Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory: Mollie leaves home around 7:30 p.m. for her jog with her fitbit, cellphone and wearing her jogging clothes. She heads east on Des Moines Street and makes turn to the south on West Pershing. She continues on to Clay Street where she turns south. At the time she makes it to the car wash at the corner of Clay and 2nd Street the perp has already came into town, passed the truck stop where he is captured on camera and is atop the railroad bridge on Clay Street where he sees Mollie make the turn on to 2nd street, passing the camera at the car wash. He knows the area and can see her jogging down 2nd and knows that 2nd Street ends at a cornfield and also has streets that run parallel. He sees her make the turn on to Mills Street and takes the first parallel street before Mills, which is Williams. He can see her across the park approaching the intersection of Pleasant and Mills. He even has time to wait at the park as she approaches. When she approaches he pulls in front of her and grabs her and heads down Pleasant heading west to Boundary Street. He turns north on Boundary Street and makes the turn to 385 heading east. He knocks her out near the corner of 385 and V21 and that is where the fitbit registers no movement or increased heartbeat. He takes her south on V21 and disposes of her and/or the cellphone around route 85. Perp either leaves area or goes back to Brooklyn a couple hours later and enters town the same way, passing the truck stop and maybe stopping to wash his car of all the dust on the way back in to town or stops at Casey's for a drink. This theory accounts for every red spot on the FBI map. I take the eyewitness testimony with a grain of salt. I posted the possible jogging routes below and of course, my theory has slight variations.

O.K. lets go with that; but it's been suggested that she did homework on a laptop after her run; also there might be other mobile phone data that might contradict your scenario.

I have a quick question for anyone familiar with Iowa’s highways. I noticed two of the red dots can be connected by Highway 21. However, one is north and one south of Interstate 80. Is there an underpass that allows this hwy to pass beneath Interstate or do you have to enter/exit 80 to continue on this highway?

She was either abducted on her jogging route or when she got back to the house. I'll bet she left the house unlocked. Doesn't matter there are NO CLUES and nothing going on. If her father is going back to California, that is really depressing. seems like he has been keeping everybody going.

O.K. lets go with that; but it's been suggested that she did homework on a laptop after her run; also there might be other mobile phone data that might contradict your scenario.
Ok, "suggested" and "might" being the operative words in your statement. We know what we know when we know it. Just my theory for now.

My theory: Mollie leaves home around 7:30 p.m. for her jog with her fitbit, cellphone and wearing her jogging clothes. She heads east on Des Moines Street and makes turn to the south on West Pershing. She continues on to Clay Street where she turns south. At the time she makes it to the car wash at the corner of Clay and 2nd Street the perp has already came into town, passed the truck stop where he is captured on camera and is atop the railroad bridge on Clay Street where he sees Mollie make the turn on to 2nd street, passing the camera at the car wash. He knows the area and can see her jogging down 2nd and knows that 2nd Street ends at a cornfield and also has streets that run parallel. He sees her make the turn on to Mills Street and takes the first parallel street before Mills, which is Williams. He can see her across the park approaching the intersection of Pleasant and Mills. He even has time to wait at the park as she approaches. When she approaches he pulls in front of her and grabs her and heads down Pleasant heading west to Boundary Street. He turns north on Boundary Street and makes the turn to 385 heading east. He knocks her out near the corner of 385 and V21 and that is where the fitbit registers no movement or increased heartbeat. He takes her south on V21 and disposes of her and/or the cellphone around route 85. Perp either leaves area or goes back to Brooklyn a couple hours later and enters town the same way, passing the truck stop and maybe stopping to wash his car of all the dust on the way back in to town or stops at Casey's for a drink. This theory accounts for every red spot on the FBI map. I take the eyewitness testimony with a grain of salt. I posted the possible jogging routes below and of course, my theory has slight variations.

The problem that I see with this route is that the 2nd Str. witness saw Mollie heading West towards Caseys. Are you discounting the witness on 2nd Str?

I am not a technical person, and am trying to understand all this technical stuff. That being said, does the above post mean that her location can be traced only if the cell phone is turned on? In other words, if a perp turned off the phone and or removed SIM card, that would be the last time any data was retrieved? There would be no other information beyond that moment and time?

Carrying over from last post this by Earnjul11
New

Exactly. The purpose of emergency contacts is not to track people down if they don't show up for work. Someone not showing up for work is not an emergency. They are really more there in case there is an emergency with the person while they are AT work.
I kind of disagree with this. Yes, the point is to call the contact in case of an emergency. But, one night I was really sick and accidentally slept through my alarm the next morning. I am NEVER late to work, and because I am responsible, my co-workers became very worried after I didn't come in on time. They called my mom, and eventually someone got ahold of me to confirm I was okay. I feel like Mollie is very responsible, so being late to work, not showing, and not calling and explaining why would indicate a serious red flag that something is wrong.
------

Don't you think that on a normal day things would have been handled differently? I do. On that day, they were trying to load everyone for a trip and everything that entails with a group of children. It was not a normal day and no one reacted as they normally would have. As they were running around, watching children dart about eventually someone who had DJ's phone number in their own phone -- remember they were not back at the office with access to those records -- called DJ. Probably someone was back at the office, but that person might not have realized Mollie had not shown up for work. Nothing was done as it normally would have been. I wonder if maybe one or two of Mollie's co-workers or superiors might have had her phone number in their own phones, but probably not her emergency contact info. So, while they probably tried her a time or two, they likely didn't have any other number to try.
As a teacher I can attest to how crazy field trips are and because field trips are so hectic, you count on every hand you can get...especially if it’s another teacher. Mollie was probably assigned to be watching a group so that alone would have caused me panic if I had to scramble to find another adult to chaperone a group.

Last edited:
I have a quick question for anyone familiar with Iowa’s highways. I noticed two of the red dots can be connected by Highway 21. However, one is north and one south of Interstate 80. Is there an underpass that allows this hwy to pass beneath Interstate or do you have to enter/exit 80 to continue on this highway?
I-80 passes over Hwy 21 with exit ramps to get on or off from either direction.

From the previous thread:

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27
bbm
LE can image the phones of those she communicated with and get the content of her texts.

That assumes all the people MT communicated with via phone are people who can be located by LE. What if one or more of those people are unknowns?

If MT had communicated with a someone who was purposely using a throw-away phone and that someone was not a known person LE would not have access to that someone's phone and therefore, no access to content, and LE is unable to review text message content on MT's phone because it is still missing.

Crud, nevermind.

She didn't - she never made it home from the run. Every piece of info collected so far plus the places and timeframe LE asked for help within validates this. The homework deal was early on in the investigation and comes third hand from a neighbor who LE questioned and suggested it may have happened. That was MT's second night in the house so LE could've been referring to her doing homework on the night before. Again, we're hearing this third hand filtered through a media source.

The specific timeframe LE is asking for help with on the Finding Mollie website is between 5-10 PM on 07/18. Right after 5 PM is when she was dropped off at the house by her brother and 10 PM is around the time that DJ opened the Snapchat she sent him - not necessarily when it was sent. If she started a run at 7:30 PM and went for even say an hour and made it back home and LE wants info about anyone who was at a truck stop near the next town over before 10 PM, there is no way she made it back home and was taken after that. There's no way she could've gotten in the area of the truck stop by 10 PM.

Her being taken on the jog is the solution that requires the least amount of mental gymnastics and leaps. Thus, IMO it's the correct one.

Ok, this is making less and less sense the more replies there are to it. Waste your time with wifi.

Your time would be better spent making a bonnet out of that tinfoil. It might help with the reception to your brain.

No offense.
From my understanding, a digital signal lead LE to the pig farm, which they visited numerous times. That along with LE asking the mother about being inside a house at 9:45 pm and there being other southern points of interest just makes me want to understand the digital signals better. That's all.

Come to think of it, a tinfoil bonnet might look really awesome.

Last edited:
I am not a technical person, and am trying to understand all this technical stuff. That being said, does the above post mean that her location can be traced only if the cell phone is turned on? In other words, if a perp turned off the phone and or removed SIM card, that would be the last time any data was retrieved? There would be no other information beyond that moment and time?

Correct. If that. The fitbit won't do anything by itself. And if and how often it would upload any data to any server is yet another question - if at all. Depends on how people use them and how they are set up. The whole situation could be as basic as having a few pings to cell phone towers before the phone was off for whatever reason. And those could potentially be very inaccurate in a rural area.
How much data if any is stored with the service provider and/or Apple is another question. And if it exists it may not be officially available unless you're looking at cases of national security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC