Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they never stop looking till she is found. I know statistically, there's a good chance she may not be alive. But think of Elizabeth Smart, Shawn Hornbeck, Gina DeJesus and the other women held with her, or that girl taken by Phillip Garrido. If that were me, my biggest fear would be that people would presume me dead and stop looking.

Oh absolutely. I don't how I'd go on as a mother without a body - dead or alive. I'd HAVE to know that I could or couldn't stop looking. Otherwise I'd go nuts.

Just to be clear (but maybe you aren’t referencing to my post?), I don’t mean there a lack of witness. I mean a lack of someone saying oh I snap chatted her at 6pm or we texted at 9pm. That’s what I mean. But if you weren’t referencing my post my apologies. But just wanted to make sure I was clear.

No, I wasn't referring to your post. And I agree, there seems like there should be more 'witnesses' that she snap chatted or texted , if she was just sitting alone in that house. My kids are 'in communication' at all times on their dang phones. It's second nature for them to multi-communicate.

Last edited:
To expand, I mean that they dated for a few years. If he was controlling or aggressive, insecure, etc. Someone would have picked up on it.
Hopefully so, but you never know what goes on behind closed doors (an intimate relationship is between two people only). The Geneseo NY murder by seemingly great local guy with no past history of controlling or aggressive behavior still happened with same type of circumstances where no one in the small town or friends could see it coming.

I'm losing hope they'll find Mollie. Sorry to say this but that's reality.
These cases can be so heartbreaking and frustrating.
We don't know at all what happened to her. We can only guess that she was abducted but we don't know. We keep trying to make sense out of the unknown.
I do not think she ran away. I do not think she committed suicide. That leaves 2 options. She was either abducted or someone accidently ran into her with their car and hid her to not get caught. Any other thoughts?

Snipped

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people...ohio-college-student-boyfriend-testifies/amp/

Worley has a history of abducting women: In 1990, he pleaded guilty to attacking and abducting a woman who was riding a bike, according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE. He was released on parole in 1993.

During their investigation, police feared Worley was a serial offender. Authorities searched Worley’s property for additional remains but did not turn up any.

This post deserves a repeat!

I think you are on to something Ilovemy3boys! This would explain the 15 FBI and extended search of the pig farm. I think they are possibly looking to solve more than one disappearance

Wasn’t there another pig farmer/ murderer who was more recently released , like in the last few years? I remember his face and completely white hair, bearded and unkempt. His face actually looked piggish to me. Not trying to be insulting but it really did.

hi everyone! i am completely new to this site so i apologize if it takes me a while to get the hang of it. i have been very invested in this thread (as well as #1 and #2) for a while and figured it was time to finally join the discussion. i've been completely distraught and heartbroken over this case, however, i am always hopeful. anything can happen, and frankly there's a lot we don't know so anything is possible. the press announcement (my bad if that's not the correct term for it) from LE is tomorrow, correct? i hope we finally get some answers and details, without compromising the investigation of course. keeping Mollie and her family in my thoughts tonight, we are about the same age.

REMINDER:

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

The latest update from authorities was that they are not ruling out abduction and that Tibbetts' boyfriend is not a suspect, and neither are her brothers or the boyfriend's brother.
Kriegel told ABC News that Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects.

Posts containing accusations against them will be removed and may result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

hi everyone! i am completely new to this site so i apologize if it takes me a while to get the hang of it. i have been very invested in this thread (as well as #1 and #2) for a while and figured it was time to finally join the discussion. i've been completely distraught and heartbroken over this case, however, i am always hopeful. anything can happen, and frankly there's a lot we don't know so anything is possible. the press announcement (my bad if that's not the correct term for it) from LE is tomorrow, correct? i hope we finally get some answers and details, without compromising the investigation of course. keeping Mollie and her family in my thoughts tonight, we are about the same age.

I said good night earlier but ended up doing some work and am checking back in before really going to sleep. Just wanted to say welcome to websleuths

yes, the presser is tomm according to a report I read earlier

Oh absolutely. I don't how I'd go on as a mother without a body - dead or alive. I'd HAVE to know that I could or couldn't stop looking. Otherwise I'd go nuts.

It’s my experience here that the missing person’s family never gives up. I don’t know if you are familiar with the Jessica Heeringa case but Jessica has been missing since 2014 and her family have never stopped looking for her. She would have turned 30 a short while ago. I hope and pray Mollie will not be missing for the same length of time. I do wonder if the same type of perp in Jessica’s case has taken Mollie I hope not.

Thank you to all of you for caring about Mollie and her family. If you live in Iowa or surrounding states please share that she is missing on your Facebook and social media if possible. I wish there was more we could do to help.

If anyone finds out the time of the press conference (if one is indeed happening) can you please post the time here thank you.

The similarities have not gone unnoticed here. It's not just the same time of year. It is the same day. The latitude and longitude where Ce was taken and Brooklyn Iowa are basically the same. GPS the coordinates of Sierah's home (where she was taken outside) and Brooklyn, Iowa. It is a straight line. It is the most bizarre thing. There are MANY people that feel that Worley had an accomplice. There was unknown DNA on Sierah, and at the barn. Mollie's BF is in construction, so is Josh. They are all the same age also.

Does Worley have a son or a brother? I did notice the date and also the proximity to I-80. Sierah's town was a few miles north and Worley's to the south. Brooklyn IA is a few miles north and they are searching a few miles south. I fear this case is headed to the same outcome. My heart truly goes out to these families. I can't even imagine their pain.

I'm losing hope they'll find Mollie. Sorry to say this but that's reality.
These cases can be so heartbreaking and frustrating.
We don't know at all what happened to her. We can only guess that she was abducted but we don't know. We keep trying to make sense out of the unknown.
I do not think she ran away. I do not think she committed suicide. That leaves 2 options. She was either abducted or someone accidently ran into her with their car and hid her to not get caught. Any other thoughts?

Agree with you and yes. Breaks my heart.

My fear at this point we find no Mollie. On a very real note has now been over a week and we just don’t have anything. Not that we know of.

Not going into all possible scenarios...just the one I want. And that’s mollie alive. Period.

I’m from Iowa & this seems crazy to me. This is supposed to be the safe place. What is happening in this world nowadays?
Life is happening and nowhere is considered a "safe" place. We live in a rural Heartland area. We had a cantaloupe thrown through a floor-to-ceiling window in our L.R. six years ago and that $500+ prompted us to get cameras and action.

Hmm...Karina Vetrano's killer is 20 years old. Vanessa Marcotte was killed by a 31 year old. The fact that the Fit Bit was missed leads me to believe this perp is someone older.

I too thought the perp was older due to missing her Fitbit.

My initial thought when they released that they had tracked her Fitbit info was that they had people in mind and thought they would go back to retrieve that Fitbit from her and follow them.

Those corn rows freak me out. It's sort of like looking for a needle in a haystack...although she could be anywhere. I hope they find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave