IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my thoughts... what Rivera did was absolutely horrible and despicable. And it wasn’t until he was cornered by LE that he confessed, putting Mollie’s family, boyfriend and friends through weeks of needless false hope and agony over her disappearance.

But after that, Rivera didn’t deny his involvement whatsoever. For whatever reason, he was ready to get caught. There’s a hundred scenarios he could’ve fabricated to minimize his involvement....he saved her from a vicious attack but she was mortally injured, or he rescued her from the side of the road but couldn’t save her, scared he’d get blamed....

Instead he admitted to everything required to support the first degree murder charge. Did he actually black-out or did the investigator figuratively or literally black-out the rest of his story because the general public really doesn’t need to know the lurid details?

If a gag order is placed, we know that Rivera may plead guilty and if so we may never know all the gory details. But that does not diminish the memory of Molly. I’d imagine her family would prefer it that way.
I think if there is a gag order, that just means the participants are not allowed to talk to the media during the trial and media is not allowed in the courtroom. ? After the case is over, I don't think the gag order is in effect anymore. Trials are public record so I think anything that he confessed to would eventually be available to the the public

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

jmo

I'm going to bump my post from the previous thread about the affidavit in case it comes up again. Sorry if you've already seen it:

About the affidavit that contains an alleged confession from CR:

LE needs probable cause for an arrest. Probable cause means sufficient reason to believe based on known facts that a crime has been committed. This affidavit was submitted to a judge to provide probable cause for the arrest of CR for the murder of Mollie. LE is stating: here are facts as we know them today that support this arrest. CR's confession, even if it is embellished or made up, is an admission that LE can rely on as proof that he committed this crime.

It doesn't mean LE believes CR's story, it means CR admitted this to LE and they can provide it as evidence that he committed the crime. It doesn't mean that LE will present this exact story at trial. It is just the initial evidence the supports an arrest. After further investigation, forensic testing, interviews, etc., LE may have a completely different explanation for the what of what happened. And that's fine! But the fact that he admitted to incriminating acts and statements is enough for LE to start with.

Bumping my post about the cash bond:

The $5m bond is a cash bond - you need to put up the full amount in cash, not through a bail company. Most people make bond by paying a small fee to a bond company who puts up the money on your behalf and it is returned to them when you show up at court. That's inapplicable here. Here, he'd need $5m cash in the bank just to meet the Iowa bond. Then there's a DHS hold so he would need to meet whatever conditions DHS had - which would likely be no bond on the immigration violations.

I can't help but wonder how Rivera treated his girlfriend and daughter.
It always amazes me when a father of a daughter mistreats another female.
I'm thinking if Mollie had the ability she would have really tried to hurt him, like Mickey Shunick did to her killer. The thing is, Rivera had people to go home to. If Mollie injured him he would have had to explain the injuries somehow. I'm looking forward to hearing if she did indeed injure him. I sure hope so!
What I also really want to know is how in the world did she not notice anything if she was living with him! I don't get it. She must have seen something. Blood, scratches, and all those other things LE told the public to look for.

The owners of the farm where he worked said they have had over 100 threatening phone calls, some threatening to burn the farm down, some threatening to kill them and one call even told him he was going to kill his dog. OMG.

Farm that hired Cristhian Rivera, Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer, did not use E-Verify system, official says

The Mexican national accused of murdering college student Mollie Tibbetts in Iowa last month lived in the United States illegally for several years -- and worked for a farm that used Social Security Administration data in part to vet potential employees, according to officials there.

Identity fraud is the most common way illegal immigrants and "unscrupulous employers" try to thwart the system, said Jessica Vaughan, the director of policy studies for the Center for Immigration Studies.

While the details regarding how Rivera may have gamed the system remain unclear, Vaughan said many of the cases prosecuted in the past have seen an illegal immigrant simply purchase fraudulent identities.

Clearly we have a murderer who snatched a 20 yr old off the streets who worked for a local company and used a different name on his papers to gain the position. SO the question is

WHO IS THIS GUY? Is his real name Rivera? Is he really from Mexico? Is there any IA or FED law to compell this man to furnish DNA for this case and it be entered in the FBI's database before August 31st his next court date?

Sexual deviants who hunt their prey have used jurisdictional boundaries and aliases to achieve their goals. And they routinely think they are smarter than LE and use every loophole in our criminal justice system to slither away with minimal costs to them.

Mollie's death suggests to me this man - he was 24 yrs old- was escalating. What he had done to others may be very difficult for LE to sort and Prosecutors to prove.

I am saddened we can't look at the loopholes he used to hide in plain sight in Brooklyn, IA.

His employer and community were duped by a criminal.

And I am truly angry right now his attorney is distorting facts of the case to try and confuse the public and possible jury pool.

As far as Allen Richard goes. I found another court case where he was the defendant. I was looking to see if he has done any 1st degree murder cases.

I am confused why he would take this case after applying for a position on the IA Courts which will be filled Sept 3rd. Has the decision be made? He was already notified he didn't get the job?

Anyone?

Right now I am just as curious about Allan Richard as I am about CR - or whoever he is!
https://www.iowacourts.gov/media/documents/0159_8814E6FDBE0B1.pdf

Here's the press conference with the co-owners of Yarabee Farms. @1:42 is where they start explaining about the verification process they used. The verification center they used is NOT the same as E-Verify (although say they believed it was at the time). Social Security Employment Verification Service is what they used, NOT E-Verify.
Watch Replay: Yarrabee Farms holds press conference on Cristhian Rivera employment

I assume he ha
Harmony Thanks for posting all the video's at the beginning of the new thread and Tricia thanks for all that you do..
As I am looking at this bucolic area of Brooklyn Iowa it is a place that you would NEVER think of such a horrible thing happening. Country, corn, rural, small town, church, football, 4-H and apple pie.

My grandparents live in a place like that- but women in my family are scared/extremely cautious to go into the more desolate areas alone. Even if you think everyone in your community is moral and trustworthy- there's too much of a chance that anyone from any where could drive by - or even several people- and there you are...

What I also really want to know is how in the world did she not notice anything if she was living with him! I don't get it. She must have seen something. Blood, scratches, and all those other things LE told the public to look for.
He does heavy manual work with farm animals, mostly cows. Would not be unusual to have some scrapes etc in the course of his work.

i was hoping to find a video of the Yarrabee Farms co-owners press conference, but no luck yet. From the Iowa Secretary of State, it doesn't appear E-Verify is mandatory. I think the Farm co-owner may have misspoken (or we misunderstood what he said today) when he said they used it to verify his documents at hiring. If they didn't, then his documents probably did match a person in Social Security with whatever name/address/birthdate the suspect used, so he "passed". I wonder whose identity he used to get the job .... faked documents, or real?

E-Verify

What is E-Verify
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States. The program was authorized by the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (IIRIRA). For most employers, the use of E-Verify is voluntary and limited to determining the employment eligibility of new hires only. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce. The E-Verify system is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration.

Nationally, more than 238,000 employers are enrolled in the program, with over 16 million queries run through the system in fiscal year 2010. There have been over 3 million cases run through the system in fiscal year 2011 (as of December 11, 2010).

Here in Iowa, we have over 1,600 employers representing 7,330 worksites currently enrolled in E-Verify. In FY 2011, Iowa employers ran 129,000 E-Verify queries.
Spellz, I posted it in the media thread

I think if there is a gag order, that just means the participants are not allowed to talk to the media during the trial and media is not allowed in the courtroom. ? After the case is over, I don't think the gag order is in effect anymore. Trials are public record so I think anything that he confessed to would eventually be available to the the public

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

jmo

How do we know he’ll choose to go to trial? He’s admitted he’s guilty, enough to get convicted imo. He stated she died during the course of an abduction - he approached her while running and put her in his trunk, then led LE to the location - doesn’t that constitute an automatic 1 st degree charge. I don’t see how he could later declare he’s innocent.

As abhorrent as it may seem, perps who admit their guilt and lead LE to the bodies of missing persons often benefit by plea deals and reduced sentencing.

Last edited:
The owners of the farm where he worked said they have had over 100 threatening phone calls, some threatening to burn the farm down, some threatening to kill them and one call even told him he was going to kill his dog. OMG.
I was checking out the area of the farm on Google maps and clicked on the business to look at previous reviews and it was already filled with hateful remarks blaming the business for what happened.

Has anyone checked since this news broke if there are any other missing women in the area that this guy may have harmed or be a possible suspect for? I wonder if he lived elsewhere in the USA before Iowa.
There may be other cases of rapists they are trying to catch in that area that may come to light as well.
Trying to envision what happened, did he commit the crime right in the middle of the street? Did he take her elsewhere, rape and killed her and then dumped her in that field or did he knock her out putting her into the trunk alive and she was still alive when he left her in the field , unresponsive with a head injury. So many questions I have.
I am also really shocked that she couldn't fight this guy off, he's a little man, smaller than most women and weighs less than most women. My heart goes out to her family.... such a sad ending and waste of a beautiful life.
I am wondering all those things too. I am pretty confident they will put all the pieces together. They may not reveal everything. Too bad he just can't remember...

Just a tidbit:
According to Fox News, the Chevy Malibu that the suspect was driving, was not registered to him. The surveillance footage was unable to pick up a license plate, but the car had some unusual markings that made it identifiable.

Not a fan of Daily Mail, but that article was rather good. He was apparently following the case enough to be able to talk about it and offer theories. I'm guessing he thought he was going to get away with it.

jmo
I’m not a fan of them either. For once they had their own reporting on a case, and that made them more reliable than usual.

I can't help but wonder how Rivera treated his girlfriend and daughter.
It always amazes me when a father of a daughter mistreats another female.
I'm thinking if Mollie had the ability she would have really tried to hurt him, like Mickey Shunick did to her killer. The thing is, Rivera had people to go home to. If Mollie injured him he would have had to explain the injuries somehow. I'm looking forward to hearing if she did indeed injure him. I sure hope so!
I sure wouldn’t be surprised if he was aggressive to towards them too.

I assume he ha

My grandparents live in a place like that- but women in my family are scared/extremely cautious to go into the more desolate areas alone. Even if you think everyone in your community is moral and trustworthy- there's too much of a chance that anyone from any where could drive by - or even several people- and there you are...
My mother used to do a lot of walking alone in a rural area and says she got scared when someone slowed down next to her on a foggy road one morning. It can be scary out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3