Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing forward, from the last thread. In my very humble opinion, which is minuscule in importance, there are only a few things to take solace in:

1. Her family now knows where she is.
2. She did not do anything intentional that broke her family's hearts(at least I believe this), ie: suicide, leaving on her own accord, drug overdose, so many possibilities now that can be completely ruled out now.
3. Now they can at least restart the grieving process, being in limbo this long had to be extremely stressful and probably impacted everyone's health.
4. She is not suffering.

That's all I've got right now. I probably will never add to the list, because this outcome is the worst case scenario and has no real silver lining. Rest in Peace, MT.

I think that LE will catch this guy if they haven't already. It seems to me that the area near where she went missing had very likely already been searched pretty thoroughly. In MOO if she was found very close to where she went missing that would mean her body has very recently been put there. It would be very obvious to the medical examiner how long she had been outside exposed to the elements. To me, this means that the perp is indeed local. The last thing someone from out of town would do is risk getting caught by putting her body back where he abducted her. If the don't already have a suspect than you can bet every home near the location will be searched and DNA will be collected, let's hope she fought like hell and got some evidence. Also, it should be pretty easy to either rule in or out a connection with Abby or Libby if they have DNA.. all this MOO

Just bumping my own post from the end of last thread for all new members.
[Also if you came here for this case, please stick around because even if they aren't local to you, your thoughts are needed and appreciated.
We all get hurt and drained after these outcomes, but I know everyone will be glued to WS for updates and hoping for justice.
So new members, please don't go. Take a rest if you need one then join us later on another case thread.
In the meantime, I am joining all of you in sticking to this thread til the very end. Hopefully in a courtroom! #justiceformollie and everyone else]

I have not liked how le as handled this case from the start and I usually dont second guess them.

We don't know how they handled it all, we were only privy to things they said in press conferences, and basically nothing else. People have speculated up the wazoo, as is typical, but what we actually know about the investigation is precious little. And that's how it always is in criminal cases. The public will never be told more than is absolutely necessary. Curiosity isn't a right to know.

I so hope whoever did this knows that their time is ending. They will pay for what they did. Another senseless death. I'm so sorry to all those that are hurting after her death.
@AnaPisces I share your thoughts and you know I love you.
Grief never takes a holiday it seems. :(
865630-bigthumbnail.jpg

We don't know how they handled it all, we were only privy to things they said in press conferences, and basically nothing else. People have speculated up the wazoo, as is typical, but what we actually know about the investigation is precious little. And that's how it always is in criminal cases. The public will never be told more than is absolutely necessary. Curiosity isn't a right to know.
They told people what to look for 3 weeks later, did not dispel rumors and let things run rampant.

I've been a follower of Websleuths for quite some time and have been reading and watching this case since Thread 1, but only recently became a member and this is my first post.

My heart sank this morning when I checked for new info, as I do every morning, I was still holding out hope for a different ending to this story. I pray for swift justice for Mollie, her family, friends and community. May she Rest In Peace.

I am anxious to see what information LE will have to share this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07