Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastilla said:
"I thought the same. Talking to your dad for three hours when everything is great in your life (and his?) ... Not impossible, but certainly not typical ..."

Marie224 said:

I posted an article earlier and Dad explained, they were used to having long conversations, weekly, because that's how he co-parented from a distance/California and how he kept up his relationship/bond with his 3 children after the divorce. He didn't talk to them every day but when he did connect with them, it was a meaningful conversation.

I'd only add to Marie224's reply that these days they probably are not having an actual phone call. It's more common among people to FT with people so you can actually see them. I could see them doing this, especially RT since he wants to feel a part of their lives. All three kids are probably there sitting around have a family conversation together vs a one on one with dad speaking individually with each kid. When you think of it that way, it's like the family spending an afternoon together so 3 hours is not long at all.

Owutatangledweb said:
After viewing sharonneedles videos, I'm in line with MrTs opinion about looking for a Truck or someone who bought a lot of beer or alcohol that night or within the days before. The only trucks I can imagine going through there are grain trucks. The town had a fairly large grain elevator. sharonneedles can correct that assumption if I'm wrong but that's what it looked like

LE can't and won't assume to look exclusively for grain haulers. The highway 80 I believe it is called is actually a highly traveled trucking route so long haul/cross country truckers carrying various hauls would be aware of it and frequent it. That is what makes that particular possibility very overwhelming when you consider the transporting that goes on during that area on any given day. It is not just the truckers with full loads but you could have truckers ahead of schedule on a pick up or drivers that have already unloaded and hanging around that might do a layover there.

Someone on the last thread made a comment that they are paid to do this job. I can't believe some people believe this. Not only local LE but that of all the other agencies involved DO have a vested interest in bringing this investigation to a conclusion. For goodness sakes folks, these are people we are talking about here. They have wives and kids and family members. They entered LE to SERVE AND PROTECT not just THEIR family but your's as well. They signed up for this. Do not forget that some agencies actually were not asked to join the investigation but volunteered to assist. That is not just someone doing their job. That is up and beyond the call.

Over the years I have had close friendships with several in LE at various levels local and federal and I can honestly say that I have no doubt in my mind some of those men and women go home at night unable to sleep and are willing and do put in extra hours to solve this. Remember you and I can walk away at any time. They can't and are not. They are living and breathing this case and any other one they work on the entire time. Not to mention the cases that end sadly. One of my investigators I knew worked personally on the Martha Moxley case when it happened. He remained tortured about it for the 30 years it went without prosecution. He was right there when MS was arrested and followed things until he passed away. Please, never say this is just a job to them or if they can not have a quick resolution, it is because they do not have enough skin in the game. They have more skin in the game then you or I and we aren't giving up. Have faith. Things take time.

The phone calls were routine between them, mentioned below:

From Oakland to Iowa, Mollie Tibbetts' family relies on two communities and clings to hope

Sounds like how dad and kids visited with each other weekly.

Mollie did not bring this on based on any little tini morsel of info available, humbly stated.

Who was around her, where and when matters though.

Last edited:
Thank you , ChuckMaureen. We have our answer.
So do we know for sure that they have changed it to "Recovery?" This means they are now looking for a body, correct? It would explain the look on the family's faces, especially her mom at the very end. It appeared to me that reality is sinking in. She has been so strong all along, it would also explain her silence lately.

at the bottom it says:
If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
Interesting.
He did say in the PC that they have searched the entire city and ABROUD
at the bottom it says:
If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
Interesting.
in the PC he did say that they have searched every place in town and ABROAD. That struck me. She had planned to travel abroad. He did not say the town and surrounding towns.. abroad was an interesting choice.... IMO

Since the car wash appears to be on the same route she was spotted by a town resident, just east of where he reported seeing her, possibly the car wash is of interest just to locate a suspicious vehicle. Seems a perfect place to hang out and not be noticed. Either this vehicle noticed Mollie earlier and was tailing her, or they happened to be there as she passed by and then followed her. If she continued straight, the area becomes a bit more remote and easier to bump and abduct. jmo
I thought someone said the car wash was surrounded by houses. Is it a remote spot or not? I can't remember seeing it the video.

He did say in the PC that they have searched the entire city and ABROUD

in the PC he did say that they have searched every place in town and ABROAD. That struck me. She had planned to travel abroad. He did not say the town and surrounding towns.. abroad was an interesting choice.... IMO

I took the "abroad" comment as relating to the Dominican Republic, to where MT was supposed to travel and also to other possible destinations (standard national security search, think: recruitment), since she recently obtained a passport. At least we know the FBI is being thorough in that aspect.

I think Sharon Needles would have to respond to that question, I am directionally impaired and can't find my way down a one way street without getting lost(true story).
I wish we would here from him. But so many people have seen that video I was hoping they would know.

It isn't the same meaning when dealing with LE seeking a human or animal. LE "rescues" a live person. LE "recovers" a body.

Hmmm - Did I miss wherein LE stated they've ascertained that MT is deceased and thus, it's now a 'recovery' situation (to use your parlance of that word?).

That is the kind of information I was hoping to sort out... that the map on https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/ matches a potential Mollie running route. If it didn’t, I would be even more curious on what it means. I think some of the hotspots might fall out of her running range, and rely on the awesome mapmakers here to sort it out.

Also take in to account the FBI's MT page indicates she was last seen on "Pershing Drive".

respectfully snipped for space
Owutatangledweb said:
After viewing sharonneedles videos, I'm in line with MrTs opinion about looking for a Truck or someone who bought a lot of beer or alcohol that night or within the days before. The only trucks I can imagine going through there are grain trucks. The town had a fairly large grain elevator. sharonneedles can correct that assumption if I'm wrong but that's what it looked like

LE can't and won't assume to look exclusively for grain haulers. The highway 80 I believe it is called is actually a highly traveled trucking route so long haul/cross country truckers carrying various hauls would be aware of it and frequent it. That is what makes that particular possibility very overwhelming when you consider the transporting that goes on during that area on any given day. It is not just the truckers with full loads but you could have truckers ahead of schedule on a pick up or drivers that have already unloaded and hanging around that might do a layover there.

And I think they should check each and every grain elevator, because one of them had a closing date of Aug 1st for grain dropoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova