Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I know. But, what I was saying is I expected everyone to assume that this was some crazed serial killer who took Mollie unexpectedly. As opposed to thinking that this is someone she knows and they turned on her when she left willingly. I'm not saying I think it's a stranger, I think she knew them too, I am just stating that I am surprised that most share this opinion.

A lot of us here go by statistics, while keeping in mind their are exceptions to the rule. We also read...A lot...about crime. And we learn from past cases we have followed. In this case, according to the DOJ, people who live in rural areas are more likely to have a crime committed against them by someone they know.

(snipped to address just this:)
However the haste the FBI came in suggests they are worried about: 1.) kidnapping; 2.) trafficking; 3.) something serial; 4.) Cyber related crime
In Iowa the original investigating agency is always the local PD and/or county Sherriff’s Department. If not resolved at the local level right away, state DCI assists. When the scope of the investigation requires more resources than DCI can provide they request FBI assistance.

It is hard to believe we are on thread 20 and have reached another weekend with Mollie still missing.

Thank you to all of you for posting and caring about Mollie. A big welcome to all new members it is great to have you here.
(Greg, I’ve got to say, you really are one kind soul. As are many here. You really are one of the nicest people I’ve met here. I hope you’re doing well over there in Scotland! No need to respond due to O/T, but I just want to mention how cool it is to have “crime pen pals” around the world! Like Niner in Latvia, Bravo and Company in the Great White North, our friends in England and Australia and NZ...and more! Just fabulous! Hugs to all! It truly is a worldwide effort here!)

Last edited:
If Mollie willingly got into a car with someone she knew, then ALL of her friends and acquaintances need to think back to that night. Was someone missing? Did they come home very late that night? Were they acting strange in any way? Did they miss work the next day or come in late? Someone knows something. All it takes is for one person to call in the one tip that breaks this case wide open. I just hope that they aren't afraid to come forward IF they do know anything. This person had to be someone she knew well, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten into the car with them. LE needs to look at everyone from her work, school, and church - male AND female!
THIS^^^^^^^^^

I had to leave the FB group, the bigger a case gets the more odd people get. I can't believe people are comfortable saying publicly some of the things they are saying. I echo your sentiments about respecting their community and privacy 100%. Thank you for saying something!!!!

Some people are nuttier than a squirrel turd!

Moooo

I picture my dad getting sucked into something like this. He is a local news junkie and LOVES mysteries so if something happened in their neighborhood and he saw reporters milling about I'd bet anything he'd say "Oh yeah, I saw her running the other night. It was so late I bet I was the last one to see her!" And that's why I feel for this dude.
Your dad sounds like a trip! I recall DR came forward immediately, but as the few details released came out, he then (soberly) realized he was the last known sighting. And innocently gave an interview. And the knuckle staggers descended.
I’m beginning the think there is a niche market for “handlers” people who would come along side these towns folk and say, don’t talk to the press. And lock up their social media and scrub online demographics about them!

"I wish I did know more, but I dread that maybe I was the last person to see her,"

That is a direct quote. Mollie Tibbetts search: Iowa man says 'maybe I was the last person to see her'

In the "witness defends self" news that came out last night, this fellow seems to suggest that his quote was snipped and that what he actually said was "last person to see her IN TOWN" - which, as he also says, is a much less "ominous" thing to say. Now, I don't know if the interview was recorded with audio and/or video...but I'm not sure that it's a "direct quote" or at the very least, a direct quote put in its proper context.

In Iowa the original investigating agency is always the local PD and/or county Sherriff’s Department. If not resolved at the local level right away, state DCI assists. When the scope of the investigation requires more resources than DCI can provide the request FBI assistance.

For a federal crime. Doesn't have to cross state boundaries, but must be a federal crime.

Frequently Asked Questions — FBI

Last edited:
If Mollie willingly got into a car with someone she knew, then ALL of her friends and acquaintances need to think back to that night. Was someone missing? Did they come home very late that night? Were they acting strange in any way? Did they miss work the next day or come in late? Someone knows something. All it takes is for one person to call in the one tip that breaks this case wide open. I just hope that they aren't afraid to come forward IF they do know anything. This person had to be someone she knew well, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten into the car with them. LE needs to look at everyone from her work, school, and church - male AND female!
YES! All of this!

A few other people have said that cornfields are so thick you could easily hide something in them. I don't know about hiding a person in them, but I know they are thick. I took a close look at the cornfield around me driving home last night. Where I live the corn is so closely planted that there aren't even rows to walk between actually. It looks like just a couple inches between rows. It is packed so close that even a small dog couldn't walk through the field here in IL. lol

My newest scenario (of the many that play in my mind each day)...Mollie goes for a run, stops home (or doesn't, scenario could play out the same either way) and goes back out to walk to her moms. A friend drives by and asks if she wants a lift or maybe even if she wants to grab a bite to eat, she says yes and gets in (edited to add, they never made it to eat, you could feasibly insert any reason for her to get in the car). This friend has always had a secret crush on her, maybe has had a drink (or few) and has some courage to go for it and tries to make a move. Mollie politely declines. This person gets upset, loses his **** and accidentally kills her. He has easy access to a farm, disposes of the body and purposely places her phone & fit bit on WC's property because the entire town knows his history and the focus on him will give Mollie's "friend" time to cover his tracks. IF the family knows, they help to cover it up because they are tight knit and this would ruin their name, the town and their lives. I have a person in mind and an idea as to why the FBI would be brought in.
I've clearly read too many psychological thrillers and have been hooked on this story. I'm still holding out hope she is still alive but with each passing day it gets more difficult to imagine. My constant prayers and thoughts are with her family. You can tell me how crazy I am now..

Nah, you're nowhere near crazy. I've had almost the exact same scenario play out in my own mind and I'm definitely NOT crazy (wink wink).

Just one question.

Is it possible to be so obsessed with a person that you would abduct them and no one that knows you would pick up on that?
Would it be possible to keep a sick obsession THAT private?
Wouldn't friends notice that you speak of this person often, watch this person?

I am not sure about an obsession thing yet.

JMO

Hi Dushi. Good questions and here is my response. Yes it is possible, I think. In Jessica Heeringa's case, JW visited the convenience store where she works 15 or 16 times, including the day before she disappeared. While she might have gotten a creepy vibe, a visitor in a work situation (or similar) might not be as obvious. He obviously had an obsession with here, as his cousin claimed a hole was actually predug.

I also think that many perps can come off a certain way, they may be charming, or seem trustworthy.

Hon Dushi. Good questions and herebis my response. Yes it is possible, I think. In Jessica Heeribga’s case, JW visited the co ce is ce store where she works 25 or 16 times. While she might have gotten a creepy vibe, a visitor in a work situation (or similar) might not be as obvious.

I also think that many perps can come off a certain way, they may be charming, or seen trustworthy.

I just realized that was more than one question . Duh

In Iowa the original investigating agency is always the local PD and/or county Sherriff’s Department. If not resolved at the local level right away, state DCI assists. When the scope of the investigation requires more resources than DCI can provide they request FBI assistance.
I think this is the usual course of events in almost every state.
If you ever have heard of the Holly Bobo case in Tennessee you'd see that is just the case.
There were many mistakes made by the FBI, the TBI and of course the local LE.

A few other people have said that cornfields are so thick you could easily hide something in them. I don't know about hiding a person in them, but I know they are thick. I took a close look at the cornfield around me driving home last night. Where I live the corn is so closely planted that there aren't even rows to walk between actually. It looks like just a couple inches between rows. It is packed so close that even a small dog couldn't walk through the field here in IL. lol

Someone posted a pic the other day of his two sons standing behind a row of corn. They were completely invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip