Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure LE has a go-to list; we've seen one of them on camera. However, deviants can keep crazy well hidden with nice haircuts, manners, and a good job. Everyone is shocked when they are arrested. However, I would agree that those closest to him have seen flickers of deviant behavior and chose to deny it.
Exactly. Some offenders absolutely look like offenders, and some look like your average guy. Invariably however, every sexually motivated offender exhibits some sort of concerning behavior in their normal lives, it's just a matter of someone seeing it. The scary ones are able to conceal this behavior much better than others, but this behavior is still visible in certain contexts.

My take on what her dad is that he is saying exactly what he hopes would trigger a kidnapper to release her, if this is the case. He is saying “it got out of hand” etc, trying to give the guy an “out” as far as intent, etc. Maybe he took some advice as to what to say but I very much doubt his hopes are based on more than just that...hopes.

Exactly. Almost like he knows something...

There were a few more stories about her father with extended quotes:

"It's totally speculation," Rob Tibbetts told ABC News, "but I do believe that Mollie is with someone who she knows, probably someone who cares about her. But that relationship was misguided, misinterpreted and went wrong, and I think they're in a place with Mollie and don't know how to get themselves out of this horrible situation."

Rob Tibbetts said that as the search for Mollie continues, it's also important to give that individual "the freedom and the space to process this, and to get themselves out of this amount of trouble because they get into a deeper amount of trouble."

"I do really believe that what happened to Mollie wasn't that someone set out to harm her," Rob Tibbetts said. "I think because they haven't found Mollie, that Mollie is still some place, and we can get her home."

Hope he know something. He isn't just throwing out a line...he has thought this out.
Mollie Tibbetts' father: 'We can get her home'
I think this is a complete strategy and he has done well.

So what is the significance of a 3 hour phone call with her dad? Was this something that was not common? How soon did she disappear after the phone call?

That's what I would like to know. Up to this point, we have not learned much about her mental state leading up to the disappearance. Sure, we know how she is generally perceived by family and others (good, well-rounded), but we don't know if she was going through anything of late. A 3 hour phone call could very well indicate this.

JMO.

This is turning into a "Can You Match Mine" contest. By your thinking she would have been kicked out the door by Planned Parenthood and ended up in a county hospital, whose employees were clueless and didn't watch the news, and managed to lay in a bed totally not noticed by anyone.
actually, you can go to planned parenthood. get treated confidentially, have complications hours later, go to hospital, get treated and be back in a friend's place recovering before you are reported missing or not long after. then you and friend see this whole thing blow way out of proportion and freak out. what do you do now? how do you get out of this situation without everyone finding out you were pregnant and your long time BF wasn't involved... kids might have thought they'd lay low and let it blow over in a few days, only to see this case get bigger and bigger. now they freak out even more. how do you get out of this situation.... I think this is why the Dad is throwing comments out there...like throwing a rope into a pool for a struggling swimmer to grab and come to shore..."just come home, it'll be alright"...

Agreed - is that a normal call length for them?, subjects covered?, etc???
My impression from listening to him talk about it is that there was nothing unusual about the call or the length of the call. They are apparently very close and maybe this is how they keep connected when they live so far apart. I remember that her father mentioned that they talked about books, etc., too on the call.

Something about the pig farmer is really bothering me. The clothes full of holes, the nervous neck scratching, the statements that he couldn't remember the questions. It seems like too much. I don't know where I'm going with this, but could have been put up to putting on an act for some reason? If so, by who?
Regarding his stalking two women, I don't know if we're allowed to discuss it, but I keep wondering what exactly was involved regarding the stalking. Was he a peeping Tom, did he threaten violence, etc.?

Very true. It wouldn’t require a man to have a great deal of strength to overpower a girl of her size, regardless of her fitness level. He also may have had the element of surprise, or a weapon of some sort. Of course your other theory of a known assailant that she willingly got into the car with, is very plausible as well.
I agree. I know lots of young women her size, and lots of men of average to small size (say 5'9", 150 pounds) that could easily overpower them, even without being athletic or buff or stocky. Men are physically larger and stronger than most women, and even if they didn't simply overpower her, they could have had "aids" such as pushing her down with a body or behind the knees tackle and momentarily stunning her, hitting her with their vehicle, a baseball bat, using a taser/stungun, chloroform on a rag covering her mouth from behind, etc. etc. to incapacitate her. It would be relatively easy to 'disable' someone of her size and grab her and throw her into a vehicle. JMO.

Something about the pig farmer is really bothering me. The clothes full of holes, the nervous neck scratching, the statements that he couldn't remember the questions. It seems like too much. I don't know where I'm going with this, but could have been put up to putting on an act for some reason? If so, by who?
Regarding his stalking two women, I don't know if we're allowed to discuss it, but I keep wondering what exactly was involved regarding the stalking. Was he a peeping Tom, did he threaten violence, etc.?
I don't think it's the pig guy. I think the Perp will end up being some handsome, clean cut football looking guy. Of course I could be wrong, and have been wrong before.
Amateur speculation and opinion only.

I agree. I know lots of young women her size, and lots of men of average to small size (say 5'9", 150 pounds) that could easily overpower them, even without being athletic or buff or stocky. Men are physically larger and stronger than most women, and even if they didn't simply overpower her, they could have had "aids" such as pushing her down with a body or behind the knees tackle and momentarily stunning her, hitting her with their vehicle, a baseball bat, using a taser/stungun, chloroform on a rag covering her mouth from behind, etc. etc. to incapacitate her. It would be relatively easy to 'disable' someone of her size and grab her and throw her into a vehicle. JMO.
I am Mollie's size and I guarantee you that I am no match for a man in terms of physical strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc