Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They kept this info between themselves and select members of the community who could actually help. Sure, we would have had more to talk about on the forums but at what cost?

When LE plays things close to the vest, it is generally for a reason. People were crying "cold case" when, in fact, it was heating up.

So true and something I will remind myself as I continue to follow cases.

I think one of the ONLY reasons they were able to get him was because they kept that info to themselves. We, as outsiders, could have done nothing to id this man. He wasn't even on our radar. If they HAD stated that they had video footage or even hinted that they had an idea of his vehicle, it would have spooked him and he'd have run. They kept this info between themselves and select members of the community who could actually help. Sure, we would have had more to talk about on the forums but at what cost?

When LE plays things close to the vest, it is generally for a reason. People were crying "cold case" when, in fact, it was heating up.

People were certainly correct that it looked to be heading cold. They had nothing. They interviewed WC FIVE times in a single week. The case starting heating up 2-3 days ago.

LE did great work to comb through the video and find him but it's not like they've been sitting on a goldmine of info since the disappearance. It seems they had pretty much exactly what people thought they had. Her electronic info seemingly pointed to her being in the area where she was found because they've spent 3 weeks searching that general area but they certainly didn't know where in that area or who put her there until this massive break.

Unfortunately this case is the exception. Just look at the massive amount of unsolved cold cases here.

How exactly did police obtain the video? Did the people realize there might be evidence and call in a tip? And, why did they wait so long? Maybe they didn't think to view it at first?

The affidavit says "shortly after Tibbetts was reported missing, video footage was collected from an area on the east side of Brooklyn." This is just my theory, but maybe many more houses and businesses had surveillance cameras than we thought. It may have taken LE this long to actually view all of the surveillance camera footage to identify parts that are relevant to Mollie's abduction. This is on top of following up on the thousand tips that came in, interviewing witnesses, gathering and analyzing forensic data... It's just a lot of work.

The arrest warrant has the time listed between 7:45 pm and 8:28 pm, so it sounds like it all transpired in under an hour.

I believe he abducted her at Boundary and Middle Streets ( arrest warrant says he was in that area at the same time she was) and put her in the trunk there (my theory only) and drove her out to the cornfield on the 1900 block of 385th Avenue (address of crime from arrest warrant) where he parked in the cornfield driveway to attack and murder her (my theory). No one saw or heard anything because the area is fields for miles and miles. He then carried her into the corn and covered her body. He admits to pulling into the cornfield driveway, but doesn't really say why he did because of his 'blocking it out'. He's only saying he blocked it out because he doesn't want to hear himself admit to LE how much of a monster he is.

LE has had the video for 1-2 weeks, but it took time to examine it. They saw Mollie on jogging on camera and the car in the area. It took time to figure out who the car was connected to. I think the points of interest map probably showed locations the car had been spotted (witnesses or cameras) and they were attempting to narrow down who was driving it.

Dear Qotus,

This is brilliant deduction!

"I think the points of interest map probably showed locations the car had been spotted (witnesses or cameras) and they were attempting to narrow down who was driving it."

It’s interesting that this guy is a “migrant” worker on a dairy farm. I’ve lived in Iowa for almost all of my life and have never seen either a migrant worker or a dairy farm here.

All the dairy cows farms are hidden in buildings. I grew up in Iowa and return frequently. There are supposedly big egg production facilities near I-80 that I’ve never seen.

It’s interesting that this guy is a “migrant” worker on a dairy farm. I’ve lived in Iowa for almost all of my life and have never seen either a migrant worker or a dairy farm here.
Lol. You was there.

I remember when you told the poster that I think he means Migrant workers.

Lol. Good memory.

$250 to $10,000 per undocumented employee depending on how many times you get caught, and up to 6 months in jail for the employer if a serial offender. One national tree trimming company got hit with a 96 million dollar fine last year for continually hiring and rehiring undocumented employees!

Mercy! Hardly seems worth it with the risk of getting caught. I'm glad there are rules/consequences for practicing business this way. Thanks for replying/answering. :)

KCJJ shared a post.
3 hrs ·
From the family of Mollie Tibbetts.

Billie Jo Calderwood
4 hrs ·
Please remember, Evil comes in EVERY color. Our family has been blessed to be surrounded by love, friendship and support throughout this entire ordeal by friends from all different nations and races. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

Sure seems like FBI Profilers (or Ex FBI profilers) get it wrong every time.

The Ex FBI Profiler said Mollie very likely left with someone she knew, someone she trusted.

Other experts on TV predicted a “kidnapper” would be older than this guy.

I cringed reading in the affidavit where surveillance camera captured the car going slowly back and forth. I know hindsight is 20/20, but if any nosy nelly from the neighborhood called the suspicious vehicle into LE, an officer may have scared him away before he had the chance to attack. We don't like getting into each others' business but we have to. Without getting into any politics or off-topic chatter, I think it's unfair to ask women haughtily to just not get attacked. But we can ask our communities to be vigilant, know your neighbors, report things out of the ordinary to the police. It just breaks your heart.
Completely agree, and I'm amazed, by all locals' accounts, that nobody saw anything.

With the benefit of hindsight, it now seems clear that:

A. Regardless of how many red shirts there were, this was not a factor.
B. As some of us (perhaps many of us) speculated Mollie never made it home on the 18th and there was no "working on her computer."
C. In one I had wrong giving him 50% probability -- WC had nothing to do with Mollie's abduction and murder.
D. All the talk of meeting up (or left voluntarily) with a friend or acquaintance or someone who one-sidely tracked her on social media was incorrect.

What a sad, sad day.

R.I.P. dear sweet Mollie.
Thats a #232

Sure seems like FBI Profilers (or Ex FBI profilers) get it wrong every time.

The Ex FBI Profiler said Mollie very likely left with someone she knew, someone she trusted.

Other experts on TV predicted a “kidnapper” would be older than this guy.

They work with what they have, based on prior cases with similar circumstances. They aren't psychics.

He’s being referred to as “migrant” and “seasonal” on the local radio stations. I don’t know how dairy farms work, not sure how milking cows could be seasonal work?
Yeah, I wouldn't know how that works there. Where I live I don't think there any working at farms like that, just onion fields. Also I asked for confirmation of the migrant workers and don't think I've seen an answer, only an article from DM, which I don't consider verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~