Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be asking a bit too much, but I wonder if SharonNeedles would mind another drive by the locations of interest to see if any cameras are nearby? At his leisure, of course.

JMO.
I am considering that and mapping out a specific route I would take to cover all bases. (I also now know how to merge those files into one - yay me!) But it might be difficult to find an available time, daughters on different softball teams and it’s tournament time again!

In many rural Iowa communities, people have burn barrels which look like large trash cans, but are heavy, thick metal. You can burn trash in them at any time, no permit needed.

When I lived in the "country" (not Iowa, but Louisiana) we did not have trash pick-up. You had to haul your trash to the Parish (e.g County) dump and pay by the load. So, to reduce the volume of trash one has to haul to the dump, you burn everything that isn't metal. This way you could get it down to a monthly dump run with a few bags of empty tin cans. Once a year (or so) you buy a 55 gallon drum, knock some holes in it and you're good to go. No burn permit required in the pine filled Louisiana woods.

Also, my crazy next door neighbor (a disabled master welder who had done 20 years in Angola State Penatentary for murder - Which he ALWAYS referred to as his time in college) was always doing something on his 3 acres of land with a backhoe, and no one thought anything of it if he was out there digging another hole or a pond. The Parish did make him get rid of the acre of junked cars, over groundwater contamination issues; they went to the crusher (which is another way to dispose of a body if one is in a jam - pardon the pun).

We had a mutual friend who lost a bundle of money because of his investment in a race horse farm. The farm was legit, but the property manager was a serial killer who used the farm backhoe to bury his victims on the property. (LE spent a LONG time digging up the place.) That's how you get rid of dead horses, and every big operation has a backhoe parked in a shed somewhere. Most large farms will have a backhoe/skiploader combo on site, or a digger attachment that can be used with a tractor PTO.

In Iowa, a lot of farms have backhoes, and no one would think anything of a farmer digging a hole on his property, and filling it back in. Hey, you gotta have a place to dump the ash and burned cans from the burn barrel, right? If you need a reason for digging a hole, plant a tree. With the right fertilizer, it ought to grow good and strong. If you have the resources and knowledge of the lay of the land, Iowa can be a GREAT place to dispose of a body. I'm sure that my former neighbor, after his 20 years of "college" education would agree.

I'm reposting this new info for those who may have missed it.

Officials Highlight “Areas of Concern” In Search for Mollie Tibbetts

(Snipped)
Detectives are focusing on two areas of rural land north and south of Interstate 80, as well as the TA truck stop at the Brooklyn exit, a country road just west of town and a car wash in town. The owner of D &M car wash tells Channel 13's off camera, he gave surveillance video and credit card transactions from July 18th and July 19th to the FBI.

Quite disturbed by this truck stop business. We had been discussing this since the beginning. Bad, bad feeling...

ETA: do you guys remember on the A&E show in which WS was featured the crazy red and black map, highway killings/trucker related...brain is a mess right now bc I have that awful sick feeling but note to dig back in that needle in a haystack.

It was to work not ride home from work. It would be time sensitive and kind of cutting it close to wonder the morning of about who needs the car or ride when she worked a half an hour drive away. Does he work and is it also in the same town or somewhere else?
I haven't figured out the logistics of the shared car thing, yet. But, I did she where he said MY car.
So, he would consider the onus to be on her, I guess.

We don't know that. It has been unspecified in most articles, and the ones that do specify have been conflicting.

Not for a rural area. Could be a garden hose and a Dysin plugged in. More likely attached to a gas station.

Thank you and Quill and ACG2x for your input. I obviously have little knowledge about rural America haha. I'm just trying to picture how many people could possibly be in this tiny car wash in this tiny town at a time for LE to want witnesses from this area.

If the predator is not from the community, then as mentioned several times it seems he would be in the area for work or perhaps visiting somebody. If not, then he might have specifically been out “hunting”.

Might he have been traveling the back roads and not the highway for a reason.

Any past cases yet that we can possibly connect as similar? We could be looking at years back...

With the lack of shopping nearby, I bet there are tons of UPS and FedEX (example only, not pointing a finger) deliveries in town and in the rural areas.

We do not know when the snapchat was sent. We know when it was opened

What I'm saying is that if what Marie224 says is correct-- that they asked her mom if she was in a home at 9:45 because of the Snapchat-- then that would lead you to believe that is when it was sent. All theoretical, obviously. We have no idea why her mom was asked that or even if she remembers this conversation exactly as it was.

What I'm saying is that if what Marie224 says is correct-- that they asked her mom if she was in a home at 9:45 because of the Snapchat-- then that would lead you to believe that is when it was sent. All theoretical, obviously. We have no idea why her mom was asked that or even if she remembers this conversation exactly as it was.
We don't know he got one. We are going on his word since it disappears after 10 seconds

When I lived in the "country" (not Iowa, but Louisiana) we did not have trash pick-up. You had to haul your trash to the Parish (e.g County) dump and pay by the load. So, to reduce the volume of trash one has to haul to the dump, you burn everything that isn't metal. This way you could get it down to a monthly dump run with a few bags of empty tin cans. Once a year (or so) you buy a 55 gallon drum, knock some holes in it and you're good to go. No burn permit required in the pine filled Louisiana woods.

Also, my crazy next door neighbor (a disabled master welder who had done 20 years in Angola State Penatentary for murder - Which he ALWAYS referred to as his time in college) was always doing something on his 3 acres of land with a backhoe, and no one thought anything of it if he was out there digging another hole or a pond. The Parish did make him get rid of the acre of junked cars, over groundwater contamination issues; they went to the crusher (which is another way to dispose of a body if one is in a jam - pardon the pun).

We had a mutual friend who lost a bundle of money because of his investment in a race horse farm. The farm was legit, but the property manager was a serial killer who used the farm backhoe to bury his victims on the property. (LE spent a LONG time digging up the place.) That's how you get rid of dead horses, and every big operation has a backhoe parked in a shed somewhere. Most large farms will have a backhoe/skiploader combo on site, or a digger attachment that can be used with a tractor PTO.

In Iowa, a lot of farms have backhoes, and no one would think anything of a farmer digging a hole on his property, and filling it back in. Hey, you gotta have a place to dump the ash and burned cans from the burn barrel, right? If you need a reason for digging a hole, plant a tree. With the right fertilizer, it ought to grow good and strong. If you have the resources and knowledge of the lay of the land, Iowa can be a GREAT place to dispose of a body. I'm sure that my former neighbor, after his 20 years of "college" education would agree.
Yeah, you posted this the other day, I remember that.

With the lack of shopping nearby, I bet there are tons of UPS and FedEX (example only, not pointing a finger) deliveries in town and in the rural areas.

Good thought.

Would they make evening/nighttime deliveries?

Again I can’t help but wonder if he was leaving a bar.

Where’s the closest liquor store? What is the status on “dry counties” near by?

ETA: any chance she could have signed for a package and he came back? I guess LE would know this if that occurred...

Last edited:
I think overlaying these four locations in top of witness sightings, on a map. Might tell us something.

I'm reposting this new info for those who may have missed it.

Officials Highlight “Areas of Concern” In Search for Mollie Tibbetts

(Snipped)
Detectives are focusing on two areas of rural land north and south of Interstate 80, as well as the TA truck stop at the Brooklyn exit, a country road just west of town and a car wash in town. The owner of D &M car wash tells Channel 13's off camera, he gave surveillance video and credit card transactions from July 18th and July 19th to the FBI.

It was to work not ride home from work. It would be time sensitive and kind of cutting it close to wonder the morning of about who needs the car or ride when she worked a half an hour drive away. Does he work and is it also in the same town or somewhere else?
I haven't figured out the logistics of the shared car thing, yet. But, I did see where he said MY car.
So, he would consider the onus to be on her, I guess.

I also noticed that........ I feel he used the correct terminology in his eyes.
I feel MT would of seen it differently. At there ages sharing a car don't work well.

I know nothing about snapchat so forgive me..
My understanding is , there is no way to know when it was sent.
If that is correct, how would LE know what time to ask her Mom about?

We don't know why LE asked that question or how it was worded

Is this carwash the typical, small town,all hours, coin operated, wash-it-yourself type? If so, they are typically pretty low-key and almost look abandoned unless someone is using them. At least, that is how they are in my neck of the woods. That is what I keep picturing. Has a picture of this carwash been shared here and I missed it? I am picturing the typical 2-3 bay cinder block construction with no frills as opposed to the mechanized type you find that are actually manned with employees and have general business hours.
there were pics last night but they were removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member