Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the same question with the same logic. Iirc someone said because of possible theft out of the payment box.

Which makes no sense. The check is made out to the co-op. You can't cash it. There are ways of removing ink from checks, but if someone is that sophisticated, they're going to wear a ski mask.

I know everybody says they have read about the cameras being down. The problem is that I cannot find any evidence of this being fact. This isn't the first time rumor became fact in this thread, remember the SUV.

The employee list went down because some people started harassing the employees.

The bottom line is that if there was CCTV of Mollie at some point during her run, police would be able to say what she was wearing. They can't. Also, if there was footage, it's very likely that it would be posted if only to give the public a better idea of what Mollie looked like that day.

What we know is that Mollie went jogging at 7:30, and she was seen running East on W. Pershing Drive. We don't know where she was abducted, but presumably it was a short time after that sighting. Given the dots on the police map, points of interest are W. Pershing Dr., and also directly East of Brooklyn. I think we can all agree that as soon as Mollie was abducted, she was taken out of Brooklyn on a road with less traffic.

The dots on the map relate to possible locations of the abductor, locations of Mollie, and possible locations where Mollie and the abductor were together. I think we can assume that the two dots on the right side of the map correspond to locations where Mollie and the abductor were together. People who live in Brooklyn need to think carefully about those five locations on the map.

How can those who don't live in Brooklyn figure out where the abductor took Mollie after the digital signature stopped near Guernsey? What do we know that helps us figure out his next move?

Attachments

• Mollie 385Avenue.jpg
    Mollie 385Avenue.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 27
The bottom line is that if there was CCTV of Mollie at some point during her run, police would be able to say what she was wearing. They can't. Also, if there was footage, it's very likely that it would be posted if only to give the public a better idea of what Mollie looked like that day.

What we know is that Mollie went jogging at 7:30, and she was seen running East on W. Pershing Drive. We don't know where she was abducted, but presumably it was a short time after that sighting. Given the dots on the police map, a points of interest are W. Pershing Dr., and also directly East of Brooklyn. I think we can all agree that as soon as Mollie was abducted, she was taken out of Brooklyn on a road with less traffic.

The dots on the map relate to possible locations of the abductor, locations of Mollie, and possible locations where Mollie and the abductor were together. I think we can assume that the two dots on the right side of the map correspond to locations where Mollie and the abductor were together. People who live in Brooklyn need to think carefully about those five locations on the map.

How can those who don't live in Brooklyn figure out where the abductor took Mollie after the digital signature stopped near Guernsey? What do we know that helps us figure out his next move?
Property he was familiar with in that area ?

Which makes no sense. The check is made out to the co-op. You can't cash it. There are ways of removing ink from checks, but if someone is that sophisticated, they're going to wear a ski mask.
It didn't make sense to me either unless some pay with cash in an envelope.
Where I live we have our mailboxes broken into constantly. It's a big deal around here.

Well, there are two bottom lines. One is all the suspicion about co-op employees disabling the camera to abduct Mollie is bunk.

The other is that the camera wouldn't necessarily be pointed at the street where she was jogging. Security cameras are meant to protect company property. So it may point at the drop box, or where trucks are parked, etc.

What we know is that Mollie went jogging at 7:30, and she was seen running East on W. Pershing Drive. We don't know where she was abducted, but presumably it was a short time after that sighting. Given the dots on the police map, points of interest are W. Pershing Dr., and also directly East of Brooklyn. I think we can all agree that as soon as Mollie was abducted, she was taken out of Brooklyn on a road with less traffic.

Great post Otto!

If there are cameras that presumably connect to a DVR and are possibly accessible remotely, then someone may have had the ability to monitor real time or recorded video. Could any of the video ever contained footage of MT? If so then who had the ability to view the footage? Looking close to home is not far fetched. It is logical. IMHOO

Property he was familiar with in that area ?

True, but how do we know what that is? Was he driving along I-80 and stopped at the truck stop by chance, or did he need to get gas? Is that typically where he gets gas? Did he go to Brooklyn for a carwash? Did he typically go to Brooklyn for a carwash?

If he doesn't live in Brooklyn, but is familiar with the town, who typically goes to Brooklyn on a Wednesday evening and why?

It didn't make sense to me either unless some pay with cash in an envelope.
Where I live we have our mailboxes broken into constantly. It's a big deal around here.

That still wouldn't make a difference. The envelope could have had $5 or $50 in it, you can't tell from the camera footage, and the co-op is going to want their money regardless.

Yes! You always eloquently explain what my brain thinks.

He was familiar with the area and would not attract attention.

He was familiar with the road system outside the Brooklyn area. He had traveled these road many times before. He was someone the townsfolk talked to, he knew the gossip and the scuttlebutt.

He also knew hidden places, maybe hunted or fished. Maybe spent a lot of time riding around and just looking - I do that a lot.

If he doesn't live in Brooklyn, but is familiar with the town, who typically goes to Brooklyn on a Wednesday evening and why?

Some possible answers to your great questions Otto,
a) go to church himself (doubt it)
b) drop someone off at the church
c) drop SOMETHING off at the church for the church services that night. (food, flowers, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member