Recovered/Located IA - Michael Graham, 37, North Liberty, 6 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, for the first time since I've been on WS, I have "connections" to this man. He is the husband of my (20 year) friend's good friend. My friend is very particular of who she associates with, and is a trustworthy person... so even though the story sounds hinky, I need to give him the benefit of doubt.

I do not know this victim, but I, too, need to give him the benefit of the doubt. I do need to catch up on the rest of the thread. I hope idid not speak too soon.

If I were in a trunk and could manage to use my phone I'd call family bc THEY could then call LE and give all the details of my name, my car, my workplace, my location. mMaybe I'd be in no position to speak about all of that or text all of that.

ETA: just read the update! foul play not suspected.

welp ... I think we won't hear anymore details about this case

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/NL-Police-search-for-missing-man-426643071.html

it's possible he had two phones and they only confiscated one ... or that they shoved him into the trunk so quickly to avoid detection/witnesses that they didn't have time to pat him down for a phone (unlikely I know but ... stranger things et al)

Yep. And if someone takes the time to tie you up why would they let you keep your phone? :thinking:

Looking at fb, he has such a beautiful family :(

The thing is there are trunk releases inside the trunks now.

If he had fingers that could text on a phone I'd think he could pull on the trunk release it seems. idk

So assuming there were cameras somewhere along this one hour route, surely LE would be able to confirm the presence of his vehicle in the area of the last ping. Assuming he was still with his car. Hopefully, it would suggest his continued route. Also, I know that the cars typically have some kind of trunk release now, I wonder how he's able to type (assuming he was hiding the phone he probably wasn't using talk to text or siri) I wonder why he was unable to pull the release.

It's such a sad situation to think he was really taken, why would someone want him? If they were going to steal the car there would be no need to tie him up, most people wouldn't fight a car jacker they would just let it go and call the cops. So I feel as if he was taken there is unfortunately more to the story. Did he owe someone money, or something like that? I don't want to think but drugs could also be a factor.

Here's a map with the location of his office and the location of the last ping: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/7+H...0f3e7ebb1e453c!2m2!1d-91.9456173!2d41.2695065

JMO, I don't think there would be cameras along most of this route. There might be traffic cameras near the University of Iowa Research park and HWY 80 but if someone knew that, it looks like it would be easy to avoid driving that way and take a back roads route.

Is anyone familiar with this area that can give us an idea about the camera or traffic situation?

I just can't get past the trunk release. Its a big red handle that hangs down.

I just can't get past the trunk release. Its a big red handle that hangs down.

Since he hasn't actually been found in the trunk yet we can't conclude he didn't escape it after texting his wife (assuming he was actually tied up and put in the trunk and got his hands free enough to text). IMO, however, we also can't say for sure that he was the one who sent those text messages. I'm just wondering why the police are saying they don't suspect foul play. What do they know that they are not releasing?

Yeah LE obviously knows something that would lead them to believe he is okay. They seemed to know this pretty quickly too. His poor family. Hopefully they will get answers soon.

Possible suicide staged to look like a homicide ... for life insurance purposes? Just one theory.

The thing is there are trunk releases inside the trunks now.

If he had fingers that could text on a phone I'd think he could pull on the trunk release it seems. idk
I'm still catching up, but I can tell my watch to text someone, and what to say in the text. Same with my phone.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank heavens he was found. I hope he can work out whatever problems he I experiencing. I always try to remember everyone is fighting some type of battle.

I think most people don't mean to be unkind. It's just hard to rationalize faking a kidnapping (if that's what happened here) as a means to deal with personal problems. We've had enough of those cases, considering the real horrors going on. Not to mention, kidnappings are devastating! It's about the cruelest thing you could do to your loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back