Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about the snapchat - sometime that evening after jogging - her boyfriend opened it at 10 or 10:30pm depending on the news article - I still wonder if that photo shows she is somewhere else i.e. not at the house or her mom's. They sure haven't mentioned it that I can find.

You're assuming he opened the SC close to the time it was sent - right?

Leanne Bearden. Almost the same case as this. Happy, world traveler. Went for a walk, disappeared for 3 weeks. Found hanging in a tree in a nearby yard. Nobody saw that coming.

I'm not saying that people you least expect don't die by suicide or that it can't take time to find the person. I'm just saying that not wanting to be stopped and not wanting to be found after the fact are two different things.

You're assuming he opened the SC close to the time it was sent - right?
Not really - she could have sent it anytime - he doesn't have to open it right away -but he said it was a picture of her IIRC. I just think finding out when it was taken/sent could provide more insight in the timeline of when she actually went missing.

Don't forget about the snapchat - sometime that evening after jogging - her boyfriend opened it at 10 or 10:30pm depending on the news article - I still wonder if that photo shows she is somewhere else i.e. not at the house or her mom's. They sure haven't mentioned it that I can find.

Mollie Tibbetts Boyfriend Dalton Jack: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Jack’s mother Cynthia told Facebook followers that Jack was one of the last people to hear from Tibbetts, explaining that they had been communicating via the Snapchat app. Cynthia said, “She and my son had been snapping back and forth since he had left for work the morning before. A lot of it was nonsensical stuff, as she was trying to bring him back to the top of her favorites list. He is not much for social media and some of her friends had recently bypassed him. So she wanted him back on the top of the list. That being said, it was just a selfie of her face and it looked as if she was indoors. It was around 10 p.m. when he opened it and she does not run after dark.”

Cynthia then added that in the Snapchat photo Tibbetts had sent her son, “There was light as he could tell she was indoors. It just did not have anything noticable in the background. He looked at it briefly before he went to bed. And since it was a picture message it disappeared. It is not fishy that it was just her face. They sent snaps and texts like that all the time.”

Actually that's been done quite frequently. Abigail Hernandez was held in a storage locked in a trailer park. Dugard in a switchback hard and then there's the Cleveland three!
Neighborhood yard!

Samantha Koenig was kidnapped in Alaska, she was taken from a coffee stand and it was caught on video. Oh that was terrifying to watch. There was also a reward in that case. Circumstances in the cases are different, but ...
FBI Releases Details Of Samantha Koenig's Abduction & Murder
Israel Keyes was arrested and charged with her murder, he confessed to that plus about 6 more murders but he was allowed to kill himself in jail before they could get very much useful info from him. The FBI believes that he was a very prolific serial killer, and he was very unique with how methodical and detail oriented he was. He would hide 'kill kits' in areas entire states away from where he lived and return sometimes years later to retrive them and kill a selected victim. He had no victim type, as he was know to kill couples, men, women, and possibly teenagers. When he kidnapped Sam, he killed her within days, and hid her body for some time in a shed, and then dumped her in a frozen lake. Only reason he was caught was because he used her bank card in Arizona for some stupid reason. I personally don't see a whole lot of similarities with this case to Molly. Everyone assumed that Sam was alive for months, because Keyes posed her body with a newspaper about a week after she was killed. He was demanding ransom money to be put on her card, and posted the photo of her in a park for police to find. I think if someone was going to ransom Molly, or that is a possibility for this case, we would have heard about it by now.

Of course!! Defending a murderer who has made national news would be huge for any lawyer's career. I don't think the hog farmer was involved at all, just saying that if he was a lawyer would absolutely want to defend him.
Jose Baez????

Not really - she could have sent it anytime - he doesn't have to open it right away -but he said it was a picture of her IIRC. I just think finding out when it was taken/sent could provide more insight in the timeline of when she actually went missing.

Totally agree - maybe this is part of the timeline that LE refers to - but isn't divulging?

It doesn’t even have to be a car we are looking for.

Were there any wooded areas along her routes? Someone can easily jump out of the woods and drag her in, muting her screams. Thick trees will help block sound as well.

Cornfields still full of corn would have less sound block but same general effect—only takes a couple of seconds to completely disappear without a trace.

Again, to me, this just seems like the “female jogger” story that happens over and over and over again (sadly). There are always variations of the story, but it’s usually the same general crazy dude stranger out for blood and finds his target. That’s why they have a lot of self defense courses out there and situational awareness books for women, because it happens so much.

Not sure what all the comments are about chloroform or wanting to psychologically help an acquaintance in an emergency—very creative..... But when it comes down to it, this really seems like your “typical” female jogger wearing earbuds that unfortunately crosses paths with a psycho.

I think the dad is having wishful thinking...that or he has his own theory that he thinks he knows what happened, but I really think it’s just some random creep, truck driver, who knows, that saw an opportunity and took it. And IMHO, WC should continue to be watched with interest.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
She was spotted on West Pershing drive; check out this map. So if the eyewitness is correct, she jogged toward town.
Mollie Tibbetts: Fox News takes a look at the location where the missing girl is last thought to have been
People keep talking about the cornfield; notice that the home where she was staying is on the outskirts of Brooklyn near a cornfield.

I still don’t understand why LE are taking the chance of not finding Molly by not giving a solid timeline for the public to offer up leads. In other cases it helps solve cases. Why are they so close lipped with this particular case?

This has been asked over and over. Being tight lipped is very common these days as releasing info publicly has made it impossible to verify whether a suspect is telling the truth when they confess or if they accidentally incriminate themselves.

Everyone criticizing the lack of info assumes LE is "risking the case". I don't. I think they know much more about how to work their cases than we do.

Sometimes info is released in cases because LE believes the release is necessary to further tips. Clearly they just don't feel that's the case here.

I also think it's pretty illogical to suggest that people in this rural, small town area, obsessed with and inundated with this case, are going to ignore anything, no matter how small, that could possibly, remotely be connected to the case, that occurred between 5:30 pm the day before she went missing to the following day at 5:30 pm simply because the exact timeline has not been released.

I'm sorry. Doesn't make sense. This case is all these people are thinking about right now. And it just makes no sense.

They're receiving hundreds and hundreds of tips.

Frankly I think sometimes people feel they know better than LE and it's pretty presumptuous.

Yes, LE occasionally doesn't do what they need to do. You can sort of tell when the family begins to express frustration, or takes matters into their own hands, like in Elizabeth Smart's case.

But at this point there is nothing to suggest that people in the region are going, "Yeah, I saw a young woman struggling with a man but I don't know the timeline so it may not be relevant." Or, "Well my co-worker didn't show up the day Mollie was reported missing. He took the rest of the week off and has been acting strange lately. But without more info, I just don't see how it's important."

Or whatever.

This is all the people in that region, county and nearby counties are talking about, sadly.

I think if and when they feel information needs to be released to help the case they will release it.

The only thing i have read about the snapchat was that BF thought it was taken inside, no description of anything as of last week
same here - and he didn't remember the clothes she was wearing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee