Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, first chance I had to pop in today and my heart is broken. Poor Mollie. I hope that killer rots in hell.
RIP Mollie and know that you were very loved and that people that never met you cared about you.
Prayers , hugs to the family , friends, and fellow WSers that cared about Mollie.
This is so so so sad. Go straight to hell killer.

RIP Mollie.

What do you mean which part? LOL ? Which tribe? Mi’kmaq. Or are you saying people are only Native if they are on paper? My great great grandmother was a chief. I love beside a reserve :)

Which part is Native American? That's what I meant. It's what my Choctaw/Pawnee best friend likes to ask people who say such a thing. :)

We don't know that his story is even true. We don't know what happened other than he has a story that doesn't include the important part of how she ended up bleeding from the head and then was, suddenly, dead. He may have driven right into her. He may have pulled a gun on her. He may have done more to her in the field. Whatever the details, I blame him. Not her.

I Googled the location where this attacked her. Route 370.
Totally rural, and she was out there at night, alone.
With nothing but a cell phone.

Phones don't save your life on a run. Pepper spray. Bear Spray. Learn to use it, and never leave home without it.
One pepper spray, $14.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods..... Mollie might still be with us. Getting ready for college.

so back to the .gov website...I assume that area is where he took her (385 and 200th) and did what he did to her after he grabbed her...I was always wondering about that red circle out there...knowing where he took her...makes sense...and then drove south on 21...

I wonder if bad cell reception was to blame? Anyone with land lines in their home for decades paid a special tax which was supposed to upgrade rural telephone service. I have never understood why that wasn't used to create/improve cell reception for public safety purposes (as well as to help advance educational opportunities).

IF she tried to call and the call couldn't go through will we ever know?
I don't think she had time to make that call. JMO

From what we have learned, this crime was incredibly brazen, and one of opportunity. The arrest affidavit, says he parked his vehicle, got out and jogged alongside her. He became angry when Mollie threatened to call police. He attacked her and put her in the trunk. He dragged her from vehicle to cornfield, put her over his shoulder, and carried her to location where she was found. Face up, covered in corn. Sounds like this all happened very quickly and she was beaten to death, on account of the blood he described seeing when he “blacked out.”
He didn't become "angry". He lured her into his car because she knew him with some fake story and then probably raped and killed her.

@Seattle1
"SHE'S NOT JUST A FLYER," THE BOYFRIEND OF THE MISSING IOWA WOMAN SAYS. PEOPLE SHE HAS TOUCHED THROUGHOUT HER 20 YEARS SHARED THEIR FAVORITE STORIES WITH THE REGISTER.
Luke Nozicka, Des Moines Register

Published 7:16 p.m. CT Aug. 20, 2018 | Updated 9:13 p.m. CT Aug. 20, 2018

Mollie Tibbetts' parents liked the name Grace. At the hospital in San Francisco, they didn't know if their middle child would be a boy or girl. Waiting to find out was an old-school approach — romantic and spontaneous.

But when they looked at her for the first time, they decided she wasn't a Grace, after all.

“Well, she’s more of a Mollie,” Rob Tibbetts remembers saying. .....

People in Brooklyn, a town of about 1,500 residents 70 miles east of Des Moines, say Tibbetts' disappearance has brought out the best in their city. Days after she vanished, at least 200 people gathered for a vigil at the high school, including people with no connection to Tibbetts.

Friends video-called Alexis Lynd, 19, who was vacationing in Florida, from the vigil. Lynd came home early from the trip; she could not enjoy it without knowing where Tibbetts was.
She's nurturing. She's a Harry Potter fan. We all know Mollie Tibbetts' face, but her friends and family say she's so much more.

late edit:

Minutes before the thread closed last night I read/shared this beautiful recap of Mollie's short life, and was so moved by the love and admiration Mollie garnered from all who crossed her path. I asked Mollie to come home. I waited until noon today to confirm the news already felt in my heart. Rest easy sweet Pie. May your Mum and Dad one day find peace.

Encourage all to read and remember this story of how Mollie lived, and not how she left us.

What are you going to say if you find out he is an ms-13 member?

The same. Criminal gangs or gang members aren't allowed to bond people out. But he's no MS-13 member. You would immediately know by the tattoos covering every inch of him, which are not apparent.

Anyhow, bonds are set in cases like this based on possibility. They know he can't make bond. They would dash in to raise it if they thought he could.

Finally, due to his immigration status, he would simply be held by ICE. Dude is not going anywhere.

Just from snooping around his Facebook. There is a picture of a child CR's first few pictures and the girl tagged in that picture is Facebook friends with Mollie. Some of the comments on her page imply that she is CR's ex-girlfriend. I do not know that for a fact.
Mollie and his ex were on the same high school cross country team together.

I was wondering this as well.

Sorry-didn’t quote the correct comment-the person wanted to know if a criminal is imprisoned first and then deported, or just deported.

Based on a murder here in my town, perpetrated by a man who was here illegally, the way it works, is they are incarcerated here for the term of their sentence, and then deported. Otherwise, a lot of people, when deported, just re-enter the country and turn up someplace else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper