Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one who thought she made it home and left with someone willingly. I was wrong. Otto, DocBrew and others who insisted she was abducted on her run were right on. I believed her dad's story, I thought he was right and I hoped it would be that way. Though, I had a gut feeling that she wasn't still alive some where. I'm sorry that this is the outcome. I'm so sorry for her family and friends. Such a sad, sad situation.

Good work to otto and others with the running routes, abduction scenarios, etc. I wish the outcome were different. :(

There is nothing, nothing, nothing wrong with holding out hope. You're not LE charged with tracking down evidence and making an arrest. You're allowed to hope against all odds that the victim survives and makes it home to their family. For the ones who did survive all they had during their awful ordeals was hope.

I was one who thought she made it home and left with someone willingly. I was wrong. Otto, DocBrew and others who insisted she was abducted on her run were right on. I believed her dad's story, I thought he was right and I hoped it would be that way. Though, I had a gut feeling that she wasn't still alive some where. I'm sorry that this is the outcome. I'm so sorry for her family and friends. Such a sad, sad situation.

Good work to otto and others with the running routes, abduction scenarios, etc. I wish the outcome were different. :(
Yes. I was wrong too. Otto, kudos to you for your spot on hypothesis.

Glad they found the horrible person who did this to Mollie so he doesn't have a chance to take away another beautiful life.. I've always wondered how it seemed like there was no video captured of Mollie during her jog in this day and age where seemingly everything or anything is captured on video. Earlier this summer I put up cameras when a neighbors car was broken into and when my driveway alarm went off a few nights later. It keeps about a months footage and gives me a little peace of mind for my family safety and that of my neighbors

Curious - what’s a driveway alarm?

How do you go 4-7 years without being pulled over? I get tickets every few years. How do you even purchase a car? Registration of vehicle? Paycheck? I have so many questions about this whole situation.
Being in Texas I know for a fact it’s very easy to be over looked. Even in small towns.
Pay cash and drive illegally. No big deal to them they are in America after all
Jmo ime

Being from a different country does not equal immigration status. This killer was not just from another country, he was here illegally and had done something that triggered a deportation order. that is relevant part of his immigration status. the vast majority of people from different countries here don't have active deportation orders.

Yes, but the post said Molly's prejudices or lack of prejudices may have led to what happened. Meaning, she should have been scared of him from the start. She couldn't have known his immigration status from looking at him, she couldn't have known she was in danger by looking at him. So I don't see how she should have known to be afraid of him before he did anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc