Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really a coin toss as to whether I think she is alive or has expired. I say this because I know the massive amount of stress and trauma the human body can endure. In the right setting someone could be kept on IV fluids, antibiotics, and entral feeding for years! It's a scary thought. Some weirdo could have a barn full of women.

As I recall from the post, it was less about her age etc and more about a pink piece of clothing.

Thats what I was wondering as IMO she dont look like she's 12. But I been told that I am not supposed to ask questions regarding it. It's being presented as fact and used to fuel (conspiracy) theories.

I'm just wondering if she ran farther than we're assuming. Here are pictures of two possible routes. In one, it would be a circle from/back to the BF's house. In the second, it would be from the BF's house to her mom's. (The map generated addresses where I dropped points, so I blacked them out. And I cut the route off before it actually reached her mom's house as not to post exactly where her mom lives.)

The circle route is 2.3 miles. The route to her mom's house is 2.1 miles.

Mollie's track records from HS are posted online. In the 1500 meter (so, a little less than one mile), she ran it both times around 7 minutes. In the 3000 meter (so, less than two miles), she ran it in under 15 minutes.

So, for those of you who were in track and still run, how different would her jogging speed be from her track records? Would someone who could run a mile in less than 7 minutes jog at a pace of 20 minutes per mile?

Thanks for doing this!

From the satellite images, it looks like if she took a right onto Clay St from North St., she could take a little sidewalk pathway into her mom’s neighborhood. There is an open area through which the sidewalk goes. I’ve long wondered about that.

I also find it strange that there didn't appear to be concern when the text didn't have a response considering she had to go to work.
Guys... in small town, rural Iowa, it is not strange at all to walk across town for any reason. Especially in a town you’ve lived in most of your life. A town that is dotted with realatives and friends along the way. It is not strange for teen siblings to share a vehicle. I have three teenaged children, very close to the ages and spacing of Mollie and her brothers. My children do not each have their own vehicle. They share. They work out their school/ work/ and personal schedules with each other and one day doesn’t look the same as the next. It’s messy, it’s sometimes chaotic, but my kids always figure out a way to get where they are going. Sometimes they grab a ride with friends, sometimes a neighbor. I don’t keep track of their daily schedules, as it would be impossible. That’s on them and they are always responsible and arrive on time. Mollie’s mother is giving her children space and life skills by letting them learn to manage time, rides and relationships. Mollie’s mom has deep roots in Brooklyn. Nothing like this has ever happened there. Nothing like this happens in small rural Iowa towns and our kids have lots of freedom. Please think outside the cultural norms of your urban towns. I’m sure the LAST thing Mollie’s brother thought was that something terrible had happened to his responsible, reliable sister. He most likely thought, “Eh, she probably caught a ride with a friend.” Nothing about this situation seems like an abnormal response by anyone in her family. People here have a farming mindset. We are relaxed, friendly, and time moves slow. There has never been a reason for panic in Brooklyn until now.

The running route should be extended to a radius of 3.5mi, 7 mile total run I think ... This would be the distance for a long slow distance when in the first few weeks/months of half-marathon training. If that's the case, the time frame would be extended and there wouldn't be so much unknown in the 5hr window ... 7 miles at 10:30-11mm is almost 1.5hrs of running. And did she run with fluids? Stop somewhere for a quick drink? Do a 3 mile loop and pop in the house for a sip?

I just gotta ask something that was my first impression in this case 3 weeks ago then related it to the FBI website when first I saw it.
First of all, I have no idea when Mollie was taken, abducted, got in a car IF she ever actually was IN a car when she went missing. I still am wondering if the 5 points aren't the perimeter of the FBI search area.
Isn't Iowa considered a tornado state, therefore having storm cellars? And since I'm older than dirt, I remember when I was little and Russia was threatening to bomb us, that many people with land had bomb cellars that doubled as storm cellars. Are there any of these within that perimeter?

The running route should be extended to a radius of 3.5mi, 7 mile total run I think ... This would be the distance for a long slow distance when in the first few weeks/months of half-marathon training. If that's the case, the time frame would be extended and there wouldn't be so much unknown in the 5hr window ... 7 miles at 10:30-11mm is almost 1.5hrs of running. And did she run with fluids? Stop somewhere for a quick drink? Do a 3 mile loop and pop in the house for a sip?
Well DJ said her normal run was about 45 minutes.

I just gotta ask something that was my first impression in this case 3 weeks ago then related it to the FBI website when first I saw it.
First of all, I have no idea when Mollie was taken, abducted, got in a car IF she ever actually was IN a car when she went missing. I still am wondering if the 5 points aren't the perimeter of the FBI search area.
Isn't Iowa considered a tornado state, therefore having storm cellars? And since I'm older than dirt, I remember when I was little and Russia was threatening to bomb us, that many people with land had bomb cellars that doubled as storm cellars. Are there any of these within that perimeter?

OldLadyBlues, I remember someone way back in the threads mentioning a storm cellar. Actually I think there were a couple of posts on threads very far back.

There was a case a while back with a SK by the name of Todd Kohlhepp. He had kidnapped a girl and had her chained up inside a building (they almost did not find her). The found her on his property (which was huge and fenced in) by her cell phone pings. They also found other buried bodies. They also found out he had murdered other people (in cases that had went cold). They are still investigating him for other unsolved cases. He was also a Real Estate agent. But the thing is he was actually in the process of building a HUGE hidden storm shelter on his property to hide bodies. Thank goodness that never happened.

But I was thinking about the storm cellar too. What if a guy had a storm cellar and that's where he is keeping Mollie and possibly others captive or that's where he is putting bodies to hide them where no one will find them (kinda like a storm cellar that is HIDDEN). JMO.

Guys... in small town, rural Iowa, it is not strange at all to walk across town for any reason. Especially in a town you’ve lived in most of your life. A town that is dotted with realatives and friends along the way. It is not strange for teen siblings to share a vehicle. I have three teenaged children, very close to the ages and spacing of Mollie and her brothers. My children do not each have their own vehicle. They share. They work out their school/ work/ and personal schedules with each other and one day doesn’t look the same as the next. It’s messy, it’s sometimes chaotic, but my kids always figure out a way to get where they are going. Sometimes they grab a ride with friends, sometimes a neighbor. I don’t keep track of their daily schedules, as it would be impossible. That’s on them and they are always responsible and arrive on time. Mollie’s mother is giving her children space and life skills by letting them learn to manage time, rides and relationships. Mollie’s mom has deep roots in Brooklyn. Nothing like this has ever happened there. Nothing like this happens in small rural Iowa towns and our kids have lots of freedom. Please think outside the cultural norms of your urban towns. I’m sure the LAST thing Mollie’s brother thought was that something terrible had happened to his responsible, reliable sister. He most likely thought, “Eh, she probably caught a ride with a friend.” Nothing about this situation seems like an abnormal response by anyone in her family. People here have a farming mindset. We are relaxed, friendly, and time moves slow. There has never been a reason for panic in Brooklyn until now.
I completely agree with this, i'm from a small town 1/2 the size of Brooklyn and the mindset is the same.

Her dad implied she was a bad driver, so she probably didn't drive unless she had to. Personally, I don't drive unless I'm going to work or going somewhere without my boyfriend. I hate driving, and I'll admit I'm not the best driver. Driving is a challenge for me, and it's something I'd prefer to avoid. I got the sense from her dad that Mollie was the same way. She probably chose to walk/run places around town instead of drive (I do that - even if it's a distance, I'd rather walk than drive). She probably preferred to hitch a ride to work rather than drive herself unless she absolutely had no choice (couldn't get a ride that day for whatever reason) so I wouldn't read too into her brother not being alarmed by Mollie not responding to if she needed the car. She could have had a carpool list lined up in order to avoid driving herself. (This is information we do not have, simply my own speculation - obviously police have left this detail out, since anyone who's ever driven Mollie to work would be sleuthed by the public if they released this detail).

While all of that is possible, knowing the culture of this area I think the fact that she seldom if ever drove would have been included in her initial profile because it's kind of a big deal in these parts. Understand that this is a town with no Wal Mart, no fast food or pizza place, no movie theater, few jobs, and no public transportation. People have to drive if they want to get anywhere so those who don't are notable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico