IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic police work by the DCI to track him down with nothing besides a make and model of a car that wasn't even registered to him.

Curious to see who it was registered too. The farm was housing them, maybe they helped with cars too.
Thank goodness for those cameras. We have cameras around our home too. Our neighborhood was having car breakins and we were able to show the police who was doing it. We watched on camera a guy wearing white gloves break into 2 of our cars.

Just a thought, but I would caution that there has been no evidence that MT was sexually assaulted, therefore it might be best to not use the word "rape" in posts. Mods, feel free to delete my post if needed.

Indeed, they said multiple times they couldn't get into that during the press conference, but id be VERY surprised if she wasn't. This seems to be a sexually motivated crime.

Im guessing he didn't want to admit to that and that's why he conveniently "blacked out" during that portion of the crime.

How does LE know his real name is Rivera? He entered illegally. He has no birth records in our country? How can anyone know who this guy truly is?

During WWI and WWII (when many babies were born at home) men went to court and carried their family Bible and an uncle or father or brother with them to attest before the court YEP that's my nephew, son, or brother and I was there when he entered this world!

The men (and women) received delayed birth records.

But this guy = how DOES LE confirm who he really is?

There is NO reason to think his family, or anyone else knew anything. He was probably home by 10pm and I have my doubts Mollie had a chance to fight back physically. Plus scrapes, bruises etc are probably not all that unusual in a day’s manual labor. Plenty of women have lived with men who had raped and murdered and never knew a thing. That is partly why so many are still free.
Jmo

IMHO Mollie knew someone who was "closer" to Cristhian Bahena Rivera (thanks @feralwriter ;) stole your "bold") than we know yet...it doesn't seem to me that MT or her parents knew him at all. Hmmm
When your class/team mate in a very small town has a baby, I'm sure Mollie either knew, or knew of CR, who likely lived around Brooklyn for the last 7 years. (Good chance that Mollie, her Mum and Brothers even witnessed the Christening of CR & the GF baby at St. Patrick's)!! There's another report out today about mutual girlfriend of Mollie's that had been texting with CR for the past month. The Calderwood & Tibbetts families are also long time friends of CR's Employer. It should be obvious by now that these locals go back several generations. Don't see any need to make any acquaintance hmmm sinister.

Last edited:
I don't believe for one moment that this disaster was over quickly . No.
We do need to be seeing this loss as a disaster.
A healthy young person, in the prime of life, whose last sights on earth were ...well, I'm not going there.
I also don't feel convinced that this was just one person. 130 pound guy, carrying 120 pound woman around corn field?? How many of us can carry our own weight, for any distance? Does he look that fit to you?
Glad we live in a country where you can form your own opinion.....not just what is force fed in the media.

~charley project dot org~

Also, IMO-CR frequented the area of 385th Avenue where it was mentioned he kidnapped her from using that car. He saw Mollie during the times he was there. He also may have been observed there in the days after Mollie was kidnapped, but didn't know who he was only what he was doing in the area.
Still have to wonder - did he know she was going to be alone that night. That no one would notice she’s gone for at least another 10-12 hours. Give him some time to get himself together. Or was that all by chance?

I’d like to chime in about I-80. I live in a very small, very rural town. I-80 is literally 2 miles from me. There is a truck stop, hotel & 2 gas stations at my exit. I see people of all backgrounds, from every state & lots of people from Canada at these places. There are semi’s in & out, all day & all night long. It’s a constant flow of traffic.
Although there are very few crimes (think property, nuisances, etc) here, I believe I-80 is definitely a gateway for criminals on any level to travel & get away easily. MOO

He led police to Mollie quickly enough once caught. Maybe he will do the only other thing he could possibly do for her family by pleading guilty. He gets life, either way.

But I doubt any lawyer will let him. They will convince him he has a chance, that anything can happen in court etc

I don't believe for one moment that this disaster was over quickly . No.
We do need to be seeing this loss as a disaster.
A healthy young person, in the prime of life, whose last sights on earth were ...well, I'm not going there.
I also don't feel convinced that this was just one person. 130 pound guy, carrying 120 pound woman around corn field?? How many of us can carry our own weight, for any distance? Does he look that fit to you?
Glad we live in a country where you can form your own opinion.....not just what is force fed in the media.

~charley project dot org~
I think he looks strong enough to do what he says he did. He's a farm hand - he does physical labor as a job. I think he could drag and lift Mollie, especially when he knew he had to in order to hide her.

My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member