Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may speak English, but not proficiently. Rivera needs to understand his rights, the charges against him, the process, etc. Nobody wants a do-over.
There was another case where the defendant claimed to not speak English but it was BS. Can’t remember which case that was either. Gosh foggy today...brain overload. Must be all the legal jibberish between today and yesterday (Christopher Watts).)

Sounds like they are still going to rule on a gag order too. Does that mean we won't be hearing anything from the autopsy results? Also, would the no media allowed coverage be just for pre-trial proceedings or for the entire trial?

I am local to that case. I do not recall that he blacked out. He has just refused to discuss with LE but did talk to a cell mate about what he did.
For what it is worth FL is going for a murder charge with death penalty. I just feel for the family that still has no closure. I’m thankful for Mollie’s family in that respect at least. I can’t imagine NEVER knowing.

Waiving the hearing would waive this attorney getting more publicity.

lol Good point!

I expect at some point he'll ditch this attorney, get another and reset the clock to delay the inevitable as long as possible.

He can’t meet the conditions for release, because of his immigration issues. Doesn’t matter if they do find $5mil cash.
Exactly.

He won't come up with $5 million, but if he did, there are other conditions for a release - and he won't make those conditions. I'm not worried about the bond thing in the slightest.

jmo

Some questions. How do we know he's guilty? Could he be a fall guy? How did they not discover her body earlier?
Well it seems LE has verified his vehicle near Mollie via surveillance footage while she was jogging. And he led LE to her hidden body which nobody else has been able to find for weeks despite every type of search imaginable by multiple agencies. Not to mention he gave some specific details about the incident (she tried to call 911, I chased her down, etc, etc).

Don't know. I think the defendant has to pay 10%. That kid isn't going to come up with 500,000.
I heard her say he had the right to bond but in some cases here in TN bond is denied? I guess because we have the death penalty, capital murder?

Do we actually know more about his exact immigration status? I heard on the radio (CNN HLN) that his employer claims that he came back cleared in whatever database they check for work? Which could be a lie for self-defense of course. Or actually true. Dreamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper