Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can be literal and struggle with nuances. What do you think they are quietly telling us? tia!!
Well IMhumbleOpinion they may be focusing on catching a "big fish" like a shark. Someone (gonna be a male if accurate) who is on an extended spree and responsible for multiple "disappearances".
That would also make it very high profile. Usually the only way they can catch them is if they escalate and become sloppy or if they are caught in the act. I hate to say it, but we aren't really aware of these serial predators among us. (WE WS ARE to the best we can be).
They aren't publicized until they are connected, and then the news outlets have to be tipped off that they exist.
So it seems to me if this were the case, it may happen again... and some other poor soul is in danger of being the latest "bait".
I surely hope I am 100% wrong. Absolutely I do not even want to entertain this idea. We all saw how quickly FBI came on board in Lucas Hernandez' case.
This is common protocol in any "kidnapping" which EG originally lied and claimed his to be and we know how that turned out recently. :(
For all we know, MT has been taken over state lines.
Any further thoughts are so jumbled at the moment that I am afraid to reply further. I am dealing with the trucking and biking (bikers) communities and I have had over 1000 comments to me this morning.
All I can do is search thru them and be very aware that FBI etc watches all of these interactions...
jmo

We’re three weeks into this investigation without a single piece of evidence that a crime has occurred. That perhaps a crime did not occur certainly remains a viable possibility.

Then what do you think occurred and what do you think LE should do at this point?

I have a question... We've all seen that WC had his home searched, along with the assertion that it was voluntary and without a warrant... But, I've also read that he no longer owns the property, that he sold out years ago... So, the property that was searched, is it his, or did the actual owner of the property grant LE the okay to search it without a warrant..?
I think someone answered the question of who exactly owns that farm. But maybe I'm wrong. Just to double check your statement are you talking about the pig farm that didn't have any pigs or the other far with pigs?

I wonder if she used the app "Find My Friend"? I know the phone is dead but if she used that app, 1-is any data retrievable? 2-Did any of her friends happen to look her her location at any time before the phone died?

Brooklyn has street lights on most city streets. There is not one in front of 622 but is one in front of the coop and also at the intersection near her house. But by most accounts, there would still have been a lot of daylight left during the bracketed time for her jog. It takes a pair to snatch someone off the street in ample light after people are home from work and most likely, some are outside sitting, walking or chatting. That is a high level of risk assumption indeed.

This is a story from a few months ago. It is done

Police: Video captured attempted abduction of woman jogging in Bridgewater | Boston.com

I wonder if she used the app "Find My Friend"? I know the phone is dead but if she used that app, 1-is any data retrievable? 2-Did any of her friends happen to look her her location at any time before the phone died?

I know I had read that her friends went to the house she was staying at and knocked and there was no response, so they assumed she was not home. I'm not sure if that was during the day she was reported missing or the night before. However, I would assume that they did not have her location due to this. I know there have been times that my friends tell me where they are and if they aren't there and not on snapchat maps, find my friends, etc. there really is no way to find them until they respond.

I’ve been wondering the same. There have been things both parents have said in interviews that make me wonder. I don’t think LE would still be involved though if this was the case.
It’s obvious and expected that the family and LE aren’t exactly on the same page. But the one thing they’re going to agree on - this investigation continues until Mollie is physically located and the case is resolved.

We’re three weeks into this investigation without a single piece of evidence that a crime has occurred. That perhaps a crime did not occur certainly remains a viable possibility.

I agree that this seems strange to me, but then again maybe they know more than they are revealing. It this is a crime and they have absolutely no evidence, then this person did a really good job of covering things up or got extremely lucky. However, I think there is very little chance that she simply vanished by choice. She doesn't seem like the runaway type from what has been told in the media.

It seems obvious that any neighbor living within sight of the house 'could' know if they wanted to. All they'd have to do is glance over there to see that the other housemates trucks and construction equipment were gone.
There is a garage. The cars could be in there

If you have a legitimate tip please contact LE immediately. If you are unclear, please ask a Moderator to help you figure out the next best step.

There is no need, I assure you that the person that I am thinking about is well known to local authorities. Chances are it has zero to do with this case but it's curious if nothing else.

Nick Pratico was found a month later in a cornfield near where his college ID had been found. Dogs had searched, people had searched there.

I believe that cornfield was search by humans three days after his disappearance. A state police dog searched the field a month later and located his body right away. If you are going to use humans to search for a body, they might as well all be legally blind, because the only way they are going to find the body is if they trip over it. Searches like that should be conducted by bloodhounds with as few humans as possible. Which makes me wonder, if they have tried to use bloodhounds to track Mollie. I would guess probably not.

cell phones can see and give lots of info about cctv cameras. all you have to do is turn on your camera and scan around and it will see night vision cameras and what direction they are pointed etc. also open networks give lots of info, the phone could have hit a open network and told where she was when and who else was or wasn't on the same network or someone could have used a open network to see if she was home. if your phone is set to automatically connect to networks, any available network, it may not connect to your network but your neighbors network, that is if the router isn't requiring a password. every device has a specific mac address assigned to it that doesn't change. that will be the same every time everywhere for forever for that device.

I can be literal and struggle with nuances. What do you think they are quietly telling us? tia!!
They have bigger fish to fry than a simple missing persons case is just my sense and I could be wrong. But this is a sizable federal team that looks to be in place. I'm not saying this to in ANY WAY diminish from the tragic situation with a missing MT. Her being missing or any person being missing and not found is horrible. I am glad federal resources are attempting to find her and I think its great that the reward keeps going up as maybe at some point it will prompt someone to do the right thing and speak up against someone that might be in a position of power or able to hurt them or their family. I also keep circling back to WHY it took 6 days to call in for help when we are dealing with a town that has NO standalone police force? Questionable decision, AT BEST IMO!

The posture of the police and the amount of resources that have been dedicated, and continue to be dedicated, tells me that LE believes this to be foul play. The fact that we (the public) haven't been told anything by way of evidence, does not make a crime not occurring, any more probable. If she was in fact missing on her own volition, and LE had evidence of this, they would almost certainly release this information and remove the pressure that they are facing to solve this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy