Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie is doing homework in the evening, and the perp rings the doorbell. Mollie goes to answer the doorbell, and the perp says some falsehood like, "My car broke down," or something similar to that.
Mollie goes out to help, and the perp proceeds to abduct her then and there.

I don't think so. The fact that the dogs were found shut in the basement as was SOP when someone was leaving the house for a period of time tells me that she left the house with purpose and no plans to return immediately. If it was a stranger abduction it seems more likely that it happened away from the house, or at the very least as she was preparing to leave anyway.

And if this has already been mentioned, I apologize for the redundancy. Some computer issues cause it to take 45 minutes or so to complete this post.

I added one more. Sure wish someone could ask all of these questions at the press conference on Friday.

Things we want to know:

1.What was the condition of the house? Door unlocked? Did she normally lock doors? Dogs? Shower used? LE have not comment and wont comment
2. What time was the Snapchat photo taken? Apperently at 10-1030pm and bf think it was taken inside the house but he didnt open it till morning
3.Is the red shirt real evidence or not? Red shirt was found NEAR WC property (NOT in his property) but LE wont confirm or deny if it belongs to MT
4. What route did Mollie jog that evening? There is 3 possible routes but LE havent shared which one she took, apperently they are waiting on a warrent to get thw fitbit data
5. Who was also in that area? LE have not comment and wont comment but bf and bf brother have been cleared
6. Did the surveillance video provide any clues (parked vehicles, etc.) The videos are not from the days she dissapered and LE wont comment on it
7. Did LE find anything during their searches?
LE have not comment and wont comment
8. Who else did she communicate with that day/evening? Especially on Snapchat.
Apperantly the last snap was her to her bf daying good night. LE have not comment and wont comment on any other communication she had
9. Who knew her housemates would be away that night? Thats a good question, so far from whats been disclosed family knew she was dogsitting at her bfs house and of xourse the bf family
10. When and where did her phone lose power?
LE have not comment and wont comment

Its an open investigation so very little information has been release or verified by authorities

The article was from a newspaper, it can be read here:
Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

The quote is "On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé."

Then the article about the pig farm is here: Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

and the quote says "A pig farmer said FBI investigators arrived at his home last Friday and asked to search it without a warrant."

Just seems like an odd difference? Wouldn't the boyfriend just want them to get in the house asap? Sorry, it's just been bugging me and if there is a reason for the difference in approach maybe someone can explain that.
The article leads with the announcement that the FBI had joined the case and immediately procured a warrant. What we don't know is whether local LE was given permission to search before FBI showed up or not. And we also don't know whether the house had been sealed prior to the FBI's appearance in anticipation of that warrant.

It's very possible. You can see where they all are and view all of Iowa's traffic cams here.

Iowa Department of Transportation Traveler Information - Low Bandwidth Web - Cameras - Route Selection

Unfortunately there are none between Brooklyn and the pig farm.

Thanks for the link.
Honestly at this time I see the DITCH next to the pig farm as relevant but so far nothing points toward any other part of his property for me since LE didn't find Mollie. There were two different men I thought initially who had something to do with the hog business whom LE interviewed and searched their properties and the properties were close to each other.

Fully understand why they did it in both instances- each man had histories, and the biz itself and properties have been in the news before where there has been a missing person. But it seems to me that there is a disconnect between either of them and Brooklyn or Mollie at this time (could be we are out of the loop).

I can't help think the connection is more about the way local LE views their precincts/districts/ I don't know what they call them in Poweshiek County and why that shirt wound up in that ditch. Things can blow out the back of a pickup truck. The winds and rain were fierce the 19th. It's a ditch, it moves water. There was not actual grid search done in Mollie's case and time lapsed. Not sure if LE travels that road routinely? Not sure who else does?

A Kinston NC woman Laura Ackerson, was killed by her ex-boyfriend and the boyfriend's wife in Raleigh, chopped up in their Raleigh apt (not a first floor or basement apt so neighbors on all sides,btw) bathroom, put in coolers and carried to TX where the wife's sister lived and parts of the victim's body were found among pigs. It was so horrific. Evil can be so close. We have to apply common sense anticipating the worse imo.

Thanks for the link. I wonder if our highway reader boards have cameras or could have them added? Why couldn't the signs which tell us about food, gas, lodging have cameras? The highway cameras we can use to view traffic doesn't allow us to view reader boards. And I don't see where one can click on an icon for reader boards along a route. I think that would be a good thing. How hard could it be to add? Could the travel/traffic map with the little camera icons you click to view a particular piece of road also be designed to open an alert about a missing person?

Just trying to figure out how with so many having tiny computer phones these days - some answer calls hands free while driving, how could or does a missing person alert reach folks who are moving along our roadways?

Wonder if any of those camping places are known for their privacy, no cameras? Like some hotels - which to me is reason to stay away from them but could/would be a draw for criminals right? Is there any law requiring campsites to have cameras? Maybe to prevent fires or illegal drug activity? Makes sense.

Just wondering outloud.

