Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering how much the police/FBI are looking at this guy. He lives less than a quarter mile away and was convicted of rape of a 13 year old girl. http://www.iowasexoffender.com/registrant/8101/AUSTIN-HUDSON-IOWA/?postalcode=52211&type=simple
If the address was put in the sex offenders site wrong and it's actually 508 W DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211 (it has it listed as 508 B E DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211 but that address doesn't exit), that makes this house a 1 minute drive from her address at
622 W Des Moines St,Brooklyn, IA 52211

from what I saw there is an East and its only a few blocks away too

I don't think something happened while jogging either, because of the red shirt. However, I don't rule out that someone could have seen her jogging and saw where she lived/stalked her and came back later.

It was said on Nancy Grace that the red shirt was provided by the summer camp she was working for. For all we know, they were handed the shirt upon arrival for their shift? The missing red shirt may never have been in her possession if the summer program was providing her to the councillors. ‍♀️

Yes, it is new. Info was always stated that the 7 pm text was to her mother. Now it is changed to her boyfriend.

At about 7 p.m. she sent a text to her boyfriend, Dalton Jack, and then a SnapChat that he opened around 10 p.m. that night, he told ABC 5 Local.

I don't think it's new information, I think it's a new way for the media to screw up the information we already have.

Just a few thoughts I've had as I've been catching up on the thread, though
I'm still several pages behind.

It sounds as if hinky meters are twitching in regards to Mollie and her brother
not having the next mornings vehicle plans finalized yet. JMO. I'm not sure why
this seems to have fallen on the brother's shoulders. It sounds to me as if the ball
was in her court and he was waiting to hear back from her. Do we know what
their normal routine was in their planning?

It makes sense to me, in an abduction scenario, that the most likely time she
could have been taken was in the morning after finishing her shower and
before she had finished getting ready for the day. This would be the
best opportunity to enter the home unnoticed and to catch her in a vulnerable
state and off guard. And it could explain why her shirt is missing, yet her glasses
and contacts were not.
Here's why: if this was me, I would have my under garments and my shirt
in the bathroom ready to throw on. I wouldn't put my glasses on before putting
on my shirt and I would put my fitbit on before putting on my glasses because if
I didn't, I would surely forget it. This would leave me wearing my shirt and fitbit
but not my glasses. JMO.

Lastly, I suspect the lack of clarifying conflicting details from LE is by design. Also, JMO.

My fingers are crossed that today is the Mollie comes home.

I'm still wondering how much the police/FBI are looking at this guy. He lives less than a quarter mile away and was convicted of rape of a 13 year old girl. http://www.iowasexoffender.com/registrant/8101/AUSTIN-HUDSON-IOWA/?postalcode=52211&type=simple
If the address was put in the sex offenders site wrong and it's actually 508 W DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211 (it has it listed as 508 B E DES MOINES ST
BROOKLYN, Iowa, 52211 but that address doesn't exit), that makes this house a 1 minute drive from her address at
622 W Des Moines St,Brooklyn, IA 52211
small guy 5'3, 150?

And maybe, just maybe, she didn’t take her wallet or whatnot Bc she didn’t want to fool with it at the fair and she wasn’t driving. Had her phone and Fitbit and some contacts in that no one knew about (owns multiple pairs) i realize this is a stretch but hey, what else do we have to do at this point but continue to bang our heads on the wall of this rabbit hole we have descended?

JMO
Good point.
I think since she was going to the fair that its possible she just threw some cash in her pocket and did not want to take her wallet or ID with her.

Some people get afraid of theft at the fair. I know I do and try to minimize what I have on me at the fair.

Hmmmm

So if we had to decide, what do you guys think has happened?

abduction etc. by parties unknown to her
abduction etc. by someone known to her
accident
left town for own reasons
suicide

Are there other possibilities?

I just really want it to be, left town for own reasons. We all do. But what happened?

I’m thinking she left on her own willingly Wednesday night intending to spend the night elsewhere. Left with somebody she knows intending that they would bring her back to her mom’s in the early morning and drop her off at her car.

“We have retraced her steps and have eyewitnesses who saw her out running,” Mortvedt says. “We have 40 to 50 law enforcement personnel researching a lot of the same areas, looking for evidence, and examining — if this was an abduction — points of travel in and out of town.”

snip

"Mortvedt notes that Interstate 80, which stretches from San Francisco in the west to Teaneck, New Jersey, in the east, “is four miles south” of Brooklyn.

“We are looking at convenience store videos in town and surveillance footage captured along the interstate, and we have been interviewing and re-interviewing people,” he says."

“We believe she was wearing it (fitbit) because she was known to wear it all the time, and we are starting to get lots of information back from the company,” Mortvedt says."

As Student's Mysterious Disappearance Drags On, It Looks More and More Like Foul Play
disappearance-foul-play/ July 25, 2018 01:48 PM

So if we had to decide, what do you guys think has happened?

abduction etc. by parties unknown to her
abduction etc. by someone known to her
accident
left town for own reasons
suicide

Are there other possibilities?

I just really want it to be, left town for own reasons. We all do. But what happened?
I feel an abduction by an unknown. But then again, idk.

if your goal is to abduct someone, the phone is the last thing you want on or going with them.
Unless of course there is some sort of communication on it that a person would want to hide from world. The fact that Mollie did not have her contacts in, or her glasses on, is so concerning to me. It indicates a bedtime routine, or maybe a shower after her run, where she would then put on her glasses for the evening if she were planning to hang out or go to her mother’s house. I haven’t come across any pics of her with her glasses on, so I am thinking she mostly wears contacts. My husband wears both, and cannot really see too much without them. He will be wearing one or the other, without fail, unless he is in bed, or in the shower.
Mollie, where are u!!
This is a sad situation.
1st post on this case, hi everyone

I would be very interested to know if she wore headphones while running and if the outfit she ran in was at the BF's house still. Seems like it solidifies the timeline if both are missing (i.e. she never made it home from that run).

The only thing that makes me doubt that are the contacts and glasses left behind. I have a feeling LE and the family knows that is not the case and that she did make it home from her run. They are trying to make a suspect feel very comfortable by appearing like they are heading in the wrong directions.

IMO whatever happened had to be when she was sleeping or just woke up- before she had a chance to grab her glasses or put her contacts in. Then the suspect may have took her phone to delete or hide messages that would give motive maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234