DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

images
link

*Stay on topic

*DO NOT sleuth or post personal information about non-POIs (including a wedding registry, realty information, relationships, marriage information or anything else about their background even if it is public unless it is in MSM)

*Post using initials for all the case players (family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors,etc.) as much as possible

*DO NOT post asking if a particular person has been cleared

*DO NOT post judgemental posts about Mollie or anyone in her family as this is not victim friendly

*DO NOT post screenshots

I really can't take credit! Thank you for your contributions. :)

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
  • Mollie was a creature of habit
  • Dalton sent her a text in the morning and she did not respond
  • This was the second night that Mollie was alone in the house
  • There were no vehicles in the driveway (as there usually would be)
  • Her driver's license and debit card were at the house
  • Usual evening routine: run, shower/eat or eat/shower, homework, bed
  • No signs of a struggle or forced entry
Thank you for the last one @Stippling.

UPDATED 8/12/2018:

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  • Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  • She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • The dogs were in the basement
  • She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • She went for a run at 7:30
  • She usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s
  • She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS

The forum software is being worked on and I have not been able to moderate some posts on the previous thread. Some posts are pushing up to the line on not being victim friendly with insinuations and disparaging family members.

Be mindful that Websleuths is a victim friendly site and post accordingly or face the loss of posting privileges.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.
Rules - Etiquette & Information

Please click thank/like this post to indicate you have read it.

Last edited:
I posed a question after the last Presser. Did LE mention the reward on their own or after a question from the media. Someone wrongly stated after a question from the media.
LE mentioned it on their own and after a question from the media. LE was kind of dismissive; not wanting to talk about the reward when the media asked about it.

My theory: Mollie leaves home around 7:30 p.m. for her jog with her fitbit, cellphone and wearing her jogging clothes. She heads east on Des Moines Street and makes turn to the south on West Pershing. She continues on to Clay Street where she turns south. At the time she makes it to the car wash at the corner of Clay and 2nd Street the perp has already came into town, passed the truck stop where he is captured on camera and is atop the railroad bridge on Clay Street where he sees Mollie make the turn on to 2nd street, passing the camera at the car wash. He knows the area and can see her jogging down 2nd and knows that 2nd Street ends at a cornfield and also has streets that run parallel. He sees her make the turn on to Mills Street and takes the first parallel street before Mills, which is Williams. He can see her across the park approaching the intersection of Pleasant and Mills. He even has time to wait at the park as she approaches. When she approaches he pulls in front of her and grabs her and heads down Pleasant heading west to Boundary Street. He turns north on Boundary Street and makes the turn to 385 heading east. He knocks her out near the corner of 385 and V21 and that is where the fitbit registers no movement or increased heartbeat. He takes her south on V21 and disposes of her and/or the cellphone around route 85. Perp either leaves area or goes back to Brooklyn a couple hours later and enters town the same way, passing the truck stop and maybe stopping to wash his car of all the dust on the way back in to town or stops at Casey's for a drink. This theory accounts for every red spot on the FBI map. I take the eyewitness testimony with a grain of salt. I posted the possible jogging routes below and of course, my theory has slight variations.

Attachments

• mollie jog 1.jpg
    mollie jog 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 48
  • mollie jog 2.jpg
    mollie jog 2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 51
To clarify the wifi network questions from the last thread, your phone will only connect automatically to secure networks if they are set to do so. Even if it was an unsecured network, your device will not automatically connect to it unless it is set to do so. It will first nitify you that networks are available, and ask you to select the network to connect to. That said, if her phone was trying to connect to a wireless network, that would mean the phone would be powered on. If a phone is powered on then it will constantly attempt to ping cell towers nearby. This being the case, law enforcement would be able to triangulate her location using cell tower pings. So the wifi network info. Is moot.

My theory: Mollie leaves home around 7:30 p.m. for her jog with her fitbit, cellphone and wearing her jogging clothes. She heads east on Des Moines Street and makes turn to the south on West Pershing. She continues on to Clay Street where she turns south. At the time she makes it to the car wash at the corner of Clay and 2nd Street the perp has already came into town, passed the truck stop where he is captured on camera and is atop the railroad bridge on Clay Street where he sees Mollie make the turn on to 2nd street, passing the camera at the car wash. He knows the area and can see her jogging down 2nd and knows that 2nd Street ends at a cornfield and also has streets that run parallel. He sees her make the turn on to Mills Street and takes the first parallel street before Mills, which is Williams. He can see her across the park approaching the intersection of Pleasant and Mills. He even has time to wait at the park as she approaches. When she approaches he pulls in front of her and grabs her and heads down Pleasant heading west to Boundary Street. He turns north on Boundary Street and makes the turn to 385 heading east. He knocks her out near the corner of 385 and V21 and that is where the fitbit registers no movement or increased heartbeat. He takes her south on V21 and disposes of her and/or the cellphone around route 85. Perp either leaves area or goes back to Brooklyn a couple hours later and enters town the same way, passing the truck stop and maybe stopping to wash his car of all the dust on the way back in to town or stops at Casey's for a drink. This theory accounts for every red spot on the FBI map. I take the eyewitness testimony with a grain of salt. I posted the possible jogging routes below and of course, my theory has slight variations.
Where are you getting the information from the fitbit data showed INCREASED heartrate?? This is the first I have heard of any data info. being released.

To clarify the wifi network questions from the last thread, your phone will only connect automatically to secure networks if they are set to do so. Even if it was an unsecured network, your device will not automatically connect to it unless it is set to do so. It will first nitify you that networks are available, and ask you to select the network to connect to. That said, if her phone was trying to connect to a wireless network, that would mean the phone would be powered on. If a phone is powered on then it will constantly attempt to ping cell towers nearby. This being the case, law enforcement would be able to triangulate her location using cell tower pings. So the wifi network info. Is moot.

Not entirely, you can also use which WiFi networks were showing up to help narrow down the location along with triangulation.

Thanks you so much! That does help!

Carrying over from last post this by Earnjul11
New

Exactly. The purpose of emergency contacts is not to track people down if they don't show up for work. Someone not showing up for work is not an emergency. They are really more there in case there is an emergency with the person while they are AT work.
I kind of disagree with this. Yes, the point is to call the contact in case of an emergency. But, one night I was really sick and accidentally slept through my alarm the next morning. I am NEVER late to work, and because I am responsible, my co-workers became very worried after I didn't come in on time. They called my mom, and eventually someone got ahold of me to confirm I was okay. I feel like Mollie is very responsible, so being late to work, not showing, and not calling and explaining why would indicate a serious red flag that something is wrong.
------

Don't you think that on a normal day things would have been handled differently? I do. On that day, they were trying to load everyone for a trip and everything that entails with a group of children. It was not a normal day and no one reacted as they normally would have. As they were running around, watching children dart about eventually someone who had DJ's phone number in their own phone -- remember they were not back at the office with access to those records -- called DJ. Probably someone was back at the office, but that person might not have realized Mollie had not shown up for work. Nothing was done as it normally would have been. I wonder if maybe one or two of Mollie's co-workers or superiors might have had her phone number in their own phones, but probably not her emergency contact info. So, while they probably tried her a time or two, they likely didn't have any other number to try.

UPDATED 8/12/2018:

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Mollie’s jogging clothing is missing – pink sports bra, black shorts & running shoes
  • Mollie’s devices are missing – cell phone, armband, FitBit and white earbuds
  • She has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • The dogs were in the basement
  • She typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • She went for a run at 7:30
  • She usually runs for 45 minutes
  • A digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • Video footage was collected from various businesses, including Casey’s
  • She may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Her driver's license, passport and debit card were at the house
Reported Sightings
  • NH, 7:30 pm - W Pershing Dr
  • RT, time unknown - W. Des Moines – walking east, would have to go N or S
  • DR, 8 pm - East 2nd Street - jogging west toward Casey’s
DC, time unknown, West St - told by LE (not an actual sighting) that MT jogged past his house and made it home

FBI poster indicates that Mollie was last seen running on Pershing Drive.
MOLLIE CECELIA TIBBETTS
Cecilia, I think, Popmom?

Thank you so very much for maintaining this list, your unwavering attention, updates and more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member