Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we have no shortage of deer in Iowa. Common to see them in harvested corn fields in the Autumn and Winter. Harder to spot them in filled fields but they do dart onto rural roads.

Just a question... Are there many deer in Iowa? There are here in PA - just thinking if someone had front end damage to their vehicle could they pass it off by saying- I hit a deer? In the event that someone else noticed and reported it.

The interactive map on the website appears to be a work in progress as I can't bring up anything on 2 of the sites.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Interesting that LE has pinpointed some areas on the day of Mollie's disappearance. Makes me wonder what LE has in those areas already. Better still if the person responsible for Mollie's is looking at that page, THEY REALLY have to be wondering what LE has and how they got to this point!

Yo! Dirtbag! You, the one responsible for this! Getting nervous yet? :eek:
A page source on that link shows there's no information entered in the coding to give the viewer information...so I have no idea why they included a clickable link, when there's nothing coded for it. Strange.

I think there's no much information, and sadly as stated by many posters, going the same way as Libby and Abby. This is awful. So very scary and so very sad.

Saddened that the best case is she is being held by like Abby Hernandez.... this is awful awful!

Windows are tinted on the trucks I saw in the video. An extended cab means there is technically a back seat with windows, and they typically have doors that open "backwards", only if front door(s) is/are open. The hinges are anchored to the back of the cab, not in the middle. A crew cab has 4 true doors with outside handles. Most guys under 30 know the tint rule and break it without a second thought. They can't pull you over here for just tint.

Last edited:
Wow ---I apologize for writing a long Presser post stating LE still thought she is alive. I have been told they call it a recovery on their website. I was sure the Presser did not call it a recovery, although by now maybe it is.
God Bless you Mollie

The interactive map on the website appears to be a work in progress as I can't bring up anything on 2 of the sites.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Interesting that LE has pinpointed some areas on the day of Mollie's disappearance. Makes me wonder what LE has in those areas already. Better still if the person responsible for Mollie's disappearance is looking at that page, THEY REALLY have to be wondering what LE has and how they got to this point!

Yo! Dirtbag! You, the one responsible for this! Getting nervous yet? :eek:

Maybe one or both of those areas is a decoy and LE is trying to get the perp to come out there thinking he dropped something/messed up

That's what I'm hoping. They're going to have so many people asking them why those 2 dots don't open and what they are!
Very simple page.... I don't even do computer programing, nor build websites, yet this is so basic it's sad. If there is a tracking unit on that page, it's not included in the code.

I don't think I've seen a .gov site recreated by officials in a missing person case. Any one else??

If it was a hit and run, why not just leave her lying there rather then loading her up in a vehicle and taking the chance of being stopped/caught with her body in the car/truck? Or even taking the chance of someone seeing you loading her up? The only other thing I can think of if she was hit, is that she was still alive and recognized the person who hit her. Then they wouldn't be able to leave her there. That would be especially tragic if she was alive and the person didn't call for help because they were more concerned about getting a DUI or whatever.

Questions I have after skimming through post press conference posts(am also hoping sharonneedles sees this)

Does the Casey’s have a car wash? A diesel fueling area?

Does the car was of interest have enclosed vacuums (the kind with the chamber) or garbage cans with the hose vaccuums?
The $3 car wash near me reported at one time a suspicious bag left in the garbage can at the car wash. An employee found it during regular checks of the garbage cans. They need to be talking to car wash employees and ask for any odd items having turned up, or they need to get into those enclosed vacuum tanks.

Very simple page.... I don't even do computer programing, nor build websites, yet this is so basic it's sad. If there is a tracking unit on that page, it's not included in the code.

I don't think I've seen a .gov site recreated by officials in a missing person case. Any one else??
Are you sure you looked closely enough to be absolutely sure? Some hinky code there.

If they had a vehicle in mind...they would release that much, or I should say, LE certainly has in other cases. No point in just hoping LE will come across it on their own. I really think those who think they are fishing for info on a specfic perp are reaching, but jmo. They still don’t seem to have any idea of whaf happened, other probably concluding, like most here, that an abduction took place while she was jogging. Jmo

I agree. With the wisdom/experience of the investigators on this case, the mentions about a car are what grabbed my interest.

The one that stood out the most to me is the possibility of a suspicious someone who needed auto body work, since it is, at a minimal possible, she was hit by a car. It seems, if that angle works out, that may have been the “means” to subdue her.

It’s happened in other cases, as has been brought up here in an earlier thread.

Remember all that about means, motive and opportunity being key in substantiating the identification of a suspect.

Because of the car wash (d&m carwash on the map (https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/) being a location of interest, that may be something on her running route (not sure), or a place to find someone cleaning out evidence in a car. It would be nice to think something evidentiary was found there, but it would be pure speculation at this point.

I couldn’t get any of the other hotspots on the findingmollie site to open any information.

I felt pretty good about the presser, and am just now catching up on the thoughts of others. Not everyone feels the same, but that is Ok.

If a local crime, the use of a local car wash makes sense.

For auto body damage... interesting to think about that angle. Any car fires to report?

If it was a hit and run, why not just leave her lying there rather then loading her up in a vehicle and taking the chance of being stopped/caught with her body in the car/truck? Or even taking the chance of someone seeing you loading her up? The only other thing I can think of if she was hit, is that she was still alive and recognized the person who hit her. Then they wouldn't be able to leave her there. That would be especially tragic if she was alive and the person didn't call for help because they were more concerned about getting a DUI or whatever.

The "hit" to Mollie may have been just to knock her down. That's how Sierah Joughin's killer got control of her. If Mollie knew them, I doubt she would even hesitate to accept their offer of a ride home.

I had my kid look at it. He writes code. Says there isn't. At least not now

They've said they have a good (tight?) timeline, I don't remember the exact word. I'm not sure where the truck stop would fit in, but I'm guessing that her fitbit/GPS trail goes past the car wash, and maybe shows that she stopped there long enough to be talking to someone (rather than just waiting for a break in traffic to cross the street considering where they are.) It may have shown that she was most likely abducted on/near 385th, and the trail ended (somewhere they aren't saying) at about 10. Asking about anything from 5-10, when she didn't get home until 5:30 tells me that they believe the person was probably already in town before MT ever got home, and that it's unlikely that she was spotted after 10. Even if all of that is true, and with the points they have on their map, I have no idea what it means. MOO

Don't you think the website will be getting some posters like some on FB and some other sites?
Unfortunately. Anything with this much attention that is opened to the public is bound to draw some idiots. But I think most people will be respectful unless they really do have something credible.

Does anyone know if there is a truck wash out at the truck stop? At least there should be oodles of CCTV footage from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC