Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
At this point I am back to why nobody knows how she was supposed to get to work that morning.

And why did early reports state her brother contacted her that morning she was missing at 7:30am to ask if she needed a ride to work and now that has changed to ask if she needed a ride home after work.

Does that even make sense to call someone very early in the morning to see if they need a ride home?

What about how she got to work? Wouldnt they know how she had gotten to work then if they were not worried about how she got to work? Calling at 7:30am that morning and that means she likely would have already been at work since place opened at 630am.

Its all so crazy and confusing.
I just hope LE is getting closer to figuring this all out. Prayers for her and her family and friends.

"The next morning, Calderwood said her son, Tibbetts’ brother, texted his sister at 7:30 a.m. to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

The latest interview that was posted stating the boyfriend was not a suspect also mentioned a press conference for Friday. what would be the benefit of announcing that and if they had information why would they wait till Friday is that some sort of tactic they're using?

I noticed that too, also curious.

JMO
At this point I am back to why nobody knows how she was supposed to get to work that morning.

And why did early reports state her brother contacted her that morning she was missing at 7:30am to ask if she needed a ride to work and now that has changed to ask if she needed a ride home after work.

Does that even make sense to call someone very early in the morning to see if they need a ride home?

What about how she got to work? Wouldnt they know how she had gotten to work then if they were not worried about how she got to work? Calling at 7:30am that morning and that means she likely would have already been at work since place opened at 630am.

I just hope LE is getting closer to figuring this all out. Prayers for her and her family and friends.

"The next morning, Calderwood said her son, Tibbetts’ brother, texted his sister at 7:30 a.m. to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."

I know, nobody as said how she was supposed to get to work in the morning

The red shirt is a red herring. It may never have been at her boyfriend's house. Her dogs may have torn a hole in it and she tossed it in the trash a week ago. (My dogs tear holes in my shirts by jumping on me.) She put the dogs in the basement while she went out to run. She took her phone and fitbit when she went out to run, but left her purse with her ID at home.

or she kept the shirt at work

She took care of the "home sitting" duties, decided her run would be to her moms, where she would have dinner, stay the night, use the car to quickly swing back by "home sitting" early in the morning to pick up vitals, take care of dogs, then head to work? Backup glasses at moms, no need to worry about a car as she would be with it, and no need for her vitals during the night. Answers everything except what happened between point A and B. A Walmart in a nearby town is reported to have had an "incident" earlier that same evening.

JMO

I don't know. I guess this doesn't seem as weird to me. Of course if she told her brother she was getting a ride from someone then hopefully he's told LE that and it's clearly important either as a witness or a possible perpetrator. But just not planning the ride ahead - that seems pretty typical for kids that age. Before my daughter bought her car this summer, when she would come home from college we didn't have enough cars to go around, which I am assuming is the situation with Mollie and her brother sharing. I would always ask her the night before if she needed a ride to work (she could run or bike if she wanted). She almost always said she'd let me know. If she woke up later, was too tired to bike, it was raining etc - she's ask for the ride then. I can see him asking her the night before and her saying 'I'll let you know if I need a ride'. When he didn't hear from her he contacted her to double check and assumed she got to work some other way. She might usually plan to run or bike but didn't check about the storm - again typical of the age. As to why it changed from ride to work to ride home from work - hard to know if that's an inconsistency or bad reporting.

She took care of the "home sitting" duties, decided her run would be to her moms, where she would have dinner, stay the night, use the car to quickly swing back by "home sitting" early in the morning to pick up vitals, take care of dogs, then head to work? Backup glasses at moms, no need to worry about a car as she would be with it, and no need for her vitals during the night. Answers everything except what happened between point A and B. A Walmart in a nearby town is reported to have had an "incident" earlier that same evening.
What was the incident earlier? Was there an attempted kidnapping?

I am thinking abduction. Either a random abduction or someone in town that knew that the BF and everyone else were out of town for work and they knew she was there alone.

Unfortunately, I think Mollie was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I too think it's a possibility that she was abducted 15 minutes into her run during a crime of opportunity.

Search for missing U of I student taking toll on small town

>>snip

“Just seeing the community come together as a whole is very heart warming for my family. Obviously, we are a small town and when something happens to one of us it effects all of us," Collum said.

But many in the community say the stress with the disappearance a week ago have taken a toll.

People say they hear from neighbors that more are locking doors at night.

One woman Angie Thompson, says everyone's watching kids more closely until they know what they are dealing with.

"A lot of the parents are scared. they don't want their kids to go out. They've been protective of them before but now they say you're not going anywhere or you're going in groups," Thompson said.

Residents say they've watch other highly publicized disappearances like the missing 16-year-old in LaPorte City this summer and the still unsolved murder of two cousins in Evansdale.

They don't want the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts to go in that same category.

Interestingly they didn't say they are ruling out that she took off. I thought they had basically decided that didn't happen but calling it a missing persons case just not ruling out abduction makes it sound like they are less sure.
Imo, they are pretty certain she didn't run off.

ABC: Reason to believe that it is not missing person and it is abduction?
Kriegel: Well we are worried about that.
ABC: Why?
Kriegel: The amount of time is way outside of her nature to be gone and not contact family. She always responds to her cell phone messages and that stuff. She’s got a really good family relationship and she would probably respond to the family.

Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

I am thinking abduction. Either a random abduction or someone in town that knew that the BF and everyone else were out of town for work and they knew she was there alone.
Hard to say if it was random or not. She was out jogging alone. That would make her vulnerable. Something we haven't thought about tho is what if someone accidentally hit her with their car and then took her and put her somewhere so they wouldn't go to jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak