Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE thought she may have come home I think the time period would include overnight hours, as far as asking if anyone saw her.

As for searching, it really needs to be done outside of Brooklyn, as much as 15 miles or even 20, to allow for a local to drive her away and be back in a short period so as not to be missed. People in that range especially are the ones who should be told to search their lands and outbuildings. Even a non-local would drive her away but not want her with in his vehicle longer than necessary. What if he had a fender bender or was pulled over for a missing tail light?

I do think it is someone local or local-ish and that their absence was not noted. He could have been out of pocket for as little as 90 minutes or so, maybe less. 8:30-10pm maybe. Even if a “regular”at the local bar showed up at 10:15pm instead his usual 8pm, for example,who would really connect that? But they should think back to things like this...was anyone not where you would expect to find them at about 9pm?

<modsnipped quoted post>
He is a construction worker and has claimed to be up very early for work. I believe it after watching the workers who built our screened porch last summer. Hot, long and hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnipped quoted post>
He went to work at 4:30 AM and worked in construction all day. I would not be surprised if he fell asleep on the work site. Not that anyone said he did. Just that 9:45 PM, when someone has to get back up at 4:30 is a reasonable time to fall asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that your 7 pm scenario is possible. But I still believe the LE statement to be too vague to figure out whether or not MT returned to house or not. The LE statement is simply explaining what they knew at that time and communication term is vague as to whether it included digital communication. All we seem to know is that brother dropped her off at 5:30 pm, some eyewitness accounts of MT on jog during the evening and the dogs were found in the basement by BF when he returned the next day. As doors were unlocked always it seems like she could have returned after jog and either left later that evening with someone she knew or didn't know, continued doing homework until the late evening online or offline and simply not on SM as she was jammed finishing a paper or project or put the dogs in the basement in the morning and left for work with someone. She didn't need to communicate, either verbally or digitally, after her jog. Even though she was very active on SM, maybe this is what LE meant by 'getting to know MT' that maybe she did have periods where she went radio silent on SM. I don't know the answer to any of this but I don't 100% see the conclusion that she never made it home based on the statements we have in MSM and from LE to date.

I am rethinking some things tonight, JoJoJo, after considering after her brother dropped her off at her boyfriend’s brother’s house, where she was house sitting or dog sitting. Here’s a link to a timeline in the media The latest on missing college student Mollie Tibbetts, although I know more accurate ones are available here.

A quote from above link:

5:30 p.m.: Tibbetts' older brother, Jake, dropped Mollie off at her boyfriend's house, where she was still staying alone with the dogs. Investigators said Jake Tibbetts is not a suspect.

7:30 p.m According to a "reasonable timeline" constructed by authorities, Tibbetts went for a jog around this time and was seen running on the city streets of Brooklyn.

That’s the information I was looking for on what she was last seen wearing by her brother (I think?) vs and what is established by eye witnesses on what she was wearing while running later.

There is something about the change in clothes. Did she have a laundry hamper to put them in or throw them in a corner - did she fold her clothes up ready again to wear back to work the next day? That might be a clue. From what I understand, she only had two work shirts.

Off here for tonight, but the original story about the red shirt and blue jean shorts has not been cleared up in my mind either.

Someone please tell me about the clothing description change. Seattle said post #232 but what thread. Enquiring minds want to know. TIA.

When you live an hour away fom your university, that means you are taking an online course.
I don't know where the other students sharing this course live, but it has to be a certain amount for the class to hold. You often are interacting sometimes in joined discussions, sometimes independent and sometimes you have a TA as well as a professor to interact with. Also sometimes you have to meet in person with someone else. Just saying, she did have a life outside of her small town.

Do the online classes have lectures or podcasts? Something you have to listen to? I was wondering if Mollie was listening to a podcast, via her phone, while running. It was a Roman Civ class.

Someone please tell me about the clothing description change. Seattle said post #232 but what thread. Enquiring minds want to know. TIA.
The #232 post was many threads ago, and the mods do not want discussion about the black SUV. If someone now mentions it, it's a #232 post.

In your example, I'm not sure how LE could determine "active" from "inactive". Seems that they would be seeing the 11pm active status as well. Doesn't mean she was physically there and typing at 11pm, but without pre-existing software on her local machine, how does one determine whether she was or wasn't?

JMO.

On Facebook, you are "active" when the webpage is open unless you choose "inactive" status. In my example, she could appear "active" because the browser window was left open but LE would see based on her browser history that she was idle and the last time a page was refreshed was hours earlier.

Note I'm not saying this did happen, or is what I think happened. I'm just giving an example for how LE might have thought (and told the family) one thing on day 1 of the investigation but once further investigations were done their timeline changed.

So I have been personally involved in 2 Major crimes. 1) best friends parents kidnapped then murdered. It ended up being a lifelong acquaintance that lived in apt on property that Bubbie built for him. The LAST LAST person anyone would of guessed... 2nd, my dad has big home in small town. He had been away working for a months. My sis and I went there for the weekend to check on it and hangout. We were robbed! While sleeping. A gunshot woke me but I didn’t hear anything else so fell asleep. Morning, go downstairs ROBBED! By armed people. Turns out it was step niece’s boyfriend!! They did not expect us to be there. They even knew where a spare key was from having seen the niece use it in past.. those things make me suspicious that someone was watching her and knew her habits OR someone was watching that house in general and THOUGHT no one was home. JMO.

I'm someone, I am not talking about the black SUV. I am talking about the clothing description change. I read about the black SUV and that it was legit. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Is it possible to open an account under one name, close it, then open an account under another user name without being detected? In other words, could someone do that and be completely untraceable?

I don't know about untraceable, but we had a VI banned on a case I follow in MI (Ally Brueger) who then came back under a different name - but was very obviously still him. Banned again and thread locked until further notice.

Do the online classes have lectures or podcasts? Something you have to listen to? I was wondering if Mollie was listening to a podcast, via her phone, while running. It was a Roman Civ class.

Yes, they certainly do! I've taken several online programming and mathematics courses. Both had videos explaining the subject material, complete with narration. Mollie could have been listening to course material whilst running.

Since LE has opened the investigation to include the TA Truckstop (and there is another nearby). I don't think MT would run down to the Truck Stops. That would mean they now are including stranger abduction. What do you see at Truckstops? It is mostly but not always trucks. On her route, if there were a semi on one of those streets, someone would have noticed... especially if it were sitting there idling which is what they usually are doing. The second most common thing I see this time of year is RV's and quite a few that tow a car behind. Sometimes RV's are driving together with people in a car nearby. I can't discount that there were 2 or more people involved, and possibly more than one vehicle in this scenario. In my view, the RV towing a car makes the most sense. They detach the car and drive around the area, leaving the RV parked. The car (like a Jeep) would be far less noticed than a semi driving down residential streets. It could sit there parked, and may have done so a few times, noticing MT's running schedule. Somehow getting her near or willingly into the vehicle, it gets reattached to the RV, driven down a road where they can then put her inside of the RV, bound, etc. At that point she could be alive or not. The RV could be registered in any state and then go in any direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friesandchips