Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the red shirt was found by the hog farm/ fitbit made it to there/ etc., perhaps someone who knew the reputation/history of the person who lives there planted evidence to try to pin whatever crime may have been committed on him.
Data can’t be planted like pings from cell towers, signals. They have not found physical Fitbit.

Here’s info on the red shirt
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insideedition.com/mollie-tibbetts-case-could-red-shirt-hold-key-finding-missing-iowa-college-student-45669?amp

As the reward money continues to go up, now to $300k, I will say again that I think it is a potentially harmful strategy for getting tips to help find her, and actually impedes the investigation. I think any shady person involved with this who knows who has her will keep waiting before saying anything, as they know that reward money is just going to keep going up the longer they wait. Furthermore, the higher it goes, the more false leads they are going to get as greedy people try to get that money. I don't understand why they don't freeze it.
I think it's a double edge sword. The reward is for for the SAFE RETURN of Mollie so if the incentive is purely $$$, they will have to keep Mollie safe.

Today is Tuesday.

I doubt they are going to wait to Friday to announce a major breakthrough.

If they found evidence that implicates the Perp, I think they have a Press Conf at 9:00pm, Monday night.
I wonder if they are going to name a POI but can't name him/her a suspect just yet.
Also sometimes they arrest a POI on other charges while they put together the real case they're going after.
Do we have free access to see the arrest records out there? I'll check.

<modsnip: removed quoted post>

Her photos look very typical of photos I've seen other 20 year olds post. I get the overall impression that she is a very sweet girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
100% agree. It would leak quickly in a case of this magnitude and the moment they have enough to arrest a perp they're doing it.

Maybe speaking to both reasons of pc delay and tight lipped LE, cases contain sensitive, potentially tipping information. A credit to all team members protecting such as they professionally operate.

May we recall not too long ago how this nation was terrorized and captivated by a case involving then an unknown bomber. Even with all the attention and incessant stream of tips, in the end it took individuals close to the actor and closely secretive operations to track down and capture the perpetrator.

Years later when i spoke with a federal investigator on that case and the subsequent anthrax cases, the individual would not discuss.

WC reminds me of my late uncle- a millionaire - owned tons of land and a huge Christmas tree farm- only ever saw him in coveralls that were dirty and ripped- He was a man of few words and not very social- He did not have the same background or any charges against him like WC does but I can easily imagine if he were questioned about anything by LE or the media his words and mannerisms would likely be similar- not defending WC just saying we as humans operate and react to things very very differently- helps me keep an open mind and to realize we cannot always judge a book by it's cover

I thought the same thing. She seems a little too smart to be taking pics of herself in a lacy bra and posting on social media. The pics of her sticking her tongue out or ones in her underwear are so “off”. They just don’t fit in. It seems like those would be the type of pics posts a young teen would do not thinking about the impact it has being seen by the world, not a 20 year old psych major.
They actually seem quite mild to me compared to what some women post on social media. JMO

I wonder if they are going to name a POI but can't name him/her a suspect just yet.
Also sometimes they arrest a POI on other charges while they put together the real case they're going after.
Thanks for checking. Whoever the POI is LE not worried because believe you me they are watching his every move with undercover. They followed Goldenstate killer over a month, used GPS tracker placed on his car and undercover followed him everywhere. They let him go about his own business while they built their case then finally unsuspecting arrested him.

Reminds me of a book I once read. It was a case study on serial killers and rapists. Their adrenalin gets pumping so much, that it's not uncommon for them to head to the emergency room after an assault of murder, thinking they are having a heart attack. Yeah I do some strange reading.

Never really post on here but scroll through the comments. Does anyone know if they've checked local hospitals for anyone coming in with offensive wounds and/or something like a heart attack?
Also, I've been catching up on the thread and am interested in seeing Mollie's VSCO page, does anyone have the link?

Just browsed her VSCO’s pictures and noticed.. she has her tongue pierced. That’s probably why she’s sticking her tongue out in several of the pics. After reading her twitter and looking at the VSCO account, I get a different vibe from her vs what the media has put out there.

I had only looked at her images. Then I clicked on her collections... https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/collection/1

Info has not been released if FitBit has been found, if i am not wrong
It has not been found but they obtained the data records from her tracker. Just like a find my iPhone uses location services. Not sure what the Fitbit uses but it tracks your runs.

I don't think they have a POI. MOO is that the vicinity of WC's farm is the last location they have for the phone/fitbit, and that is why they are interested in WC. I also don't believe the shirt they found was Mollie's. Sadly I don't think they have anything else. I think they may give us a bit more information on the timeline they established for example they know she went jogging by such and such a place at such and such a time. Just my hunch.

I had only looked at her images. Then I clicked on her collections... https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/collection/1
Thank you so much for sharing! I myself am an 18 year old college student and honestly I have been looking through this and it seems pretty normal for a college girl :) Since I can't find her VSCO linked on her personal social media (as far as I can see), I do think she posted these herself. I use VSCO and it is pretty hard to find someone's account if it's not linked somewhere. A lot of people use it to post pictures they don't want to post on their Instagram or Twitter, but still want their close friends to see. Also, I think the topless pics are probably just sharing her fitness journey. All of that is just IMO, but I wouldn't think anything is out of the ordinary if my friends posted those things!

The initial story I read said she was last wearing a red shirt and denim shorts. Scroll back. So many errors in reporting, but I see where the red shirt makes sense to so many here. It may have just been an error on what she might have been wearing when she actually disappeared, but it is an oddity I hope will be clarified.
I thought we didn’t know if the Red shirt had any attachment to the case, whatsoever, and I thought it was found at a Park..
The red t-shirt & denim shorts is what Mollie was expected to wear to her day camp job, and reported at a fast and furious moment in the initial missing report. However, this red t-shirt discussion was terminated (within LE) before the first missing poster ever went up because by then, LE was able to VERIFY on school camera and witnesses that Mollie's was last sighted wearing her jogging clothes. Days later, Mollie's Mum also confirmed she found both of Mollie's red t-shirts located in her room at Mum's house. Later, a report of red shirt found by a mower, but this shirt never linked to Mollie by LE. (There was also annual Iowa bike race on the road the shirt located). Granted, nothing confirmed by LE but I don't think red t-shirt an issue here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298