds of emergency responders and volunteers are searching for a 6-year-old who went missing Friday from Crawford County, in western Iowa.

Mackenzie Godden walked away from her home on Oak Ridge Drive in Denison sometime between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Friday night, said Greg Miller, director of the Crawford County Emergency Management Agency.

She was wearing a maroon unicorn shirt and grey pants. When family and friends couldn't find her, they called police just before 9 p.m.

Police, sheriff's deputies, state troopers and every fire department in the county searched for her into the stormy night, Miller said.

"Searches were conducted by family, friends, neighbors and ultimately law enforcement last evening with no luck," said Mitch Mortvedt Mortvedt, assistant director at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, which is assisting in the search.

Searches picked back up again at around 6 a.m. Saturday, he said.

The search resumed early Saturday morning and about 500 people responded to a call for volunteers, Miller said.

The duplex where Godden lived is part of a fairly new development, so the area near the home is rural, with farm fields, timber and rough terrain, Mortvedt said. The neighborhood is near Crawford County Memorial Hospital and U.S. 59.

Searchers deployed every tool at their disposal: Aircraft, aerial drones with infrared cameras, UTV and ATV off-road vehicles, horses and hundreds of people on foot are involved, Miller said.

He asked that additional members of the public do not join the search Saturday, saying they would ask for more volunteers if they need them through the emergency management agency's Facebook and the news media.

746c389f-4e72-481e-a819-e72ee81dc735-godden1.jpg

Now it's between 7 and 8:30. However it doesn't say anyone saw her walk away.

JMO I don't think this little girl went in rough terrain at that hour. This being a new development had she met new friends? She went to knock for them.

Not real comfortable with this being so new. You need to be my neighbor for ten years for me to "KNOW" you. That doesn't happen anymore. With so many people with kids on the block running around I couldn't tell you who is who.

Special prayers Kensie is found.

The hotel and the hospital draw my attention. I can't imagine why she'd go into the fields by herself, especially that late in the day. Someone passing by or who goes through there regularly seems more probable.

PLEASE SHARE: The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting in the search for missing 6-year-old Mackenzie Godden of Denison, last seen at around 7:00 P.M. on Friday night. For more details: https://bit.ly/3qriHyx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kcrg…

E41Gyp2XIAI8pp9

https://twitter.com/KCRG/status/1408860121476780046

Heavy searches are set to take place on Saturday.

Any member of the public wishing to assist with the search is asked to report to the parking lot at Crawford County Memorial Hospital at 10:00 A.M. Volunteers are asked not to search on their own. They will be directed to be part of a search team by incident command.

Further information will be released as it becomes available.

Iowa DCI assisting in search for missing 6-year-old in Denison

Looking at the map and drawing my own conclusions from similar places I've seen in other towns in Iowa, I would suggest that other children outside the family are few and far between out there. It's possible there are young families in those duplexes, but it's also quite possible they are full of retirees and other older folks.

Looking at the map and drawing my own conclusions from similar places I've seen in other towns in Iowa, I would suggest that other children outside the family are few and far between out there. It's possible there are young families in those duplexes, but it's also quite possible they are full of retirees and other older folks.

That's a good thought. Child free by choice young folks. My DD fits there, and basically just don't pay attention at all to kids.

Seniors more likely to see a little one and recall, but that time of evening many are busied with senior things.

I can totally see that. Runs outside to play, or maybe in a snit, maybe hiding while they call her or maybe went farther than she meant to. Then when more searchers show up, she thinks she's in trouble and sneaks back inside to hide.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back