Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would question the 5:30 sighting. She was just being dropped off by her brother at this time. As for FB and removal of posts..who knows? Could be her family removing things that are painful or contradictory. One of them must be in charge of her page now.
Originally they did say she was jogging at 5:30 but quickly changed it and stuck with the second time frame. Also, if this info is coming from FB I don't know that it would be accurate.

We would all hope so.
But in a Serial situation, there is often only the next victim to lead Law Enforcement to any possible link in those cases.
They are active all the time, as we well know.
I am not saying this is what happened to Mollie.
I'm just thinking about it.
She was mistaken for a child of 10 once wasn't she?
FBI statistics show how often the public is completely unaware of an offender in their general area.
Also many of them roam and they are transitory in nature.
I think the man in the sketch from the Delphi, Indiana murders looks like he could be a lineman, an electrician that works out on the road for many days at a time. This thought did not originate with me.
The TIP electrical co-op is so close to where MT was staying.
I am not pointing a finger at anyone, just thinking out loud as always.
jmo
The lineman makes sense - and for the first time, I can see how the TIP co-op could have something to do with this case. We know the perp has to be able to support himself, and what a perfect job for him. I'm sure he gets to know the back roads and forested areas very well, in addition to scoping out future victims.

JMO

I honestly feel that there is some aspect of Mollie's case that alerted LE and the FBI to the most serious nature of this case in the beginning on or about the time DCI came in on the July 20th and FBI on the 24th. What explanation is there for 30-40 FBI agents converging on this small Iowa town?
State, federal investigators involved in search for missing UI student Mollie Tibbetts

Also, the manpower has been there pursuing this aggressively for over 4 weeks now. FBI would have gone home quick IMO if it was a small town local offender. I don't recall how long the FBI was in Evansdale (anyone know off hand?) but for Delphi girls they left on March 23rd, so about 40 days boots on the ground trying to solve the murders. That had the makings to be a solvable crime, after all.

We will see & I suppose time will tell.
JMO

edit...I deleted because I think what I said may not be allowed

Last edited:
Uhh, that was pretty darn good for not being good at it. I'm terrible at it, and you lost me on the second turn. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about the gravel road that turns into a dirt road near the home belonging to the fiancee. I can't really see the maps well, but in the video Sharon took, as you are heading towards the electric co and car wash, before that is a gravel road on the left. Do you know the name of that road? It is the one he said goes straight to Grinnell. I keep asking, but I can't find an answer. Maybe you can tell me!
at the end of West Des Moines, 385 ave is a gravel road for a bit until it runs into Historic US 6 which goes to Grinnell.

Uhh, that was pretty darn good for not being good at it. I'm terrible at it, and you lost me on the second turn. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about the gravel road that turns into a dirt road near the home belonging to the fiancee. I can't really see the maps well, but in the video Sharon took, as you are heading towards the electric co and car wash, before that is a gravel road on the left. Do you know the name of that road? It is the one he said goes straight to Grinnell. I keep asking, but I can't find an answer. Maybe you can tell me!
That's 385th/W. Des Moines

During the video, @SharonNeedles reported that locals would possibly take that road to Grinnell. He also suggested that Mollie would likely not run there as it was dirt, gravel and had some pot holes. It runs into Historic 6 and goes directly to Grinnell, and also runs past her boyfriend's house the other direction.
Thank you!! That's what I was looking for.

Really? How do you improve your times? I was running 125 mile weeks for ages for my marathons and ultras

You increase your pace and mileage. I started out at 30 minutes and built up to an hour. At first I was running 3 miles and by the time my marathon was at hand I was running 5 miles during those runs. I increased my long mileage every Saturday except for fall back weeks. My program was about increasing the distance my first go round. I improved my times in my second year of training even though stayed with that same training program. I actually took 40 minutes off of my first half time in 6 months.
Like I said, it was a great training program with on-site coaches every Saturday.

JMO

I honestly feel that there is some aspect of Mollie's case that alerted LE and the FBI to the most serious nature of this case in the beginning on or about the time DCI came in on the July 20th and FBI on the 24th. What explanation is there for 30-40 FBI agents converging on this small Iowa town?
State, federal investigators involved in search for missing UI student Mollie Tibbetts

Also, the manpower has been there pursuing this aggressively for over 4 weeks now. FBI would have gone home quick IMO if it was a small town local offender. I don't recall how long the FBI was in Evansdale (anyone know off hand?) but for Delphi girls they left on March 23rd, so about 40 days boots on the ground trying to solve the murders. That had the makings to be a solvable crime, after all.

We will see & I suppose time will tell.
JMO
I thought it was 14 FBI agents and 40 total investigators (with the FBI included in that count)?

That's 385th/W. Des Moines
Thank you. Can't see the maps well on my phone so I appreciate it. I wasn't necessarily thinking she jogged down that road, just that it may have been an easy get away for a perpetrator , and was trying to figure out if she would have been jogging near there in that time frame. I will look again at your directions and try to figure it out.

Something I’ve not heard discussed, and of course it very well could have been. Apologies if so. Such a quickly moving discussion. And because I don’t have much more to add to the scenario during and after her disappearance. What about before 5:30? Just to look at her routine. Did she have the car all day? If so, she’d have had to pick her brother up somewhere. Does he have a job? Did she pick him up at work? Or did she go to her mom’s to pick him up? Or did he pick her up at, say what? 5:00 when she’d finished work? Then he drops her off at 5:30, she takes care of house and dogs, leaves for a run with the intention of picking up the car for the next day and same scenario with brother?
It was my understanding that her brother gave her a ride home from work, so my assumption was that someone had to have driven her to work that day and she did not have the car. So, maybe she got a ride to work that day from her brother. If she didn't get a ride to work from her brother that morning, then she might have been getting rides from other people. Maybe her brother wasn't sure if she was going to need a ride the next day because she sometimes finds rides with other people. Or maybe the brother was going to be off the next day and didn't need the car, so he was confused when she didn't come get it but assumed her plans changed. We haven't been getting any details about their carpooling arrangement. All we know is that they shared a car and that sometimes Mollie took her boyfriends truck, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, 6 days a week is the norm I would think, allowing that necessary rest day. My training plan was pretty cool with coaches and classes. 40 weeks taking you from 1 mile all the way to 26.2. Such an amazing experience. 4 days of running a week. 3 days during the week of no more than an hour on your feet, 2 days of cross training, 1 long run that was pretty well scheduled run with a large group and then 1 rest day. Of course it was for everyone including beginners and was not going to get you elite times.

I wonder if Mollie was following a training plan or she was just winging it. If she was following some sort of training plan, she undoubtedly had an established routine which means that someone could have watched her and waited for their opportunity. We know how regimented we get on our plans when there is a goal in sight.

I am on a break from running right now due to IT band syndrome. Since I run on some isolated stretches, I'm glad I'm on a break right now. I think I might be a bit spooked at the moment.
I don't think she was a serious runner or training for anything. She ran in school, cross country or something like that, but since then jogged for exercise and enjoyment. Also she did have asthma so that may have prevented her from persuing it further.

If someone could post the link to MSM article that got the idea started that MT doesn't drive I think it might help understand this entire issue better as we have clear evidence from MSM and family interviews that she does drive and shares the car with her brother. Repeating the idea that she doesn't drive is a distraction from the discussion IMO.

Articles I've read said MT routinely drove to work in the am in the car she shared with her brother. MT Mother was quoted as saying that she would routinely walk over to pick up the car in the morning in order to drive to work. Articles also mention that her BF gave her rides to work or she borrowed his truck and drove herself to work. We haven't yet seen any of the friends come forward in MSM that might have given her rides to work in the past or might have been scheduled to give her a ride that morning. MT father said in People Magazine,
“She’s smart, she works hard and she is very poised, but her world is a mess and she has attitude and she can’t drive to save her life,” he says of his daughter. “She’s just a young woman like everybody else’s daughter, sister, or girlfriend. She’s not Saint Mollie, is what I’m trying to say. But we need her back.” To me this quote is saying that she isn't the best driver in the world but it makes it clear that she does drive.

Deleted. Info previously posted.

Last edited:
I live in a small, rural town and we have had 3 young women go missing over the past 8 years. We had a huge FBI presence for each one, even though 2 of them turned out to be domestic issues. In a small town where LE basically consists of 4 people, the FBI is regularly brought in where there is a missing person who might be in danger.
Any idea how many agents? I am guessing by huge you mean analogous to the # of FBI in her case.

Another aspect I find strange is we were told the number of agents who were brought in. Maybe this is SOP & many of us questioning it simply don't know this is SOP.

OR perhaps because this was garnering so much media attention nationwide, LE brought in more than usual. Even if this amount, this fast, is SOP, I still feel it's hinky.

Plus, all the vanished women who never became a huge headline like Mollie. I get it her family is moneyed, & fit certain other demographics. They know how to navigate systems. But hey, if those of us second-guessing this aspect of the case are wrong, I hope so. I hope this is solely about one twenty year old female.

IF LE thought there was a connection between Evansdale and Brooklyn, wouldn't they warn the public in some way..more than they have?
IMO no. No SK is stupid enough to do anything in the same location so soon. Or they feel they will catch him before he strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico