Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Physically destroying the phone wouldn't destroy all of its electronic evidence. Recent calls/messages also could be obtained through the service provider, and other info could be gleaned from social media companies and apps.
I agree, but if she communicated through Instagram DM or Snapchat it wouldn't be traceable through electronic evidence.

My response was in response to why hasn't the phone been found? I know from my own experience when phones cannot be located when the victim is usually deceased, it's because the perp/drug dealer doesn't want LE tracking them down or leaving any electronic evidence with the body. MT could have taken pictures of the perp recently with her phone, we will never know until we locate the phone and see what clues it reveals.

BBM...I knew you would see it my way eventually! ;)

Ok, thanks for the clarification. It's not my forum and if every thread is going to be filled with these personal stories, tips, etc...it may just not be the forum for me. Perhaps there is a communist missing persons forum that is a bit more compartmentalized for those who lack civility and compassion.
I'm a sleuth because I'm uncivil and lack compassion? That's pretty much an insult and seems uncivil to me.

LE has not shared any evidence of an abduction. Why are people making that assumption?
Remember, she had just gotten her first passport...

I think it is clear here that all possibilities are being examined and discussed, but that an abduction is likely, woman, jogging alone, suddenly disappears off the face of the earth with no prior histories, etc, FBI involvement, etc, etc.

Reward for Mollie Tibbetts' safe return now up to $332,000

210 donors averages $1580/per person. obviously some more, some less but this is a lot and overall seems like an incredibly high amount.

for our more seasoned members:

-is there another case where its been higher? and if so, was it a wealthier city (so its proportionately the same, ik people donate nationwide but id imagine many our friends & family close, therefore you have a handful of donors with similar income brackets to the originating area).

-do you think there are 5 or so donors on here that have donated a substantial amount bc behind the scenes with LE/family theres reason to think shes alive?

-another explanation??

note: im definitely not trying to downplay the importance of finding mollie, if someone could donate a million dollars and the result is shes be foudn that'd be awesome, this just seems unusual and im wondering if theres a reason.

In response to your question about 5 or more donors donating large sums, the answer is yes. The fund originated with $30K from 2 donors; and by the the time of the PC, fund had escalated to $172,000 from a dozen. At $220,000 it was only 54 donors. If you search the media thread, you'll find more history on the amount and total donors. Mollie's family has long ties to this community and Mum graduated from same HS her kids attended. Mollie is one of their own, and for the sake of this community, if Mollie was abducted, I really hope it was by a stranger.....

OK on this link read it, it says:

DJ Tibbetts' boyfriend of almost three years, told KCRG he was one of the first to notice that she was missing. He said that while Tibbetts was dog-sitting, he was in Dubuque, which is about two hours away, for work, while his (brothers) were in Ames. Ok is this a misprint does he have more than one brother
Yes. He has the brother he lives with and works for and another brother that doesn't work for the construction company. Seems like a close knit family imo

LE has not shared any evidence of an abduction. Why are people making that assumption?

MT (and her BF and her BF's brother and her BF's fiance) all got passports for the purposes of traveling out of the country to MT's BF's brother's wedding this month (now postponed, i believe).

MT's mother has noted that Mollie's passport sits unused at home (not sure which home).

The reward money is very interesting. If someone knows something, and is holding out for 330,00 over 312,00, that’s a problem. I can’t imagine anyone holding out at all if they knew something. I dunno.,

In response to your question about 5 or more donors donating large sums, the answer is yes. The fund originated with $30K from 2 donors; and by the the time of the PC, fund had escalated to $172,000 from a dozen. At $220,000 it was only 54 donors. If you search the media thread, you'll find more history on the amount and total donors. Mollie's family has long ties to this community and Mum graduated from same HS her kids attended. Mollie is one of their own, and for the sake of this community, if Mollie was abducted, I really hope it was by a stranger.....
Back to the balloon boy theory

I posted this earlier today......

I am convinced she was taken during her run.

It all comes back to the Fitbit...

- When Tibbetts' Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortved(Mitch Mortvedt, spokesperson for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation) said. Source: Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts

So they got a Fitbit "ping" at the hog farm. In order for the Fitbit to "ping", it was using GPS via her phone. In normal mode, Fitbits do not use GPS. The only way for it to get and use GPS information is for it to be put into an activity mode (running, biking swimming, etc). Mollie's Fitbit's (Alta HR) only activity mode is called MobileRun, which is activated through the Fitbit app on her phone. MobileRun is how one tracks their run, by providing heart rate, distance, and time overlayed on the GPS route data. When one finishes their run, they stop MobileRun(through the Fitbit app on the phone), which then shows the results and allows one to compare previous runs. So Mollie's Fitbit was using MobileRun when it "pinged" at or near the hog farm.

Putting all this together... Mollie activated MobileRun at the beginning of her run but never stopped MobileRun. Combine this with her missing workout outfit, missing headphones, dogs in the basement, and an undisturbed house. I think it is almost certain Mollie was taken on her run. It also explains how LE is confident in their timeline.

Help me here please.

Established is ping gps places fitbit near farm ...
... but info is relayed via synched phone and as such phones themselves could possibly ping any number of towers, not necessarily closest based on number of variables (system load/usage, line of sight, tower maintenance, atmospheric conditions, etc).
... ping places fitbit near farm but we're not clear why and time (if still with MT or if became seperated)
... ping potentially result from running near or driving near up to point phone was no longer on/near/not disabled

Hence possible MT allowed fitbit to remain or prompted it to be in route tracking mode.

Furthermore, no word has been given fitbit or phone have been confirmed located.

Somewhat redundant given the many posts but perhaps consolidating thoughts known and supposed.

No, they have not shared info of an abduction, this is correct. It’s also virtually impossible to leave this country on a commercial flight without leaving a paper trail. If her brand new passport, wasn’t in one of the homes, I’m sure we would’ve heard about it. Because, that’s a whole new scenario.

Followup question: can other people see this information? Is there a network of "friends" or contacts you can add so others can see where you are, your route and your time?

If they log into her online Fitbit account they can. The Fitbit app on a phone periodically syncs with the online account(mine syncs frequently). I'm certain that LE has access to her account so they would be able to see everything up to the last sync.

If they log into her online Fitbit account they can. The Fitbit app on a phone periodically syncs with the online account(mine syncs frequently). I'm certain that LE has access to her account so they would be able to see everything up to the last sync.
Oh crud. That's opening up a whole can of worms for me. So someone could have been stalking her on her app, known her route and when she typically went out? Someone she knew.

The reward money is very interesting. If someone knows something, and is holding out for 330,00 over 312,00, that’s a problem. I can’t imagine anyone holding out at all if they knew something. I dunno.,
The same thing was actually mentioned in Abby’s and Libby’s case...which brought to the table the idea that IF someone knows something, they could be protecting them, for whatever personal reason. Not saying that’s the case, just saying that is what we talked about in the girls’ case.

You would think but if someone knows who the perp is possibly a friend and desperate for money you just never know. That’s why in some cases like Bryce Laspisa for one they kept reward money fairly low. Also you start getting too many false leads and sightings that exhaust LE in sifting through determining which ones are valid and and which ones are not.

KNOX said:Nah, that poster has the option of scrolling & rolling. Not directing others as to what should or should not be posted

sorry ..quote not working for me...but EXACTLY! I don't really like reading the technical stuff of the fitbit over and over..but I can scroll and roll..and I happen to LOVE this forum for many reasons, one being the personal stories people share of their own experiences ..and yes, I shared mine, but you don't have to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jitto120