Missed this video interview from yesterday. Mystery co-worker & bus seat mate in SM photo is interviewed but not identified:
“I remember events that have happened & I want those back, and I think they can come back...”
What the heck is he saying?
Mollie Tibbetts' father: Someone she knows took her
After seeing the video with her co-worker & re-reading her fathers statement.
I am changing my opinion of WC. Yes he is a shady character. JMO
1. He has co-operated with LE or FBI
2. He let them search his place without a search warrant
Yet they needed to get a search warrant to search B& D place?
1. the last known place she was at?
a. Why?
b. This don't make sense to me..........
c. Why hasn't B. the brother came forward yet?
d. Have they had to take lie detector tests yet?
Something just isn't right to me. JMHO

I know the type of peson

I have to disagree. WC doesn't just lack social skills and words, he lacks basic human empathy and concern. And I quote "We are wasting OUR time". Not the families time, or LE's time or the time of the news reporter but "his" time. A young girl is missing, she could possibly be in terrible danger. He is completely dismissive and his body language speaks volumes for a man who may or may not have many words. IMO

Sheri,
Bits and myself both said we were not defending WC. We were stating the broad over all view of the public and perception. They see somebody who isn’t exactly dressed a certain way, probably has never taken an oral communications class, lives in a small town not even on a map, may not have even graduated high school or attended a semester of college but still can be a very successful person at whatever profession the choose. But sadly lots of people don’t even take the time to get to know that person. They just see them as a rube or some hillbilly, etc. Sad. Especially when they don’t even know the person. Again, not defending WC by an means. It’s a general statement how quick some people are to judge others.

Side note: This was written on my phone. Apologies for any typos or whatnot. Autocorrect and I loath each other :)

I've mulled this over within my mind. If it was a fling (I'm doubting). I could see it being very hard for her to bring it out in the open with her family or friends. So if she did go on her own even just for a little...I'm sure it would be hard to figure out just how to explain all of it to her friends.... family. Just speculation of course...which I dont want to get to far out with. She just seems very close with her family and her bfs family. Would be devastating to bring that out to them. Also I remember them saying that there was "quiet" talk of marriage...isn't that an engagement ring on her finger? If so..how's that "quiet" talk.

Promise ring, I heard.

@kkdj

2. Was the red shirt found on WC property? No, according to reports, it was found by someone mowing, in a field nearby his property.

So many threads on this case so please excuse me if this has been asked and covered.

Has any DNA been recovered from this red shirt? Seems like with the technology these days, they could get something from the shirt, especially if it was something she might have been wearing in a stressful situation whether that be a struggle or exercise. They should be able to compare that to DNA found in her house.

That's a mini van.

I wonder if people get confused sometimes and call it an SUV too. Which makes me wonder if there is any truth the alleged black vehicle seen in Mollies town around the same time and could it be this same Missouri vehicle.

Im siding with the chief of police here about this.

"“I think it’s well within the possibility that there could be some sort of connection with Mollie’s case,” said Miner’s chief of police, Chris Griggs, according to Inside Edition."

That Missouri attempted abduction was very scary and it sounds like the guy was definitely after the jogger until she managed to get away. He is on the loose. Missouri is not all that far from Iowa considering that the guy knew she would go to LE and he probably left the state of Missouri to avoid being arrested there.

ETA Checked the map and from Miner, its a straight shot north on I55 to Peoria, Illinois and then I74 northwest to I80 west to right near Brooklyn Iowa.

Footage Emerges of Jogger Abduction Attempt Just One Day Before Mollie Tibbetts Disappeared

Last edited:
I think they were using cadaver dogs in the searches, but not on the jogging trail. I remember reading that i think from a local person, but dont ask which thread! I think there is away to search for specific topics but I haven't tried it yet.
I've also heard that cadaver dogs were used. Hopefully the dogs were cross trained in scent tracking as well but I'm puzzled as to why she wasn't tracked to a certain point where she may have gotten into a vehicle and the trail was lost. I was expecting this information to be out. Guess not. o_O

So many threads on this case so please excuse me if this has been asked and covered.

Has any DNA been recovered from this red shirt? Seems like with the technology these days, they could get something from the shirt, especially if it was something she might have been wearing in a stressful situation whether that be a struggle or exercise. They should be able to compare that to DNA found in her house.

LE hasn't even said that they found a red shirt--it's still rumor

Agree that a deranged predator could be stalking it, but my primary concern about it is self-harm. Again, if those posts were recent she doesn't appear to be in a very good mental/emotional place at all.

JMO.

Ok. I was able to view it. I didn't see one thing that remotely suggested this girl was in a bad place emotionally. Her posts were downright tame compared to social media posts of young people in my life (at least the ones who allow me to see their social media).

My young sisters in law? Oh Lord. If people think Mollie's social media showed a hint of depression they'd think my sister's in law were already dead from suicide. Oh the ridiculous laments about boyfriends and friends that have betrayed them and endless, embarrassing posts and poems about their feelings and body image, etc.

Comparatively speaking Mollie seems mature and together. She is studying psych and the suicide issue was huge this summer. Everyone was posting things about suicide on social media.

Not one hint of depression to me.

As to the photos, can I just say how much I hate the stupid tongue photos people do? Ugh. So annoying. But her photos seemed pretty tame.

A stalker might be excited my them though.

I know depression. I have quite a few friends who are artists, musicians and comedians. So of course, quite a few have mental health issues and many are candid about it. I saw nothing suggesting any of that with Mollie. She seems secure.

I will say, however, that many people who are truly suffering emotionally in her generation, hide it. Some of the people we've heard of who've killed themselves didn't show anything to friends or on social media that would suggest sadness of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassysyl