Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we have learned, this crime was incredibly brazen, and one of opportunity. The arrest affidavit, says he parked his vehicle, got out and jogged alongside her. He became angry when Mollie threatened to call police. He attacked her and put her in the trunk. He dragged her from vehicle to cornfield, put her over his shoulder, and carried her to location where she was found. Face up, covered in corn. Sounds like this all happened very quickly and she was beaten to death, on account of the blood he descrivbed seeing when he “blacked out.”

During his convenient "blackout" which nobody knows how long it lasted, it would not be out of the question that he raped her. Perhaps even after knocking her out or after he killed her.

From what we have learned, this crime was incredibly brazen, and one of opportunity. The arrest affidavit, says he parked his vehicle, got out and jogged alongside her. He became angry when Mollie threatened to call police. He attacked her and put her in the trunk. He dragged her from vehicle to cornfield, put her over his shoulder, and carried her to location where she was found. Face up, covered in corn. Sounds like this all happened very quickly and she was beaten to death, on account of the blood he descrivbed seeing when he “blacked out.”
"Blacked out" sounds like a murder defense being shaped up. :(

Okay, the gun thing isn’t annoying. I have somewhere in the range of 20-23 guns. I even have *gasp* an “assault rifle!! o_O

Just because a person has guns doesn’t mean they’re going to kill someone so come off it.

This dbag could have strangled her for all we know. Or used a knife. Or rope. Or fork. Seriously, let it go.
When I saw the three Armalite rifles, I thought he might be a drug dealer.

am i the only one wondering the time line here?
certainly if i had security cameras up and operating in the area at the time of MT jogging i make the call or say oh BTW i have video of MT running by on that day!
what took soo long in obtaining the video and seeing the black car circling around the area?
seems to me once they obtained the video they honed right in on the subject?

we are talking a period of 1 day july 18th no?

A heinous, evil crime. I am so saddened by the fear that Mollie must have felt.

My heart feels so heavy.

I am deeply thankful for whoever sent that surveillance video tape to the authorities. Very grateful.

It is so obvious that this investigation team would not have even slowed down until they "brought Mollie home".

I have the deepest gratitude to this law enforcement team. So grateful for their dedication and determination. It's easy to see why Mollie's family had such great faith in them.

Someone asked about the immigrant community several threads back. A local replied there weren’t very many. Ugh. I will be so sad if this plays out this way... for multiple reasons. Awful

"IF" this plays out what way??? He led LE to the body. What more do you need?

I am curious if he lived alone? If others were involved in any way? Was he the only one in the car? Who watched Mollie? A single illegal just decides out of the blue to sneak into our Country and he decides on Brooklyn IA?

What are we missing?

Illegal Immigrant charged with first-degree murder in Mollie Tibbetts' death

The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation confirmed Tuesday during a news conference that Cristhian Bahena Rivera, 24, is charged with first-degree murder.

Authorities confirmed Rivera is an illegal immigrant and is being held on a federal detainer.

Authorities said Tibbetts was in a cornfield southeast of Brooklyn.

The 20-year-old was last seen jogging July 18. Investigators said Rivera saw Tibbetts running and began running alongside her.

Tibbetts threatened to call police and ran further away, but Rivera chased her down.

Authorities said surveillance video brought investigators to Rivera. Rivera lead investigators to Tibbetts’ body.
Illegal Immigrant charged with first-degree murder in Mollie Tibbetts' death

Last edited:
From the arrest: http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

( I transcribed it, sorry for any typos)

• Rivera admitted to making contact with a female running in Brooklyn and that he pursued her in his vehicle… Defendant Rivera stated he parked the vehicle, got out and was running behind her and along side of her. Rivera stated she grabbed her phone and said “I’m gonna calle police.” Rivera said he then panicked and got mad and that he then “blocked” his “memory” which is what he does when he gets very upset and doesn’t remember anything after that until he came to an intersection. Rivera stated he then made a u-turn, drove back to an entrance to a field, and then drove into a driveway to a cornfield. He noticed there was an ear piece from headphones in his lap and that is how he realized he put her in the trunk. He went to get her out of the trunk and he noticed blood on the side of her head. … He dragged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle…

This is just heartbreaking and a reminder that no place is truly safe. I once stopped my truck at a closed (as in out of business) restaurant that had a pay phone (before cell days). Out of nowhere, this slightly drunk and sketchy looking guy comes towards me, eyeing me up and down and looking around to see if there was anyone around. There is NO one around. He stops and sees my Siberian husky in the cab. Shamu, being doofus dog, doesn't bark but just leans the front of his body out the open window. He said "what kind of animal is that". I said "it's a WOLF!" and the guy took off running. But after that, I always took my pistol with me.

wonder how he was able to support himself for 4-5 years if he was illegal, had to work for someone

wonder how he was able to support himself for 4-5 years if he was illegal, had to work for someone

Those guys have jobs like the rest of us-where I live, there are a ton of horse farms and riding stables, and virtually all of the laborers working at all of them are hispanic men. In fact, I have yet to see a laborer in the past 20 years who isn’t here from latin america, flying below the radar. All landscaping crews and a lot of construction workers, too. I sense that you might be wondering who employed him...back in the ‘80s, I think, a law passed that required any employer to be fined $10,000 per incident of employing someone who was here illegally, but it’s virtually never a fine that is levied against an employer, because everyone will tell you that all of these places of work, and many more, would shut down. I don’t know the answer to this complicated problem, but I do wish there was a way for employers to run their businesses, while still verifying who it is that they are hiring.

Two women in separate cases, were murdered in my town, by men who were living here illegally, but that doesn’t mean I think all of these men are killers-the problem is, we don’t know who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member