DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

MISSING PERSON. 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is missing. Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn. If you have any information please call 641 623-5679.
upload_2018-7-20_19-6-46.jpeg

Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14

IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to welcome our many new members to Websleuths. Please remember Websleuths is not like the other discussion forums. We are heavily moderated. Our goal is to stay on topic, not tear apart innocent people, and see what we can come up with looking at the evidence presented to the public by the mainstream media or law enforcement.

Here is a link to our rules. The Rules

This means you cannot randomly accuse someone of killing Mollie.

You cannot link to other sources like random YouTube videos or Facebook pages and post information from these places.

WC are initials of the pig farmer who has been brought in for questioning and had his property searched in connection with Mollie's disappearance. Police have not named him as a person of interest.

In a situation like this where a person has not been named a suspect but the police appear to be interested in him, we only allow the initials of the person to be used
This does not mean you can discuss anyone else. You can't start using Mollie's boyfriend's initials and then you post you think he may have been involved. We are doing this with WC only. Keep in mind each case is different. What we allow in another case on Websleuths does not mean we will allow the same type of discussion in Mollie's case.

As far as WC, one of our media sources that we have given the OK to use is Heavy.com

Heavy.com has provided a WC Five Fast Facts You Need to Know.

If you want to discuss what Heavy.com has provided you must use only the initials WC.

Please, do not outright accuse WC of taking Mollie, no remarks about looks, clothing, or any other insults.

The media frenzy surrounding Mollie's case is jaw-dropping and the story keeps getting bigger and bigger. As this happens sometimes the facts become lost and rumors take over.

Please stick to the facts of the case.

Thanks, everyone,
Tricia

She said she has found peace in moments she can control, taking walks and swimming laps in a local pool. The calm of those moments helps her "keep some balance" when everything seems like it's falling apart. That, and the people around her.
"What's keeping me strong is the outpouring of friends and family who call to offer their support, from people in the community, people in the state, to friends across the country," Calderwood said.

Mollie Tibbetts went missing three weeks ago. Here's how her family is trying to cope - CNN

admin note:
Witness addresses should not be posted. You may speak in general terms but not give out the actual address unless it has been specifically mentioned in an MSM article, law enforcement site, or court documents.

Good morning.

I'm looking to map Mollie's jogging route. The only sightings of Mollie jogging are on W. Pershing Dr. and near the Funeral Home.

My impression is that her running route was supposed to end at her mom's house. Does anyone have any linked information that adds sightings of Mollie between 5PM and 8PM July 18?

CCTV pulled by investigators does not mean sightings, tips, or footage of Mollie.

Is there a sighting of Mollie near the high school, or is that just more CCTV that was pulled?

Last edited:
Yes, I understand. And I certainly appreciation and commend your effort to avoid the unnecessary slander of the individuals who are no doubt living out a family’s worst nightmare. However, I’m a little confused when a poster is speaking in generalities about relationship dynamics and the perimeters of one’s inner circle solely based on what the public has been told about this particular situation. If no names are used and no links attached, where lies the permanency of online association? Certainly, many people have a brother or a bf or a bf’s brother or a brother’s fiancé.... But far fewer have a pig farmer with the initials WC whose property near Brooklyn Iowa has been google mapped all over this site. Please don’t take these questions and comments negatively; in fact, I am truly wanting to define and clearly understand the boundaries set for posting. This is the only online social forum I have ever felt compelled to comment upon. So, obviously, I wholly respect the value of this type of community forum. That is, a community of strangers who care enough about another “stranger” that we are willing to take the time to brainstorm together all for the unlikely and remote chance that we might somehow be able to unite a young lady with her family. I just simply want to better understand what can and can not be stated. I really am grateful for your work as a moderator of this site. The work you do most definitely insures that this site maintains both respectability and sensitivity to those intimately involved. And, of course, those individuals are the ones who truly matter in such a heart wrenching scenario as a missing loved one. Thank you!

Our rule is geared toward maintaining and respecting the privacy of individuals, who just happen to know a victim of a crime, and those on the periphery of a case who are not designated as suspects or persons of interest. The rule is set up to avoid intrusive sleuthing on innocent people's lives.

Good morning.

I'm looking to map Mollie's jogging route. The only sightings of Mollie jogging are on W. Pershing Dr. and near the Funeral Home.

My impression is that her running route was supposed to end at her mom's house. Does anyone have any linked information that adds sightings of Mollie between 5PM and 8PM July 18?

CCTV pulled by investigators does not mean sightings, tips, or footage of Mollie.

Is there a sighting of Mollie near the high school, or is that just more CCTV that was pulled?

I don't have the same impression (BBM). Can you say more about where your impression is from?

There's no sighting by the HS that I've seen, just talk about how they likely have cameras so if she was near there she may be on camera.

Good morning. Law enforcement is making a major error in not releasing investigative information. Being tight lipped for almost 3 weeks has resulted in nothing. LE says it doesn't want to compromise the investigation. Compromise what???? Please LE release the investigative information....if you have any!!!! The case and investigation will be energized

Delete. Duplicate post.

Last edited:
Reading posts about the dogs. Long story short, my 3 dogs were being looked after by someone when I went out of town. I found out the dogs were locked in house for 24 hours (the sitter went to jail (PI)and couldn’t get ahold of anyone) there was no dog mess in house and they were not in frenzied state. So my point is you can’t go by the dogs necessarily in regards to a timeline.
And no I don’t use that “sitter” anymore.

<modsnipped- sleuthing of family members>

Re the SUV sighting. Where did the person see this car: outside on street, or from indoors through the window? If it was dark, how good was the street lighting to be sure it was definitely black, and not say, dark blue? What angle was it seen from - front, side, rear? Depending on sighting/lighting could it have been another model type?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

The last thread was about to close when I posted the NH one from the Daily Mail. Did you get that one?

Threads moving fast. Wow.

I don’t know if this has been addressed.

We have our very own

I 80 Serial Killer Forum.

Brooklyn is a very few miles off I 80.

It brings to my attention why LE might be so very tight lipped about this case. And the justification for the priority FBI status.

Why not call police on a strange black suv - at the time - when you see it crushing your neighborhood for 1.5 hours in a town of 1,400??? Baffling to me!

I live in a town of 40,000+; in a very safe and quiet part of town - if I witnessed a strange black suv (or any vehicle/person) for 1.5 hours; especially from 11:30P to 1:00A - I'd definitely be letting the authorities know!

Judging from the paucity of information released and the continuing front and center utilization of the family to elicit a response without releasing specific case details, it would seem that LE is appealing to someone who knows or suspects something rather than someone who saw something. The responsible party is likely to have a friend or family member, intimate partner or co-worker who will have suspicions, but that may be struggling with emotions of loyalty, doubt or betrayal.

FOX News Channel just announced 'possible new clue", then the reporter on the scene talked about third interview with the farmer. The reporter spoke with the man who said he doesn't know Mollie, didn't see her and has no idea why LE keeps returning to his property. The farmer has allowed LE to search his home with a dog, search his entire 70+ acre property without a warrant, is cooperating with LE's requests and questioning and the reward is up to 300K. Missing from the report is any 'new' clue.

So, a big nothing report.

Threads moving fast. Wow.

I don’t know if this has been addressed.

We have our very own

I 80 Serial Killer Forum.

Brooklyn is a very few miles off I 80.

It brings to my attention why LE might be so very tight lipped about this case. And the justification for the priority FBI status.

Hi Charlie, would you mind linking the thread? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinK98