Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, TX Equusearch is in dire need of donations. Tim is not sure he can keep his organization going.

Texas EquuSearch facing funding crisis
Texas is a wealthy state, and Texans are known for their generosity. More media exposure, a celebrity endorsement, and a should do the trick.

Any PR types want to help this 501c3? It’s a matter of exposure.
Texas will help; very big hearted people.

I was thinking today I wonder how long Mollie's dad Mr. Tibbets and Dalton and all the rest of them will be able to take off work to continue searching for Mollie. Everybody has jobs and I am sure jobs are doing their best without them but that can't go on forever. Everybody has families or themselves to support and it's been three weeks already.
I mentioned that in an earlier post. In one of his interviews RT even mentioned that at some point he was going to have to return to CA and resume his life. I feel horrible for all of them but have to say I feel especially bad for him. MT called him her best friend so was obviously very close to him. The fact that he will be 1000 miles away in CA and unable to be around the investigation in person will certainly bring him much angst. He definitely is a can do hands on guy which is the reason he is at the fair today. He is making as much use as possible of his alloted time here to find his daughter. I'm sure it gives him some semblence of control in a situation which is clearly not in his control. My heart breaks for him. Being a daddy's girl myself growing up I imagine my own dad in this situation and is gut wrenching. It is also the reason I do not think she voluntarily took off by herself or would ever harm herself. She wouldn't hurt her family in general and certainly not her daddy :( It is also what leads me to believe she is no longer among us.

The Feds can enter an investigation if local law enforcement requests them. It doesn’t have to be kidnapping, crossing of state lines, commission of a federal crime, etc. It’s as simple as local LE saying “will you please assist us?” That’s all that needs to happen, and it happens all the time, especially when local law enforcement is under equipped to deal with a major crime.

15 FBI seems like a pretty good turnout. I wonder what the norm is.

All they have is a small part of a person on camera hidden by the gate. :(
Yes that came up during the Casey Anthony case. Some thought it was Casey who had done away with Jennifer. Yes they did and they said the person walking by the gate looked and walked just like Casey. I said 'really'! Talk about a stretch.

So is this thread about Mollie Tibbitts or a general discussion about disappearance and abductions (OTHER than disappearances and abductions that involve sex trafficking?)

It’s so weird to me that someone has to go to a different forum if they think Molly was snatched as part of a sex trafficking operation...but they are apparently encouraged to share general tips and advice on how to avoid abduction and sharing their stories of something kind of similar that happened to them in the 80s.

I mean if that’s the rule, hey...I’m on your turf. Just stating that it seems totally incongruent, inconsistent and bizarre...MOO (that absolves me of having to take a actual position, right?!?)

I don't make the rules or enforce them :) Just try to follow along! Tricia posted trafficking is being discussed amongst the mods again and more info would come tonight or morning. It was always allowed to be mentioned as a possibility but discouraged from elaborating with stats, etc. I'm very familiar with trafficking and actually work with victims so it is a hot button issue to me, particularly when it is thrown around as a go to for largely pretty white women, and almost never is the actual outcome. I'll resist the stats discussion to stay within the rules but nothing about Mollie is indicative of trafficking from my professional opinion. I have no inside investigative knowledge and am only operating on my opinion, thus MOO.

I posted this earlier today, but since you asked...:)

Like any other large-scale government organization, the FBI is very, very structured, but in a nutshell, under the CIRG (Critical Incident Response Group), there is an Investigative & Operations Support Section which includes the NCAVC (National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime) which consists of 5 Behavioral Analysis Units. Behavioral Analysis Unit 4 is known as VICAP (Violent Criminal Apprehension Program).

The FBI’s Critical Incident Response Group (CIRG) provides rapid assistance to incidents in a crisis. Through CIRG, expert assistance is available in cases involving the abduction or mysterious disappearance of children, crisis management, hostage negotiation, criminal investigative analysis, and special weapons and tactics. CIRG also assists in the assessment, selection, and training of FBI undercover employees.

NCAVC staff provide operational support for a range of cases including but not limited to: domestic and international terrorism; threats of targeted violence (e.g., active shooters in schools, workplaces, and public areas or buildings); cyber crime; public corruption; cases involving child victims (child abduction or mysterious disappearances, child homicides, and victimization of children); cases involving adult victims (e.g., serial, spree, mass, and other murders); serial rape; extortion; kidnapping; product tampering; arson and bombing; and weapons of mass destruction.

NCAVC personnel deploy to provide time-sensitive, on-site support to the investigators and managers of complex investigations. All 56 FBI field offices have NCAVC coordinators who handle support and training requests from agencies in their local area.

NCAVC provides the following services:
  • Crime analysis
  • Profiles of unknown offenders
  • Offender motivation analysis
  • Linkage analysis
  • Investigative suggestions
  • Multi-agency coordination
  • Threat assessment and management
  • Interview strategies
  • Search warrant affidavit assistance
  • Prosecution and trial strategies
  • Expert testimony
  • Critical incident analysis
VICAP consists of a database and web-based tool available to law enforcement agencies to connect homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains that may be geographically dispersed, allowing police departments to better coordinate communication and investigative efforts on potentially linked crimes.
CIRG — FBI

We can always count on you for great refs!
While I'm sure it's buried in "incident analysis" or the like, I'm surprised not to see a bullet point for "digital foot print," "technology," "social media," or similar heading considering DCI/LE initial announcement about bringing in the FBI was centered around Mollie's digital equip (i.e., phone, fit-bit, social media, computer, etc), and that local LE did not have the expertise or tools for this [forensic] investigative work. MOO

On a high profile case, can anyone tell me how long would it take to get DNA results?
You can google anything these days:

George E. Carroll
4.5 stars 6 reviews
Criminal Defense Attorney | Universal City, TX

Reveal number
  • Posted on Sep 11, 2014
" style="overflow-wrap: break-word;">

A DNA lab can have the results in a few days if not sooner. The state crime labs are backlogged and overworked so it does take time for them to get results back if not rushed.

How long does it take for D.N.A to come back? - Q&A - Avvo

We can always count on you for great refs!
While I'm sure it's buried in "incident analysis" or the like, I'm surprised not to see a bullet point for "digital foot print," "technology," "social media," or similar heading considering DCI/LE initial announcement about bringing in the FBI was centered around Mollie's digital equip (i.e., phone, fit-bit, social media, computer, etc), and that local LE did not have the expertise or tools for this [forensic] investigative work. MOO
We would need a dedicated thread just for digital forensics, lol. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member