Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibility exists, in my mind, that after her run she would have gone straight to her mom's house. Why go back to boyfriend's if only to go back out to get car...if in fact she normally picked up her car the evening before work. If she also planned to spend the night there, since she had a room and clothes at her mom's as well, she could have left enough for the evening and following morning.

I agree with this ( as long as she didn’t need her glasses to drive ) OR the alternative option that she was taking advantage of her housemates being away to do something out of the ordinary. (Not necessarily nefarious, just not typical when her bf was around).

Mollie lived in Brooklyn for >10 years. She had lots of friends there. Perhaps she stopped off at "a house" to visit someone.

That's very possible gliving. What if she stopped off at someone's house while in the middle of a run that she THOUGHT she knew and things somehow things turned ugly. Then they spent all afternoon covering it all up and placing the Fitbit and phone at another location (like WC's farm) to lead FE away from them? But I would think LE would have known all the houses (and people who lived in them) that were located on her run. I would think everyone would have been interviewed by LE in that area. LE could have already done that and have someone in mind. But if their house is clean and no evidence there is nothing they can do right now. Maybe that's what LE is trying to do. Maybe they have an idea of who done it but can't pin it on them due to no evidence. Just MY thoughts on that. In that case LE would have known about when Mollie was grabbed I would think (because the Fitbit would have started probably acting funny I am guessing as soon as Mollie's heart rate went all haywire when she was grabbed).

I wanted to make an observation and get some feedback.
DJ noted when he returned to the home at whatever time that was on the timeline, that the dogs had plenty of food and water.
Up thread, people had noted that labs and most dogs will eat constantly if food is available.
So, for an evening, a night, a morning, and up until he arrived, there was still plenty of food left? How darn much did she leave, and why? Is this an indication that she was leaving for a prolonged period of time, thereby indicating prior intent?

Or have I missed this being discussed in previous threads?

I had the feeling that maybe the quote about the dogs having plenty of food & water wasn't meant to be a literal, timeline-assisting measure of what was remaining in the bowls but rather an assurance to the dog-lovers that the dogs were not starving or otherwise harmed.

Is there any reason Mollie would need to stop by the high school? I noticed it was near one of the spots on the map. There seems to be a lot of blue on people in photos and press, as well as spirit wear. I sure it is a small town thing (I am far from knowledgeable of small town culture) but even dad has worn a lot of blue . Curious if there might be significance in it.

What I've learned from reading here and on MSM is that she lived with her boyfriend AND at her mom's for the summer. I think her boyfriend lived there full time with his bother and fiancée. Not sure and have not read what his plans were after she returned to school, or after the wedding for that matter. I agree though, what newlywed couple wants someone living with them full time?

DJ said she was staying outside her mom’s because her mom’s either didn’t have AC or the AC didn’t work so well. It’s been reported that Molly has asthma, which might mean she’s prone to seasonal allergies. In rural Iowa in August these might be miserable especially without AC. She may not have wanted to be at her moms even for a couple of weeks for the remaining of the summer .

New York 625,
I couldn’t find it - what were the details?

Hmmmmmm.....after today I’ve branched out to a much more random person involved.

I think it is random in the sense the person has not planned for a long period of time but I still think it is a local who knew the area, people's schedules, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...nd-areas-in-and-around-brooklyn-iowa.amp.html

Police added the University of Iowa sophomore was last seen jogging in the Brooklyn area that evening and “there have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time.”

The other highlighted areas are in the vicinity of Tibbett's boyfriend's home, where she was staying at the time she vanished, and two sparsely-populated tracts of farmland only accessible by dirt roads.

One of the farm areas is right next to Big Bear Creek, a waterway that originates 20 miles northwest of Brooklyn, in Gilman. From Brooklyn, the creek runs another 20 miles Northeast to Marengo, where it empties into the Iowa River.

DJ said she was staying outside her mom’s because her mom’s either didn’t have AC or the AC didn’t work so well. It’s been reported that Molly has asthma, which might mean she’s prone to seasonal allergies. In rural Iowa in August these might be miserable especially without AC. She may not have wanted to be at her moms even for a couple of weeks for the remaining of the summer .
That I didn't not know, about the AC. I did read she had asthma. I still believe, however she was going to her mom's during/right after her run. I can't see her putting the dogs in the basement for a 45 minute jog around town. I know she had open invite to dinner and guess needed to get the car. I don't recall hearing anything about where her car keys were either, though. jmo

I had the feeling that maybe the quote about the dogs having plenty of food & water wasn't meant to be a literal, timeline-assisting measure of what was remaining in the bowls but rather an assurance to the dog-lovers that the dogs were not starving or otherwise harmed.
We also don’t know when brother and fiancé returned

No the bit about timeline was me using the opportunity to note there is no timeline that tells you when the first person to arrive at the home even was.
I know that's what he meant. It was to make it known that the dogs were OK. I was just observing what else it might portend.

As far as I know, all options are on the table as to what happened. LE is discounting NO ONE and NOTHING as a possibility.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...nd-areas-in-and-around-brooklyn-iowa.amp.html

Police added the University of Iowa sophomore was last seen jogging in the Brooklyn area that evening and “there have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time.”

The other highlighted areas are in the vicinity of Tibbett's boyfriend's home, where she was staying at the time she vanished, and two sparsely-populated tracts of farmland only accessible by dirt roads.

One of the farm areas is right next to Big Bear Creek, a waterway that originates 20 miles northwest of Brooklyn, in Gilman. From Brooklyn, the creek runs another 20 miles Northeast to Marengo, where it empties into the Iowa River.
Doesn't the first paragraph confirm she was not home after her run doing homework or sending snaps? Jersey girl living in Jersey here, btw.

Here it is. Car/deer crash on Old 6 in Brooklyn. It happened on the 19th.
The logs are on the Poweshiek Sheriff’s department’s SM site.
Thanks—I found it also. What do the Open Line/hangups mean? There are lots of them. Has anyone tried to map these 911 calls? Are any near Mollie’s jogging route or other important places?

New York 625,
I couldn’t find it - what were the details?
Car/deer crash on Old Rt. 6 in Brooklyn on the 19th. They don’t give further details. You would probably have to request a copy of the report from the police department to get further details.

Attachments

• 6DBD0A67-3F17-4343-86CD-9EA8C705D69A.jpeg
    6DBD0A67-3F17-4343-86CD-9EA8C705D69A.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 18
Doesn't the first paragraph confirm she was not home after her run doing homework or sending snaps? Jersey girl living in Jersey here, btw.

To me, it confirms that nobody saw her since she was seen jogging.
It really doesn't say anything more to me

We know according to posters who use snapchat that the message could have been sent anytime, but it was opened around ten.
I really don't know where the homework thing came from , maybe her computer told LE something.

I just don't know

Thanks—I found it also. What do the Open Line/hangups mean? There are lots of them. Has anyone tried to map these 911 calls? Are any near Mollie’s jogging route or other important places?
There are loads of them on all the logs. They seem like a common occurrence. Hopefully they check each location they originate from as they do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz