Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y’all think she was found this morning or several days ago? I know we’ll find out at 5.
Curious what y’all think.

Everything I read said she was found today. I can’t imagine her dad would leave before her funeral if she was found days ago.

But unless they have a suspect who led them to her body, or she is newly deceased, I wonder how they can be sure it’s her so quickly?

It would prudent for us here at WS to hold off on speculation at this point rather than crank it up a notch. We know how the story ends, but all we really know right now is that several scenarios have been eliminated. I’m out of here for the day, I’ll be back when we’ve got details.

I can't believe this. Just can't believe it. I really thought this was going to be another AH situation.
I’ve never understood why so many thought she’d be found alive. To me, that makes no sense. After following a number of cases, none turn out that way and saw nothing here to point that way other than wishful thinking

Yes they confirmed it

Source? At the press conference LE stated that DNA testing would be required to positively identify the remains which might take a couple of weeks. I don't find anything online suggesting that the results are back.

That doesn't mean that they weren't 100% confident that the remains were Jake's, just that it wouldn't be official without formal ID.

Just bumping my own post from the end of last thread for all new members.
[Also if you came here for this case, please stick around because even if they aren't local to you, your thoughts are needed and appreciated.
We all get hurt and drained after these outcomes, but I know everyone will be glued to WS for updates and hoping for justice.
So new members, please don't go. Take a rest if you need one then join us later on another case thread.
In the meantime, I am joining all of you in sticking to this thread til the very end. Hopefully in a courtroom! #justiceformollie and everyone else]
Thanks Chi. I'm in this until the end too.
My heart is so saddened. I'm not surprised, but so very sad. I was hoping for a better outcome. :(

i think when you dont put out the rught description and ask for 5 areas of focus 3 weeks later le is doing a bad job.
They are doing a bad job of employing the public's help, but maybe that's not what they needed. They have recovered her within a month. If they successfully determine what happened and catch a perp (if there is one), then job well done, it doesn't matter if it didn't go the way you wanted it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic